PDA

View Full Version : Harborfest 2010?

Bruce_H
18-Dec-09, 16:14
Any chance there have been any dates discussed yet for Harborfest 2010? I am considering making the trip over next year, and would dearly love to attend.

Thanks!

Bruce H

Kirdon
18-Dec-09, 18:44
Any chance there have been any dates discussed yet for Harborfest 2010? I am considering making the trip over next year, and would dearly love to attend.

Thanks!

Bruce H

As far as I am lead to believe the "Wick Harbourfest" only happens every two years but that may have changed.

Whitewater
18-Dec-09, 20:30
I think the harbourfest takes place annually now, it has certainly taken place the last 3 years, but unfortunately I missed this years. Best to write to the Harbour Master c/o Harbour Office, Wick, Caithness, Scotland, or you can email Bill Fernie here on the org, I'm sure Bill will give you the information you require.

2little2late
19-Dec-09, 00:28
Harbourfest is every two years. Next one is 2011.

Kirdon
19-Dec-09, 18:46
I think the harbourfest takes place annually now, it has certainly taken place the last 3 years, but unfortunately I missed this years. Best to write to the Harbour Master c/o Harbour Office, Wick, Caithness, Scotland, or you can email Bill Fernie here on the org, I'm sure Bill will give you the information you require.

There has only been 2 harbourfests. Last year the RNLI had a "Harbourday" to raise funds for themselves and some people got confused with this and the "Harboufest" which is a totally different festival. 2007 Harbourfest had the flotilla and this year was the homecoming Harbourfest.

Margaret M.
19-Dec-09, 19:12
There has only been 2 harbourfests. Last year the RNLI had a "Harbourday" to raise funds for themselves and some people got confused with this and the "Harboufest" which is a totally different festival. 2007 Harbourfest had the flotilla and this year was the homecoming Harbourfest.

So which one is more fun to attend -- Harbourday or Harbourfest?

Kirdon
20-Dec-09, 18:05
So which one is more fun to attend -- Harbourday or Harbourfest?

Herbourfest, harbourday has only about a quarter of the stalls, exhibits etc that harbourfest has. Although harbourday raises money solely for the RNLI so still worth attending.