PDA

View Full Version : Royal Mail

purplelady
18-Dec-09, 00:39
I know that royal mail are always getting bad press but for once i thing they should be congratulated I posted a pracel at 10.45 on tues to the kent and it arrived the very next day i was really impressed considering it is xmas so just felt i needed to say something x

Kevin Milkins
18-Dec-09, 00:59
I can beat that.:roll:

I posted a parcel to Exeter at midday on Tuesday in Wick post office, and then went down to Reiss beach to take the dogs for a walk.

You can imagine my surprise when my son phoned me half an hour after posting it to let me know he had received his Christmas present and would put it under the tree until Christmas day.

I wasn't aware that Mrs M had posted one to him a few days earlier.:lol:

It is refreshing to know that there are some things in the UK that still
works well and you are right to congratulate them. Well done the post office.

purplelady
18-Dec-09, 01:27
hehehehehe kevin took me a few mins to realise what you were saying , i just felt I had to say something because we are always slagging them off and this time of year expected it to taks a few days xxxxxxxx

neepnipper
18-Dec-09, 08:38
I posted a big parcel down to Somerset on Saturday that got there on Tuesday.:D

Posted a recorded delivery letter to Inverness on Saturday and they still havn't received it.:(

purplelady
18-Dec-09, 13:38

Posted a recorded delivery letter to Inverness on Saturday and they still havn't received it.:(
I know sometimes there are excetions but on the whole have been pretty happy with the service have had from royal mail these guys and gals work hard and do an amazing job not a job i would want to do up at goodness what time in the morning and walking around in all weathers no thank you x

Kodiak
18-Dec-09, 13:58

The most common reason for a Recorded Delivery Letter not being registered as delivered is that the Addressee was not not in when the postie called.

So it could be that the Letter is sitting in the Inverness Sorting Office waiting to be picked up.

Leanne
18-Dec-09, 14:14
Royal mail up here are great! It is the other direction only that is lacking... My other half's mum posted a package last Saturday, next day delivery, and it finally arrived yesterday! 5 days later...

Our postie is brill! He helped out when my dog went missing (let people in the village know to keep an eye out, as he did too) and yesterday he couldn't get the package to us in the morning as the council were delivering grit. Rather than delivering the next day (completely reasonable given the circumstances) he dropped it off at half 4 on his way home at the end of his shift. Big well done to the Watten postie - I wish I knew his name so I could put a proper thankyou!

Kevin Milkins
18-Dec-09, 14:45
I wish I knew his name so I could put a proper thankyou!

His name Is Kris,;)

Leanne
18-Dec-09, 15:23
His name Is Kris,;)

Thanks. He's a lovely bloke :)

There was a delivery guy the other day who dropped a parcel off who was shouting he had a delivery for us while feeding our dogs treats in the porch :) Nice guy or just canny??? Yeah he was a nice guy!

Kevin Milkins
18-Dec-09, 15:28
Thanks. He's a lovely bloke

There was a delivery guy the other day who dropped a parcel off who was shouting he had a delivery for us while feeding our dogs treats in the porch :) Nice guy or just canny??? Yeah he was a nice guy!

I think I had better own up to having a joke again before I get into more bother.:roll:

http://www.santahollywood.com/photogallery/KrisKringle.JPG

BINBOB
18-Dec-09, 15:56
Royal mail up here are great! It is the other direction only that is lacking... My other half's mum posted a package last Saturday, next day delivery, and it finally arrived yesterday! 5 days later...

Our postie is brill! He helped out when my dog went missing (let people in the village know to keep an eye out, as he did too) and yesterday he couldn't get the package to us in the morning as the council were delivering grit. Rather than delivering the next day (completely reasonable given the circumstances) he dropped it off at half 4 on his way home at the end of his shift. Big well done to the Watten postie - I wish I knew his name so I could put a proper thankyou!

My postie.Peter,in Halkirk is the best!!!;)

Leanne
18-Dec-09, 15:56
I think I had better own up to having a joke again before I get into more bother.:roll:

Ahhh get the joke now - Cringle.... Funeeee :lol:

Bobinovich
18-Dec-09, 19:51
I'll join the congrats brigade and doff my hat to Royal Mail - recorded package in post in Bristol yesterday afternoon, delivered here this afternoon - actually about 5 minutes after the 'Your parcel has been sent' e-mail arrived :lol:

im behind you
18-Dec-09, 19:56

is he the postie that dose henderson sq and that i think his name is david not to sure. but he is kinda cute wonder if he is single.

jim shoe
18-Dec-09, 20:09
my postie is work shy and lazy

poppett
18-Dec-09, 20:38
Recorded delivery parcel still "in the system to be delivered" after almost a week. A second class letter from the same place posted at the same time was here the following day!

Daftest thing I have seen was a memory card for a moblie phone in a large waterproof bag (the size of a pedal bin liner) delivered from the huge parcel force lorry, because the company no longer trust Royal Mail to deliver small items as they get lost.

2little2late
19-Dec-09, 00:27
I would love to post a letter to the Green Road sorting office without the correct postage. Would they pay the extra £1.03 or whatever it would be? I very much doubt it.

Kenn
19-Dec-09, 00:41
Can't fault our posties, always cheerful.
Have been pleasantkly surprised that items often arrive quicker here than when I was living down south.

BINBOB
19-Dec-09, 11:32
I think I had better own up to having a joke again before I get into more bother.

http://www.santahollywood.com/photogallery/KrisKringle.JPG

U are not as good looking !!!;):D

GGS
19-Dec-09, 12:19
Wot about the poor postie out in this weather

ChuckBuscuits
19-Dec-09, 18:23
there are two posties that do watten+surrounding area's.
i believe your posties name is william.
he must be due a tip for his hard work;)

Margaret M.
19-Dec-09, 18:30
I haven't been too impressed. The last few years, quite a few Christmas cards I've sent to people in Caithness have been returned to me in February for no apparent reason. Addresses were good, postage was sufficient so who knows. I don't bother mailing any now.

Kodiak
19-Dec-09, 21:27
Recorded delivery parcel still "in the system to be delivered" after almost a week. A second class letter from the same place posted at the same time was here the following day!

Daftest thing I have seen was a memory card for a moblie phone in a large waterproof bag (the size of a pedal bin liner) delivered from the huge parcel force lorry, because the company no longer trust Royal Mail to deliver small items as they get lost.

If anything is delivered by ParcelForce it is Being delivered by Royal Mail as ParcelForce is part of Royal Mail.

I think you will find that it was delivered by a ParcelForce Lorry as the Company who sent it would have had a Commercial Contract with ParcelForce who would go and collect and deliver all their Items no matter what size they are. They would then get their items delivered at a Contract rate which is so much cheaper.

poppett
20-Dec-09, 00:22
I am only going by what the lorry driver told me, Kodiak. He delivered a phone the week before and then the memory card. I have three relatives who work for parcelforce and even they don`t know why my other parcel is still in the system to be delivered. I could have walked to Manchester to collect it in the time they have had it.

Blarney
20-Dec-09, 01:43
I think that here, generally, all posties are good as individuals but they can only deliver a good service if the system backs them up. My own postie is an absolute gem and he knows where to leave stuff if we are not in to save us having to go the sorting office and is always polite and courteous. I think that overall it's a great system and sometimes we expect too much of it.

poppett
21-Dec-09, 13:41
My long awaited parcel from Manchester was still on the electronic missing list when I checked "Track and trace" on Saturday. This morning it appears as delivered with a scrawl for a signature and timed on Friday at 12.42. The house has not been left unattended all week waiting for this important parcel, and now we have to wait 15 working days before claiming it is missing!!

Of course it is missing..........I don`t have it.

ARgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

jings00
24-Dec-09, 12:50
my pal sent an xmas card yesterday from Perth...got here just now
'mon the posties!!

Dadie
24-Dec-09, 12:56
Our postie is William in Watten and he is brilliant!
Takes the time to tell me the state of the roads if im going out when he is delivering the post at the moment and he will stop and speak to the bairns when we meet him on or off duty!

As well as parcels left securely for us when out!

mumof2
24-Dec-09, 23:22
my postie in wick is brill. if i'm out when he comes with a parcel he'll drop it into my work on the way past to save me from going to green road for it! you can always get the crack with him and he's never late.

Fstevens
25-Dec-09, 11:45
Sorry to be a misery, I was out when the post came with flowers for me, I rung Wick and asked if he could redeliver next day, Yes :(, still waiting.

Before everyone JUMPS I do have a secure place to leave things, My Postie Paul is an angel so I praise him.
Sorry to be a grump. but flowers left for nearly a week Well !!!!!!!