PDA

View Full Version : i love dogs however

edayhouse
17-Dec-09, 14:40
i have recently been chased by a little dog (dont want to put its breed) whilst out for a walk - the dog is on its own but does have a collar on it - i have found out who owns this dog and i wouldnt want to approach them about it.

I love dogs, my parents have a couple but i am wary of this dog cause of its breed. Do i do anything?
Thanks

Tugmistress
17-Dec-09, 14:50
worst thing you can do in any normal situation is run from a dog - it sees it as either a game or a hunt! walk with a rolled up newspaper in your hand and if the dog comes for you rattle the paper, the noise is usually enough to put them off. if it lunges then the paper across the nose usually does the trick.
i would also report to police and or dog warden, not sure on law on this.

tonkatojo
17-Dec-09, 15:23
worst thing you can do in any normal situation is run from a dog - it sees it as either a game or a hunt! walk with a rolled up newspaper in your hand and if the dog comes for you rattle the paper, the noise is usually enough to put them off. if it lunges then the paper across the nose usually does the trick.
i would also report to police and or dog warden, not sure on law on this.

It should be the same as livestock worrying !!. But probably isn't.

Liz
17-Dec-09, 19:50
Definitely report this to the Dog Warden. The dog shouldn't be out wandering unaccompanied.[evil]