PDA

View Full Version : What butchers for the christmas meat??

bullielove
19-Dec-09, 11:08
Does anyone have any recommendations of what butchers to use for turkey and other meat? Any recommendations gratefully recived as I dont often use the butchers. Thanks!!:Razz

mrjolly
19-Dec-09, 11:12
harrolds high st wick

Amowat
19-Dec-09, 11:48
Can`t beat Bews the Butchers in Thurso. Simply the best!

Hoida
19-Dec-09, 12:04
I buy all my meat from Douglas Mackay the butcher in Thurso. He does a lovely pork and apricot stuffing delicious.:lol:

poppett
19-Dec-09, 14:18
In Thurso we are indeed blessed with butchers.

Bews cooked chicken, chinese pork and smokey joe sausages are delicious, Mackays for the pork and apricot stuffing, cooked beef and ham, and Harrolds for pork and oatmeal stuffing, lambs liver and pork and apple burgers.

Add to that the delicious butchery items in Frasers in Castlegreen who take in Steak pie, mince round and haggis from Cockburn the butchers in Dingwall, also Caithness Pork and Beef, we are surely spoiled for choice.

One thing I do miss is Golspie black pudding. Nothing beats that, bar none.

Foxy
19-Dec-09, 15:51
Harrolds, High street, Wick have excellent meat and poultry. :)

Iffy
19-Dec-09, 16:44
Definetely Harrolds Butchers in Wick !!

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
19-Dec-09, 17:08
Castletown butchers provided us with amazing meat last year and we are doing the same this year :-)

highlander2222
19-Dec-09, 18:28
G harpers good valve for your money

Alice in Blunderland
19-Dec-09, 20:54
George Harper gets my vote. He is very helpful, good value and good meat the kids often get a wee treat from him :)

butterfly
20-Dec-09, 01:34
George Harper for me too.Staff very cheery and reasonable prices.Love his pork n apple burgers.:D

linkside
20-Dec-09, 12:10
Can`t beat Bews the Butchers in Thurso. Simply the best!
I totally agree, we use it all the time.

Lilly
20-Dec-09, 19:42
George Harpers the only shop for me!!
Staff very helpful and good value for money!

Amy-Winehouse
20-Dec-09, 20:52
I like either George Harper or Harrolds, George`s attitude towards his customers is brilliant, its as if he genuinely loves people coming into his shop an appreciates their custom.

Johnnie Harrold is kind to my son when i go in there, always gives him an apple but Ive no got the heart to tell him that my son wont eat apples :D

Decisions decisions!!!

twinkle
21-Dec-09, 12:28
George Harper definately gets my vote as well. I just got an £80 xmas hamper from them well worth the money and so much meat in it!! :Razz

ellimac
21-Dec-09, 17:21
Castletown butchers provided us with amazing meat last year and we are doing the same this year :-)

I agree, I bought from Castletown last year and have mine ordered for this year... :D

Doreen
21-Dec-09, 17:55
Isay greystones farm up in watten and he delivers it to your door