PDA

View Full Version : Gadget show - gadget of the decade

retrodj
15-Dec-09, 12:21
What are everyones thoughts on this? should the I-phone have won it?

i'm not so sure. It came out after blackberry and the like.

Fluff
15-Dec-09, 13:40
What did win? The Iphone?

buggyracer
15-Dec-09, 14:19
What are everyones thoughts on this? should the I-phone have won it?

i'm not so sure. It came out after blackberry and the like.

iphone is 10 times better than any other phone on the market right now, imo a worthy winner. ;)

redeyedtreefrog
15-Dec-09, 17:23
iphone is 10 times better than any other phone on the market right now, imo a worthy winner. ;)

i don't like the iPhone's closed platform, I'd prefer something with Android on it. One phone that can definitely beat the iPhone is the HTC Hero (Also called the G2). I love it, i really want one, but its a bit out of my budget :(

George Brims
15-Dec-09, 19:48
The iPhone truly qualifies for the term "gadget". If I have to sit through another coffee break hearing people discuss whatever pointless "app" for their iPhone they just wasted their money on, I will scream. My phone (a) makes phone calls (b) remembers numbers so what's left of my brain doesn't have to and (c) takes pretty decent pictures the odd time I need it to because I don't have my real camera handy. I really truly don't need it to do anything else. And I especially don't need to hear it say "droid" over and over either (there's been an outbreak of those "gadgets" here lately too).

EDDIE
15-Dec-09, 20:02
The iphone won gadget of the decade i have the phone and i love it but i would have said mobile phone in general is gadget of the decade but having said that portable music has came along way compared to back in the eightys when it was portable tape player that needed 4 batteries for about 2 hours of music providing the tape hasnt knotted up before that and now u can get an ipod thats got about 30 hours play and store hundereds of albums.
One of the worst things with an iphone is has very poor battery so if anyone is thinking of buying one make sure you buy a power lead so u can charge the phone from your cigar lighter because once you start playing with your apps the battrery goes flat quite quickly

Scorpio12thNov
15-Dec-09, 21:55
I've seen yon iPhones on eh tele man & they're are SO freaky!!!:eek: To hev all 'at options, all 'at potential in eh palm o yer hand is jus mind boggling!!!

I feel that technology wants us til sit on wur erse's, eh less we do, eh happier eh Government & all eh manufacturers are as we're spendin all wur money on new products while sittin locked up in wur houses. Therefore, they get wur money, while keepin tabs on us[evil]

But as a "gadget" it's probably leefal, although I personally would've voted for eh Guitar Tuner...

joxville
15-Dec-09, 22:10
All those people that go on and on about their iphones and nano pods bloody annoy me. It's not as if they invented the darn things. :roll:

ShelleyCowie
15-Dec-09, 22:29
I've seen yon iPhones on eh tele man & they're are SO freaky!!!:eek: To hev all 'at options, all 'at potential in eh palm o yer hand is jus mind boggling!!!

I feel that technology wants us til sit on wur erse's, eh less we do, eh happier eh Government & all eh manufacturers are as we're spendin all wur money on new products while sittin locked up in wur houses. Therefore, they get wur money, while keepin tabs on us[evil]

But as a "gadget" it's probably leefal, although I personally would've voted for eh Guitar Tuner...

And what kinda brilliant technology was the guitar tuner? Somethin special i hope! lol.

I dont like Iphones. Cant not stand finger prints all over a screen like that. Too much til do with it. My phone is used for photos and ats pretty much it! :confused

EDDIE
15-Dec-09, 22:41
What i like about the iphone is the layout of the email and i can reply to an email instantly and i love the way the text format is so easy to keep track of what u say and the replys
59 pence for a game or util u cant complain with that the touch screen is spot on and i think its going to be hard for anyone to make another phone better than that.

Scorpio12thNov
15-Dec-09, 22:49
And what kinda brilliant technology was the guitar tuner? Somethin special i hope! lol.

I never needed a guitar tuner, ever, as my ears never took punishment...but every man will eventually need one...at least every married man;)

joxville
15-Dec-09, 22:54
I never needed a guitar tuner, ever, as my ears never took punishment...but every man will eventually need one...at least every married man;)
No, what he'll need is ear-plugs....or an escape plan. ;)

Angel
15-Dec-09, 23:09
Scorpio12thNov is absolutly right saying this = I feel that technology wants us til sit on wur erse's, eh less we do, eh happier eh Government & all eh manufacturers are as we're spendin all wur money on new products while sittin locked up in wur houses. Therefore, they get wur money, while keepin tabs on us[evil]

Because it seems so harmless now we just buy into it, not knowing what is going on behind the scenes...

Have simple mobile, unregisted, tell no-one nothing...

Angel...

ShelleyCowie
15-Dec-09, 23:15

lol show off! thats simple....never get married...to all men! My appologies to the already married men! [lol]

Scorpio12thNov
15-Dec-09, 23:31
No, what he'll need is ear-plugs....or an escape plan.

An escape plan! Boo Yah! Yon Sat Nav thingy ma bobbers will come in handy now!!!;)I now take back whit I said aboot gadgets!:lol:

Because it seems so harmless now we just buy into it, not knowing what is going on behind the scenes...

Have simple mobile, unregisted, tell no-one nothing...

Angel...

It is about power & control Angel. By keepin us entertained & amused with the upmost immature nonsense. Each month a new product is on eh market, whether it's a phone, a tele, a laptop, a car, they are all sayin eh same thing..."new & improved model"...what a load of crap! look at the american company that were producing babies prams, there was a flaw in eh design that broke babies wrists & sliced off their fingertips!!!!!!:eek:because eh company had changed eh design so that it would be "lighter" as mothers didna want til be pushin heavy prams...the company didnt have mother or child as their #1 priority, its all about profits!!!

I mind, my Granny, had an iron that lasted her just short of 30yrs! As in those days things were built til last. We cane say eh same now...& yon iPhone will cock up soon too!!! Watch iss space bae!!! lol

Metalattakk
16-Dec-09, 02:56
All those people that go on and on about their iphones and nano pods bloody annoy me. It's not as if they invented the darn things. :roll:

The wife calls these people 'iBores'. :lol:

joxville
16-Dec-09, 04:48
The wife calls these people 'iBores'. :lol:

A rare occassion that a woman is right. :D

loganbiffy
16-Dec-09, 18:22
The iPhone is OK. I had one and it's not bad. As for Gadget of the decade I ain't so sure.
Someone also mentioned the HTD Hero beating the iPhone, I also had one of those and it's not terrific either.

Smartphones are in the early stages and next year should provide more accomplished handsets.

Not sure what gadget of the decade should be though....