PDA

View Full Version : Hillhead Primary Christmas Concert

flyfifer
18-Dec-09, 12:52
Our wee girl is taking part on Monday night, and we got our two tickets from the school last week with the newsletter which said that some more were available at the office for other family members. We wanted another one for her big sister and went to the school the following day to get one, but found that there were none left!!
If anyone finds that they have a spare ticket going, I would be grateful if you could PM me please?

Bradcon
18-Dec-09, 13:22
Lack of tickets seems to be an issue every year there.

redeyedtreefrog
18-Dec-09, 22:30
What I dont like about most of the school concerts is that they dont sing proper Christmas songs. Its the religious rubbish that nobody knows, better with a bit of Slade or something. But when I was in Primary 3 we did Rocking Around The Xmas Tree and one of my friends had to dress as the tree and dance about in the middle. Quite funny in retrospect.

BINBOB
18-Dec-09, 23:17
What I dont like about most of the school concerts is that they dont sing proper Christmas songs. Its the religious rubbish that nobody knows, better with a bit of Slade or something. But when I was in Primary 3 we did Rocking Around The Xmas Tree and one of my friends had to dress as the tree and dance about in the middle. Quite funny in retrospect.

EHHMMMMMMMMM...religious rubbish....carols are meant to be sung at Christmas...........it is a religious festival[well..sometimes I dooooooooooo wonder.]It is not X factor at Chrimbo[a WORD THAT i LOATHE.][disgust]

unicorn
18-Dec-09, 23:23
I used to really enjoy the christmas concerts and it is good for children to learn what christmas is all about ie. not just decorations and presents.

BINBOB
18-Dec-09, 23:47
I used to really enjoy the christmas concerts and it is good for children to learn what christmas is all about ie. not just decorations and presents.

Thank u,unicorn....never did us any harm finding the meaning of Christmas!!!And singing carols,which I adore..........;)

dunbrake
19-Dec-09, 01:11

You should have been at Pulteneytown Primary School concert on Thursday night, mix of carols and modern christmas songs, it was fantastic, Well Done to all the teachers and pupils it was a great show.

golach
19-Dec-09, 01:32
I attended Leith Academy Christmas Concert last night, they played "Need a litle christmas", Ding Dong Merrily on High, Jingle Bells, Rocking around the Christmas tree, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reighndeer, O Holy night, and So Here it is Merry Christmas as a finale, and my #3 G'daughter sang a solo, I was as proud as punch. So Frog, your wrong in my opinion

BINBOB
19-Dec-09, 11:30
I attended Leith Academy Christmas Concert last night, they played "Need a litle christmas", Ding Dong Merrily on High, Jingle Bells, Rocking around the Christmas tree, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reighndeer, O Holy night, and So Here it is Merry Christmas as a finale, and my #3 G'daughter sang a solo, I was as proud as punch. So Frog, your wrong in my opinion

That sounds so lovely and the right mix.;)

elastic band
20-Dec-09, 00:28
Personally i absolutely love, love, love the children's Christmas concerts, carols, Christmas songs, decs, the tree, lights etc, etc etc. I absolutely adore Christmas and everything it entails but there is something so magical about little ones performing their Christmas concerts.

mrs mo

wickscorrie
21-Dec-09, 17:12
Hi we have one spare ticket for tonights concert please pm if anyone needs it.

rainbow
21-Dec-09, 23:27
Parking at the concert was absolutely shocking. As we were going out of the centre a bus came towards us and we had to mount the pavement to avoid a collison. On our return towards the centre a gritter was in front of us and cars had to mount the pavement to ensure a flow of traffic. Its about time the parking at the church is sorted before a bad accident happens - some people will not walk the length of themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its the same every Sunday, but tonight there was more cars than normal, and the congestion it caused was unacceptable.

lynne duncan
22-Dec-09, 08:55
concert was brilliant well done to all the staff and the kids.
absolutely adored the nursery song

parkie
22-Dec-09, 19:06
if you were sitting your driving test you would have failed, your not allowed on pavement,s,and if you nearly crashed which one of you was speeding

rainbow
23-Dec-09, 10:44
Parkie - precisely - I wa co-driving my daughter at the time, and she managed to avoid a collision, which looking on the positive side gives her some more experience, and lets her realise that its sometimes not your bad driving than can cause accidents its the other ignorant idiots on the road!

redeyedtreefrog
23-Dec-09, 19:57
Concert was good, well done to all involved. Mostly great song choice too.