PDA

View Full Version : what do you cook for christmas ?

roadbowler
15-Dec-09, 19:53
be interested to hear what others cook at christmas time as it might spark a few more ideas for me. First time i've been in charge of all the christmas cooking and i'm vegetarian and everybody else mostly meat eaters. I have nae qualms about cooking meat so am actually going to do a turkey along with wee sausages and gravy plus roast tatties and parsnips. Big pan of other roast veg, onion, garlic, mushroom, tomato, courgette and aubergine. Proper stuffing. Cranberry sauce. Small leafy, herby salad. Plus christmas pud, brandy cream and cheese and biscuits. What am i missing lol. Definately doing caramel pecan rolls for an indulgent brekkie wi coffee christmas morning. Any ideas for hors d'oeurves christmas eve? Planning to do soup and mebbe chicken wings and spinach,feta,filo pies but, looking for a few more ideas. Surely margaritas for xmas eve too!:D

Fstevens
16-Dec-09, 12:22
Hi,
One of my family favs is...... Grated Parsnips, with finely chpped onion, mix togehter :Razz:Razzwith a beaten egg, form rounds and roast, lovely.

roadbowler
16-Dec-09, 12:51
that sounds lovely!

Thumper
17-Dec-09, 18:33
I need some ideas for starters please-nobody likes fish/prawns,one doesnt like cheese,the other no mayonaise so its becoming a bit of a nightmare-dont really want to do soup as it is so filling so any ideas would be great thanks!x

changilass
17-Dec-09, 18:39
Pate or melon in port are both nice.

Rictina
17-Dec-09, 22:20
Hi,
One of my family favs is...... Grated Parsnips, with finely chpped onion, mix togehter :Razz:Razzwith a beaten egg, form rounds and roast, lovely.

Oooo that sounds lush, Mmmmmmm.

Thumper
17-Dec-09, 22:32
Pate or melon in port are both nice.

Thanks Changi but yet again one doesnt like melon and one doesnt like pate..........argh!!!!!!!!!I think I am going to have to do mulitple starters at this rate! x

alanatkie
17-Dec-09, 23:27
Thumper - What about vol-au-vents or stuffed/garlic mushrooms?

We have 2 starters to chose from to please all this year it will be pate & oatcakes or prawn cocktail.
Main course is a mixture of meats to - Venison, Turkey & Gammon.

Pudding is whatever shop bought one the kids fancy.

I won't be cooking any of it tho that's my lovely hubby's job :D

changilass
18-Dec-09, 01:50
What about dippy things and sauces.

That way you can do a few different ones of each and let folks help themselves rather than having to plate up a number of different starters.