PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh giant

tonkatojo
17-Dec-09, 13:04
Can any one remember or have heard of a huge massive bloke from Edinburgh that used to go on travelling fairs in the summers, he was billed as a "giant". He was at Newcastle town moor (the worlds biggest) fair in the 70s. This bloke must have been 8ft odd bearded kilted and a very gentle voice, my hands are not small but looked like a babies in his when shaking hands. I seem to remember him saying he was a street cleaner in Edinburgh in the winter months.

riggerboy
17-Dec-09, 13:44
yer on drugs, never wiz a man 8 feet an not on the telly, wiz his sweeping brush a long handled one

tonkatojo
17-Dec-09, 15:01
yer on drugs, never wiz a man 8 feet an not on the telly, wiz his sweeping brush a long handled one

Have they let ya oot o CD for Christmas RB.
I don't know about his brush I wasn't there but he was a big . LOL

riggerboy
17-Dec-09, 15:45
Have they let ya oot o CD for Christmas RB.
I don't know about his brush I wasn't there but he was a big . LOL

back in the box for xmas, and i have to behave coz xmas day withoot the org or the wife will be horrible lol,

how owld wiz ye wen ye met is beeg chiel, coz i mind a wifie wie e beard an a tall manny on stilts doon at e riverside when e shows wis up and at must be 35 year ago

buggyracer
17-Dec-09, 16:15
could it be george gracie, scotlands tallest man? it is said he toured fairs and was dubbed the gentle giant and wore a kilt?

riggerboy
17-Dec-09, 16:36
could it be george gracie, scotlands tallest man? it is said he toured fairs and was dubbed the gentle giant and wore a kilt?

well he wizna 8 feet tall he wiz only 7 feet 3 i kent that tonka wiz on drugs lol

tonkatojo
17-Dec-09, 16:39

I'm searching my grey cell and that seems to ring a bell. Did he work for Edinburgh council ??

RB the bloke had arms thicker than my legs, his legs were like the rear ones on a clydesdale, his girth was I don't think I could guess possibly twice my size now and I'm a fat now still slimming tho LOL (used to be 36" in my prime)

riggerboy
17-Dec-09, 16:43
just goggled george gracie and i must have been a right silly to think that a master mind like tonka would be on drugs it seems our old george was still touring in the early eighties,

please accept my humble apologies

buggyracer
17-Dec-09, 16:43
I'm searching my grey cell and that seems to ring a bell. Did he work for Edinburgh council ??

RB the bloke had arms thicker than my legs, his legs were like the rear ones on a clydesdale, his girth was I don't think I could guess possibly twice my size now and I'm a fat now still slimming tho LOL (used to be 36" in my prime)

im sorry im not sure?? google it and you may find out a bit more info?

tonkatojo
17-Dec-09, 16:51
just goggled george gracie and i must have been a right silly to think that a master mind like tonka would be on drugs it seems our old george was still touring in the early eighties,

please accept my humble apologies

Away wi yee ya gettin soft RB, and I don't mean in the head LOL. Well mabe a touch.;)

riggerboy
17-Dec-09, 17:04
no not soft just being nice so i dinna get suspended over the xmas peeriod, i think they are still watching me, how have you been over the last couple of weeks

tonkatojo
17-Dec-09, 17:09
no not soft just being nice so i dinna get suspended over the xmas peeriod, i think they are still watching me, how have you been over the last couple of weeks

I have been just fine RB, hope you stay in their good books I would not want to be the cause of Santa not coming to ya.