changilass
25-Apr-06, 20:31
"der der de de derr"

"Good evening, here are the headlines"

"Get ready for a £1 a litre for fuel."

Rheghead shouts and smashes his telly with his boot,

"We've already had it for weeks you ninkampoop!![evil] "

[lol]

I was listening to same thing on the radio, went absolutely mental (no wise cracks Golach) the wee man in the back of the car was in stitches

George Brims
26-Apr-06, 18:06
TV and radio are always giving out old news as new. Sometimes it's their London-centric or Glasgow-centric view (depending which bit you are listening to), and sometimes it's political slant.

I vividly recall the BBC announcing that the Thatcher goverment was planning to save money by stopping indexing the old Family Allowance to inflation - two years after listening to the Chancellor say in his Budget speech he had just done so.

So just how much a litre is petrol now? At a pound a litre that's UKP3.67 a US gallon, whereas a US gallon in California currently costs about $3.25, or UKP1.80 or so. Traditionally fuel in the US is about 1/3 the cost in the UK, but now it seems to be 1/2. Perhaps that's a good thing in the long run, though I see no sign of people carpooling more here. Bus and train user numbers are up slightly but that's a drop in the ocean. I wonder how much higher it will have to get before mass numbers of people change lifestyle? More likely we will all get in our SUVs and drive to Washington to protest.

Saveman
26-Apr-06, 18:25
"der der de de derr"

"Good evening, here are the headlines"

"Get ready for a £1 a litre for fuel."

Rheghead shouts and smashes his telly with his boot,

"We've already had it for weeks you ninkampoop!![evil] "

[lol]

I sent an email to the BBC News website saying as much....

changilass
26-Apr-06, 18:32
I sent an email to the BBC News website saying as much....

Good for you. Hubby goes mad when they are talking about football and english teams being out of various competitions, whilst failing to mention that Scottish teams are still there