PDA

View Full Version : The best bits of Christmas!

BRIE
17-Dec-09, 11:59
To get us all in the Christmas mood yes NORTHENER that includes you!!:lol:

What everyones favourite part of Christmas?
Mine is being surrounded by all the family & seeing the kids faces light up when they open their presents! It makes all the stress of organising everything worthwhile:D

northener
17-Dec-09, 12:28
Best part of Christmas?

That's easy, Brie:

January the 3rd![lol]

BRIE
17-Dec-09, 12:33
bah Humbug!! im on my way round to sing you a few xmas carols make you feel all christmassy!! :lol: & i will be wearing my bullet proof vest!;)

tonkatojo
17-Dec-09, 13:10
The old repeated films on telly, great escape and all that.:eek: :roll: ;)

riggerboy
17-Dec-09, 14:03
boxing day and still arguing with the bairn coz he never got what he wanted lol, no honestly the best bit about christmas is watch the wife slipping """in her own words ""into something more comfortable and coming down those stairs in her brand new, never yet washed, straight of the peg, made to measure, full length see through harris tweed neglige,

BINBOB
17-Dec-09, 14:05
Normality resumed 3rd January.............:lol:;) my best bit..............:D

BINBOB
17-Dec-09, 14:06
boxing day and still arguing with the bairn coz he never got what he wanted lol, no honestly the best bit about christmas is watch the wife slipping """in her own words ""into something more comfortable and coming down those stairs in her brand new, never yet washed, straight of the peg, made to measure, full length see through harris tweed neglige,
:eek::lol::roll: love it!!!!

Mik.M.
17-Dec-09, 14:09
When it`s all over like N says Jan 3rd.

StacNKel
17-Dec-09, 14:13
Seeing the kids when they open their presents...oh and the dinner my inlaws make the best the best Christmas dinner ever!!!!!

flyfifer
17-Dec-09, 14:15
Church's candlelit Midnight Service on Christmas Eve; watching Christmas films with the kids; decorating the tree....spending quality time with family and friends.

Invisible
17-Dec-09, 14:32
When Boxing day comes munching on left-overs, oh and the drink

golach
17-Dec-09, 14:42
Got to agree with Northener and Mik, the 3rd of Jan when its all over and done with for another year. :)

changilass
17-Dec-09, 14:46
Golach stop being a miserable owld grump, everyone knows deep down you are nowt but a beeg softie.

Bobinovich
17-Dec-09, 17:09
Got to be spending time with my kids :D

joxville
17-Dec-09, 17:33
What everyones favourite part of Christmas?

Seeing how quick I can change channel when Lizzie comes on. :D

golach
17-Dec-09, 17:55
Golach stop being a miserable owld grump, everyone knows deep down you are nowt but a beeg softie.

Only with bairns, Changi, not with silly adults who believe in the commercial racket of hey its christmas, try and make me feel as I should be going around and saying Ho Ho ho!!!! Bah Humbug

northener
17-Dec-09, 18:57
Right, all you grumpy gits/ hums/ Christmas refuseniks muster round at my gaff on the 24th Dec for a few days of eating, drinking and generally celebrating the fact that we are not celebrating Chrimbo.:Razz

Cedric Farthsbottom III
17-Dec-09, 20:49
Favourite part is when for one day all ma troops put everything aside and we have a day altogether.Ma most favourite of Chrimbo is around 10.29am when me and her good self start preparing Chrimbo dinner with the pop of a cork.Braw!:lol:

golach
17-Dec-09, 22:24
Right, all you grumpy gits/ hums/ Christmas refuseniks muster round at my gaff on the 24th Dec for a few days of eating, drinking and generally celebrating the fact that we are not celebrating Chrimbo.:Razz

I am up for that Northener, lets celebrate anti Crimbo week[lol]

Dadie
17-Dec-09, 22:39
The 15mins it takes for the stockings to be trashed!

You can hear the rustling but know you have time to wake up properly before getting up and seeing the wonder on the bairns faces at what else Santa left:lol:

Tugmistress
17-Dec-09, 22:44

ok, pm me the address, i'll be there, i'll even bring a bottle :D

Whitewater
17-Dec-09, 23:03
I love Christmas, the 24th closes with the late carol service, we go home and enjoy a glass or two of port along with a good stilton, then to bed. Christmas day starts a 7am when we go around to see the grandchildren opening their presents, then we get back home about 10 am, and get ready for dinner, a long and glorious day where all the family that can manage are together, all sorts of fun and games, opening presents, and a glass or two of malt but I'm glad when it is all over and I can relax with Mrs Whitewater, enjoy a glass of what we like, muck about with the left over turkey, do our own thing and relax watching the all the old stuff on the tele

Rictina
17-Dec-09, 23:53
For me its simply a large tin of chocolates, ha ha. ;)

Twiggy
18-Dec-09, 08:18
Seeing the kids when they open their presents...oh and the dinner my inlaws make the best the best Christmas dinner ever!!!!!
You have never tasted my daughter-in-laws Xmas dinner--out of this world.[lol]

Kevin Milkins
18-Dec-09, 09:27

I'll have some of that northener, can you get a taxi from your place on Christmas eve?;)

northener
18-Dec-09, 10:32
I'll have some of that northener, can you get a taxi from your place on Christmas eve?

Aye, don't forget it'll be Tariff 3 after midnight.:Razz:Razz:Razz

Ricco
18-Dec-09, 17:04
Best part of Christmas?

That's easy, Brie:

I'll fill the missing bits for Northerner:

Getting up knowing I don't have to go to work.
Having scrambled eggs and smoked salmon on split bagels for breakfast.
Seeing the neices faces.
Roast turkey and trimmings in good company.
Being able to have drink before lunch.
Having a good board game with family.

January the 3rd![lol]

joxville
18-Dec-09, 17:12

Having scrambled eggs and smoked salmon on split bagels for breakfast.
Seeing the neices faces.
Roast turkey and trimmings in good company.
Being able to have drink before lunch.
Having a good board game with family.

Bagels??? Bloody bagels??? :eek: A true Scot doesn't eat bagels, (or shouldn't admit to it), he eats good old crusty rolls.....and they're at least 2 days old at that! :)

Ricco
18-Dec-09, 17:21
Bagels??? Bloody bagels??? :eek: A true Scot doesn't eat bagels, (or shouldn't admit to it), he eats good old crusty rolls.....and they're at least 2 days old at that! :)

Now, now Jox. Down 'ere I can't get decent crusty rolls. Just that soft gooey pap that the supermarkets sell. I like something with a bit of chew!

Maximo
18-Dec-09, 17:34
Christmas shopping
Putting the decorations up
The Christmas nights out
Christmas Dinner
Boxing Day Fun
People not calling it crimbo....

joxville
18-Dec-09, 18:37
Now, now Jox. Down 'ere I can't get decent crusty rolls. Just that soft gooey pap that the supermarkets sell. I like something with a bit of chew!

Aye, a' ken how ye feel. :(

But a' still widnae eat a bagel. [lol]

northener
18-Dec-09, 19:27

Having scrambled eggs and smoked salmon on toast for breakfast.
Seeing nobodies face all day.
Roast duck and trimmings in good company (my own).
Being able to have drink before, during and after lunch.
Sitting around all day in my underpants getting pished.

Fixed it for you.