PDA

View Full Version : Can i have a moan??please

edayhouse
17-Dec-09, 14:33
Just wanting to have a moan and have been holding onto it for a while now!

Highschool kids walking to school round by Ormlie Crescent - not only do most of them walk on the road but the past couple of days they have been having play fights and pushing each other off pavement onto the road! Now i am only going at 5-10mph anyway as there are lots of parked cars and children about but i still need to hit my breaks quite reguarly and with kids in the back of my car i am not a happy bunny.

Should i contact the headmaster or not?

Moan over
Thanks

shazzap
17-Dec-09, 14:47
Just wanting to have a moan and have been holding onto it for a while now!

Highschool kids walking to school round by Ormlie Crescent - not only do most of them walk on the road but the past couple of days they have been having play fights and pushing each other off pavement onto the road! Now i am only going at 5-10mph anyway as there are lots of parked cars and children about but i still need to hit my breaks quite reguarly and with kids in the back of my car i am not a happy bunny.

Should i contact the headmaster or not?

Moan over
Thanks

In a word YES.

changilass
17-Dec-09, 14:52
Go a different route.

Invisible
17-Dec-09, 14:56
if they come onto the road give them a BLAST of your horn.

BRIE
17-Dec-09, 15:01
Their the same on every road. Theyve got no road sense at all. Just drive through the town during lunch hour its a really eye opener!
Outside macdonalds bakery is the worst their that busy thinking of their lunch they walk into the road without looking.[evil]

edayhouse
17-Dec-09, 15:01
why should i go a different route? I need to collect someone on Ormlie crescent before going to school.

floyed
17-Dec-09, 15:02
Go a different route.

why should she have to go a different route?? Would you use a different route, Just because some kids think its ok to wandering on the road when they no fine well there are cars driving on it??

I think not, they are just being very ignorant!

I am sure the parents of the children, would rather someone speak up than wait till one of them has been knocked down.

cherokee
17-Dec-09, 15:17
I completely agree with your "moan" edayhouse.

I'm sick of having to be overly cautious around high school lunch time with regards to driving in the vicinity of burger places/supermarkets/take aways and other food outlets. Its a case of stop,start,stop, start just to avoid the wee darlings being hit !!![evil][evil]

Yes, I do think the headmaster, in both Wick and Thurso High, should have a stern word with them with regards to "road safety" !!

tonkatojo
17-Dec-09, 15:18
why should she have to go a different route?? Would you use a different route, Just because some kids think its ok to wandering on the road when they no fine well there are cars driving on it??

I think not, they are just being very ignorant!

I am sure the parents of the children, would rather someone speak up than wait till one of them has been knocked down.

Just goes to show the proposed new name for the new TH (Thurso) ICK (Wick) high school proposal wasn't far off the mark.;)

Mind I don't think the youth (most) of today are no different everywhere.:(

Phill
17-Dec-09, 15:22
Birch 'em!

tonkatojo
17-Dec-09, 15:27
Birch 'em!

Your right there Phill, in public in view of all there mates, problem solved after the first birching.

riggerboy
17-Dec-09, 15:31
here ye canny birch em

you must

hang em hang em hang em
hang em hang em hang em
hang em hang em hang em
hang em hang em hang em

then you may birch em once they have been hung oot to dry,

BINBOB
17-Dec-09, 15:39
here ye canny birch em

you must

hang em hang em hang em
hang em hang em hang em
hang em hang em hang em
hang em hang em hang em

then you may birch em once they have been hung oot to dry,

That is the way to do it...but tell the school what is happening..they have NO respect for anyone when on the loose from school.Disgraceful.........and yes...I was almost perfect as a school child.....and most certainly would never have even thought about behaving like that.I blame the high fat,high sugar diet they consume at lunchtime......God help them in a few years.:(

poppett
17-Dec-09, 18:00
Edayhouse I would report them to not only the school but to the police as well. Let`s face it if these kids stumble onto your car you will be held responsible no matter what they do to cause the accident. No point in talking to them yourself as they will only shout abuse and threaten to overturn your car.........Witnessed that happen to someone on Olrig Street the lunchtime the high school in Thurso broke up for the summer break.

redeyedtreefrog
17-Dec-09, 19:10
Don't stop, just keep going.

Hoida
17-Dec-09, 19:30
Definitely speak to the head at Thurso High, we always try to avoid the town when school is out for lunch and at their finishing time.It is acomplete nightmare:(

bela
17-Dec-09, 19:41
Push the more gas :D

jings00
17-Dec-09, 20:43
There is a good chance the Head will say not their problem as not on school property or in school time.

Sage
17-Dec-09, 21:33
I've complained a couple of times and the best way to do it is to complain to both the school & the police.

It won't do any good but they are more likely to get a talking to. The school cant actually do anything once the kids are off school property, but the more complaints there are the more likely that you may get a police patrol out.

Most kids are ok, but the minority make the rest look bad

upolian
18-Dec-09, 00:03
i think they are old enough to be aware being hit by a car is going to end up in a mess,if they are dumb enough to walk out infront of cars,getting a talking to by headmaster or police will they really listen?im not so sure:roll:for those who dont step out on the road etc clearly have common sense.

brandy
18-Dec-09, 00:08
my six year old knows to stay out of the road.. my 5 year old autistic child has some inkling of the danger of cars.. as the sage words of my six year old son, sure mum, yourun in the road a car will hit you and youll be dead.. sure..