PDA

View Full Version : To conclude

Gleber2
25-Apr-06, 14:24
Hvaing given my own situation time to cool down I feel that I must now conclude that which has been a most enjoyable Five months as a regular on this forum. Firstly I would like to thank everyone who has posted and PM'd me telling me in various ways not to take the huff and continue posting. For the few who have taken the opposite view, and there has not been many, you are entitled to your opinion although I find it hard to live with the bombast and ill-informed bluster of people like Godfather Golach and others.
The thread about Tesco which was locked started the situation. We have heard about cliques, gangs and bunches in connection with elephants. In fact, of the 22 posters who contributed to that thread, half of them caught on to the elephant thing and joined in, some of them mentioning elephants for the first time. This was not a clique but a spontaneous happening which was not started by me. In fact, I suggested in my own post on that thread that perhaps it was getting out of hand.
Do the people exist for the admin, or the org exist for the people or perhaps does the admin exist to wield Godlike powers over us all. If Niall had posted something along the lines of "Don't you think this elephant thing has gone too far. Please return to the thread topic", I am sure that everyone would have laughed and stopped the joke. Yes,admin is doing a good job and most of the time I have no problem with their methods but nobody is perfect and nobody is above criticism. In a community website such as CCWS, do we have no right to comment on the forum, openly and above board, when the situation calls for it? I have seen many threads go off topic without being closed down and found myself wondering why such a high handed attitude was being applied here.
Nobody is perfect, Mr. Fernie, but if every dissenting voice is told, in no uncertain way, to sling their hook if they don't like the way you do your job then your attitude smacks of despotism, megalomania and lack of thought.
This, as you have pointed out, is a community website but if staightforward statements are construed as sly digs and your PM becomes the norm then this can no longer be called a community site but something else entirely.
I have not broken any of the rules and have not done anything that would give just cause to be removed or banned. I will not ask, as others have done, to be removed from the membership list but I will not be contributing anything else to the Board. I will no doubt lurk now and again unless, of course, this post pushes our thin-skinned Administrator over the edge and I am left with no choice in the matter.
I have made no bones about who I am or where I can be found and, if anyone, particularly Star Glazer, would like to come from behind their nom-de-plume and face me in the flesh then I would be more than happy to meet them.

Goodbye good people. Sayonara.

JAWS
25-Apr-06, 15:30
Sorry to see you go Gleber 2. I'll do my best to try and prod you into some sort of response.
You're posting methods may not have been to everybody's taste but you were always straightforward and spoke your mind. (And that is not a dig at anyone else's posting methods. We all use a method which we find suitable to us)
May your fingers twitch everytime you think about the Org and may your ears burn until you return.
I hate losing people I can pick on! ;)

Saveman
25-Apr-06, 15:57
"....and one by one they started to drift away. The air held heavy in the fading light as the space between the entities increased....."

Whatever happened to the good ole days?

star glazer
25-Apr-06, 16:04
[quote=Gleber2] Star Glazer, would like to come from behind their nom-de-plume and face me in the flesh then I would be more than happy to meet them.

What a lot of people who use forums like this one do not seem to realise is that they are conversing with a large group of people that they would probably not have in their company in real life. Fact..

What on earth makes you think that we would be happy meeting you.Thats one arrogant assumption too far. Never the less we leave you along with your elephant worshiper, to impose yourself on others elsewhere. Farewell.lol:lol:

fred
25-Apr-06, 18:27
What a lot of people who use forums like this one do not seem to realise is that they are conversing with a large group of people that they would probably not have in their company in real life. Fact..

What on earth makes you think that we would be happy meeting you.Thats one arrogant assumption too far. Never the less we leave you along with your elephant worshiper, to impose yourself on others elsewhere. Farewell.lol:lol:

I've met him a few times, he's OK in small doses :-)

elaine
25-Apr-06, 18:28
geezo - much ado about nothing!

ta-ra G2 - but I think you need to grow a thicker skin - just like an eleph....(maybe I shouldn't go there)

Chobbersjnr
25-Apr-06, 20:23

conversing with a large number of people...........it's a forum man with lots of members, OBVIOUSLY you're not going to get on well with everyone, would converse with people you wouldn't normally have in your company & we know it's a fact, we're not all as stoopid as you

"& what makes you think we would be happy meeting you", correction you wouldn't be happy meeting the man. You're not qualified to speak for us all Star Glazer that in itself reeks of arrogance that you would assume the voice of the collective orger. Anyway it was not your happiness he was concerned about in meeting you but the entire opposite. Lets have your spouting face to face

Stay behind your ID Mr. Glazer

I'm off to worship my eleph................

golach
25-Apr-06, 20:37
conversing with a large number of people...........it's a forum man with lots of members, OBVIOUSLY you're not going to get on well with everyone, would converse with people you wouldn't normally have in your company & we know it's a fact, we're not all as stoopid as you

"& what makes you think we would be happy meeting you", correction you wouldn't be happy meeting the man. You're not qualified to speak for us all Star Glazer that in itself reeks of arrogance that you would assume the voice of the collective orger. Anyway it was not your happiness he was concerned about in meeting you but the entire opposite. Lets have your spouting face to face

Stay behind your ID Mr. Glazer

I'm off to worship my eleph................
tut tut Gleber2 ...come in as yersel, dinna hide behind your laddies handle

star glazer
26-Apr-06, 10:40
[quote=Chobbersjnr]

It was the now deceased gleber2 who made the invitation " I speak for an accumulation of people, rather than all orgers as you arrogantly suggested". And I am more than qualified to speak for them, as we all feel similar about such outspokenness against in most cases everyone and anyone.
Gleeber might want to make his own threats, " the man " as you described him. How pathetic, he really fancies himself does he not, and has a very slack tongue.
You never know I might meet "the man" one day face to face, and just hope his breath doesn't smell like other things about him.
The forum surely is no place for people hell bent on provoking others for their own personal amusement.

star glazer
26-Apr-06, 10:42
Exactly, couldn't agree with you more.Well said.

2little2late
26-Apr-06, 12:28
It doesn't bother me that gleber2 has decided to quit. His quitting won't make any difference to the message board at all. After all there are new people joining every day. This is a very big kitchen, so if you can't stand the heat.

Gleber2
26-Apr-06, 14:04

You may be a dishonest little man Godfather Golach, but I am not. In a situation like this I would NEVER hide behind anyone. I have no need to masquerade behind anybody elses name and my son is quite capable of speaking for himself as he has done. He doesn't like snivelling little cowards like MR or Mrs Starglazer any more than I do. This my final word on this subject but you are small-minded enough to have the last word. Feel free.

changilass
26-Apr-06, 14:33
You may be a dishonest little man Godfather Golach, but I am not. In a situation like this I would NEVER hide behind anyone. I have no need to masquerade behind anybody elses name and my son is quite capable of speaking for himself as he has done. He doesn't like snivelling little cowards like MR or Mrs Starglazer any more than I do. This my final word on this subject but you are small-minded enough to have the last word. Feel free.

Golach may be opinionated, that is his choice, but accusations of dishonesty are uncalled for by anyone towards anyone

ice box
26-Apr-06, 14:43
Hvaing given my own situation time to cool down I feel that I must now conclude that which has been a most enjoyable Five months as a regular on this forum. Firstly I would like to thank everyone who has posted and PM'd me telling me in various ways not to take the huff and continue posting. For the few who have taken the opposite view, and there has not been many, you are entitled to your opinion although I find it hard to live with the bombast and ill-informed bluster of people like Godfather Golach and others.
The thread about Tesco which was locked started the situation. We have heard about cliques, gangs and bunches in connection with elephants. In fact, of the 22 posters who contributed to that thread, half of them caught on to the elephant thing and joined in, some of them mentioning elephants for the first time. This was not a clique but a spontaneous happening which was not started by me. In fact, I suggested in my own post on that thread that perhaps it was getting out of hand.
Do the people exist for the admin, or the org exist for the people or perhaps does the admin exist to wield Godlike powers over us all. If Niall had posted something along the lines of "Don't you think this elephant thing has gone too far. Please return to the thread topic", I am sure that everyone would have laughed and stopped the joke. Yes,admin is doing a good job and most of the time I have no problem with their methods but nobody is perfect and nobody is above criticism. In a community website such as CCWS, do we have no right to comment on the forum, openly and above board, when the situation calls for it? I have seen many threads go off topic without being closed down and found myself wondering why such a high handed attitude was being applied here.
Nobody is perfect, Mr. Fernie, but if every dissenting voice is told, in no uncertain way, to sling their hook if they don't like the way you do your job then your attitude smacks of despotism, megalomania and lack of thought.
This, as you have pointed out, is a community website but if staightforward statements are construed as sly digs and your PM becomes the norm then this can no longer be called a community site but something else entirely.
I have not broken any of the rules and have not done anything that would give just cause to be removed or banned. I will not ask, as others have done, to be removed from the membership list but I will not be contributing anything else to the Board. I will no doubt lurk now and again unless, of course, this post pushes our thin-skinned Administrator over the edge and I am left with no choice in the matter.
I have made no bones about who I am or where I can be found and, if anyone, particularly Star Glazer, would like to come from behind their nom-de-plume and face me in the flesh then I would be more than happy to meet them.

Goodbye good people. Sayonara.
Are you coming or are you going ?

Chobbersjnr
26-Apr-06, 14:59

get your facts straight grumpy owld man, with my physical size the only person I am hiding is myself!!!

any handle mix up in the past has been accidental as we both use the same computer, & there is no way that G2 would deliberately use my handle (because it's mine) & I know what I've posted

Star Gazer, lets have your "accumulative group's" posts then???? oh yeah & Gleeber is a completely different dude to Gleber2

By the time you have this amount of nastiness for G2 Star Glazer I would reckon you've met him already & are attacking because you know who he is. His outspokennes is a fact of life. If you can't take the heat of the debate it creates......to bad. It's a free forum with lots & lots of members & you are just one of them.

Coming or going.................Ice Box that to is a fact of life for G2

Cjnr.....................not Gleber2

The Pepsi Challenge
26-Apr-06, 15:11
To settle this infernal row, I suggest a race around the world, where the Queen herself shall draw the chequered flag in Trafalgar Square. No? OK, then, muskets at dawn in front of Harald's Tower. It won't be the battle of the two Haralds, rather the two Gleebers.

Chobbersjnr
26-Apr-06, 17:16
To settle this infernal row, I suggest a race around the world, where the Queen herself shall draw the chequered flag in Trafalgar Square. No? OK, then, muskets at dawn in front of Harald's Tower. It won't be the battle of the two Haralds, rather the two Gleebers.

smile & the whole world smiles with you........................except on Kait Ness dot Horg

Oddquine
26-Apr-06, 17:53
Golach may be opinionated, that is his choice, but accusations of dishonesty are uncalled for by anyone towards anyone

While I hesitate to say it in the current atmosphere on this thread..........Golach started the accusations of dishonesty! :confused:

Who's going to say...........Oh no he didn't? :confused

star glazer
26-Apr-06, 18:06
smile & the whole world smiles with you........................except on Kait Ness dot Horg

Sorry chobbers I have to disagree there, this forum has never been more interesting and brings a smile to many faces I'm sure. Keep up the good work..:grin:

changilass
26-Apr-06, 18:24
While I hesitate to say it in the current atmosphere on this thread..........Golach started the accusations of dishonesty! :confused:

I did say by anyone towards anyone, and whilst Golach may have started it he did so by inference rather than outright, which is why my post followed that of Gleber2 rather than Golach.

golach
26-Apr-06, 19:27
Oddquine, it was a badly worded and badly timed joke on my part, never an accusation of dishonesty nor was it ever meant to be, Gleber2 and me are really just a pair o grumpy owld men. End of story so pull in your horns

scrapydoo
26-Apr-06, 19:56
I think this is just a cry for attention gleber2!
It's seems to me that you just want everyone to beg you in to staying on the org. Who cares ?

lasher
26-Apr-06, 19:58
It's seems to me that you just want everyone to beg you in to staying on the org. Who cares ?

My thoughts exactly! [lol]

connieb19
26-Apr-06, 19:59
It's seems to me that you just want everyone to beg you in to staying on the org. Who cares ?I'll beg him to stay on. I enjoy Gleber2's posts and wil be sad if he goes.:(

Oddquine
26-Apr-06, 20:31
I did say by anyone towards anyone, and whilst Golach may have started it he did so by inference rather than outright, which is why my post followed that of Gleber2 rather than Golach.

If that was the case, why not just make a general comment rather than quote just the one post?

It wasn't exactly an inference............................ what other interpretation could anyone have put on it?

Gleber2
26-Apr-06, 20:57
Golach and I have made the peace and it would be nice if this subject could be considered closed. I have no need to utter cries for help and although I did get many posters asking me to stay, that was not my reason for posting as I have done. Get on with life as if Gleber2 never existed. He no longer does.
If the ever attentive Admin see this post would they be so kind as to close and lock this thread and let peace and harmony once more reign in the Org.

JAWS
27-Apr-06, 00:52
:( Gleber2, I think you can lock a thread yourself if you are the originator.:(

Rheghead
27-Apr-06, 01:08
We are all the the stuff of ephemerality, but some are more ephemeral than others at the behest of who maintain this forum. That said, I think it should be a rule of the forum to never question the judgement of the moderators on the open board. If we've got a gripe then we should pm those involved in maintaining the org.

Slagging off the admin only serves to fuel the motives of the type of poster that I personally do not want to read about.

Kenn
27-Apr-06, 01:42
Gleber2 I had credited you with sterner stuff!Wheest If I as a Kernewomse can hold me own on Kaitness why are ye throwing in the towel?

canuck
27-Apr-06, 05:41
Sorry I was somewhat distracted today and couldn't be here to moderate. But I shall be practising for the debate at the big Orgfest which Cedric is organizing.
Glad to see things appear to have been resolved.

Whitewater
27-Apr-06, 09:54
Seems to me that a lot of egos are being bruised here, what is all the fuss about??? If you don't like the post, don't read it, if you do not like the person making the post or the subject of the thread, don't read, don't contribute.

There is no need for anybody to get personal on the org, we are all from varied backgrounds, have different life experiences and expentancies, religions, or perhaps we are nonbelievers. Does it matter what we think, where we are from, what we do, or what our occupation in life is.

That is the great thing about the org. We encounter many variations of thought on the same theme, opinions different from our own, which we may, or may not agree with. We can all learn from each other, but when we close our minds to the opinions and thoughts of others, we become like dictators, banishing all thoughts and themes which do not agree with our own little perception of life.

I think we should all learn to be more tolerant with each other, no matter whether the thread seems trivial to us, or is about cats or elephants. Does it matter? What may seem trivial to you or I could be of great importance to somebody else.

The moderators have a difficult job, they do the best they can, I tend to agree with Rhegers, we should not slag them on open forum, but pm them. I have always found them very helpful when I have made some silly mistakes through my own stupidity.