PDA

View Full Version : Oil prices

pat
16-Dec-09, 20:06
Now that Scottish Fuels have taken over Brogans Fuels will the prices rise in the Highlands and Islands again?

Here in Lewis when Brogans started coming onto the island, Scottish Fuels cut their prices immediately by 4p a litre for domestic heating oil. Now Scottish Fuels have the monopoly will the prices rise by the same amount again or will it rise further due to lack of competition on the islands?

In Caithness and Sutherland you have the ability to shop around for fuel supplies.

cuddlepop
17-Dec-09, 10:56
Now that Scottish Fuels have taken over Brogans Fuels will the prices rise in the Highlands and Islands again?

Here in Lewis when Brogans started coming onto the island, Scottish Fuels cut their prices immediately by 4p a litre for domestic heating oil. Now Scottish Fuels have the monopoly will the prices rise by the same amount again or will it rise further due to lack of competition on the islands?

In Caithness and Sutherland you have the ability to shop around for fuel supplies.

Saw that in the news lastnight Pat,its so unfair any sign of competition and the big boys muscle in.

In remote areas you have very little chance of public transport getting you from A to B especially at short notice that the car is a nessacity not a luxury.:(

riggerboy
17-Dec-09, 12:08
were are paying as of today 43.53p per ltr how much are the rest of you paying ????

BINBOB
17-Dec-09, 14:03
were are paying as of today 43.53p per ltr how much are the rest of you paying ????

I paid 42.29 2 weeks ago...........;)

captain chaos
17-Dec-09, 21:44
40.88ppl last week for 1900 litres

Whitewater
17-Dec-09, 23:16
Just filled up about 3weeks ago, can't remember the price but I always use Simpsons, I have found them to be the best deal in Caithness. and prompt service, even within hrs if required.

BINBOB
18-Dec-09, 11:17
Just filled up about 3weeks ago, can't remember the price but I always use Simpsons, I have found them to be the best deal in Caithness. and prompt service, even within hrs if required.

My last fill 2 weeks ago ....I called and 40 mins. later they were here.I think they were in the village anyway,but super service.;)

pat
18-Dec-09, 13:02
Finally found my receipt for last fill up on 30 November for 1200 litres - price I eventually paid as I pay for fuel as received was down to 44p per litre - down from the usual 47 pence.

Have phoned up both offices today and price is 0.9p cheaper at Brogans - long may it continue, but still over 45p a litre! Still more expensive than Mainland prices even though the same boat delivers to Inverness, Scrabster and here.

Leanne
18-Dec-09, 13:19
We paid £207 for 500 litres with Simpsons - 41.4ppl

We phoned late on in the day and they were there for 9am the next morning. Always good service so far :)

Edited as the vol was wrong...