PDA

View Full Version : Quorn!

KCI
17-Dec-09, 22:35
OK - e weird question, but does anyone know where you can buy a Quorn Roast in Caithness?

Tesco usually have them, but don't seem to have them this year. I have tried to order one from my usual site, but they have changed their delivery options now, so I would have to order 6, which is a bit pointless! I'm the only veggie in the house, so no point having to buy loads!

Would appreciate any help!

Lavenderblue2
17-Dec-09, 22:44
That is a shame you can't get your Quorn roast KCI, why don't you buy a bag of Quorn Mince or Chicken pieces and make a meatloaf, you could make it really festive with chestnuts and herbs.

Merry Christmas to you. LB2 :)

Liz
18-Dec-09, 19:44
You can get them from Goodness Direct but think they are more expensive?

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/328784_Quorn_Roast_454g.html

If you did want to order from them and need something else to bump up the price you could order Swedish Glace Neopolitan for me as something else which Tesco have stopped stocking![evil]

KCI
18-Dec-09, 21:37
Thanks for the help guys.
Liz - I usually order from Goodness Direct, but if you are ordering something frozen, you have to order at least 6 frozen items, and the delivery is £10!

BINBOB
18-Dec-09, 22:35
I hate the stuff.........yukky.Hope u enjoy it though!!!;)

KCI
18-Dec-09, 22:49
LOL @ Binbob! Don't think I'll get to enjoy it at this rate!

It's actually quite nice, but I can't get anyone else in my house to eat it - just the teenager! Even my 10 month old just spits it out now! :roll:

BINBOB
18-Dec-09, 23:14
LOL @ Binbob! Don't think I'll get to enjoy it at this rate!

It's actually quite nice, but I can't get anyone else in my house to eat it - just the teenager! Even my 10 month old just spits it out now! :roll:

I have tried the various forms of it...........but noooooooooooooooo....not for me.I used to eat veg. sausages a while back,can not remember the name,but can no longer find them.
I do still eat meat,but very little...........Have a great christmas and good new year!!!;)

evelyn
18-Dec-09, 23:15
Tesco in Inverness have been stocking them. There must be some kind soul with festive spirit who could get you one if they're down doin a bit of last minute shopping.
Hope your lucky.
If not why don't you make a nice nut roast for yourself. There are loads of really good recipes this year in all the christmas magazines. I'm trying out a really nice one from Good Housekeeping, but there have been so many other one's I'm spoilt for choice.
evelyn

KCI
18-Dec-09, 23:23
Thanks for the info Evelyn.I'd go to Inverness for it myself, but I'd have to entertain a teenager, 8 year old and 10 month old in the car, so not really worth it!!! :eek:

I might just order it online - promised myself a treat this year for Christmas lunch!

Thanks Binbob - hope you have a great Christmas as well.

evelyn
18-Dec-09, 23:37
I don't blame you for giving the car ride a miss.....specially with the forecast!
Mibbe some kind orger will see this and offer to get one for you if they're in Inverness....its amazing how powerful the org is!!!
My niece is a great fan of the Quorn roast and the nearest place my sister has been able to source it is in Tesco Inverness.
Hope your lucky
Have a lovely meat free Christmas
evelyn
PS We're the opposite in our house......only one turkey muncher....three veggies!

Liz
19-Dec-09, 20:32
Thanks for the help guys.
Liz - I usually order from Goodness Direct, but if you are ordering something frozen, you have to order at least 6 frozen items, and the delivery is £10!

If only I had known you had wanted a Quorn roast I could have added it to my November order.:confused
Canna stand the stuff masel!:mad:

We are opting for oven chips, fishless fish fingers, peas and carrots this year!:lol: