PDA

View Full Version : Sticky-thread overload???

jjc
09-Feb-04, 19:49
Wow... what an annoying collection of sticky-threads :eek:

Perhaps a new board would be more suitable (to replace Hogmany messages maybe)???

MadPict
09-Feb-04, 20:02
Agree - A single locked sticky thread with the 8 areas included within the thread as individual posts would be a more sensible way to present the info with the links to the broadband sites either at the head or foot of the posts. Are that many folk living in these places actually interested in getting broadband with its increased costs and will they even get near the trigger points??
Are you not giving folk false hope that one day they'll be surfing at speeds faster than the Alexander Graham Bell rates they currently have to put up with?

But then what do I care - I have broadband....

jjc
09-Feb-04, 21:09
But then what do I care - I have broadband....

He! he! he!

Yeah, me too :evil

jjc
09-Feb-04, 21:10
...oh, and thanks Niall. It looks much better now :D

MadPict
10-Feb-04, 00:27
...or replace the Hogmanay messages board with a Broadband one :lol:

Much better. :D

jjc
10-Feb-04, 00:39
Oops... just noticed my spelling of Hogmanay is a little off. Sorry. [smirk]

embow
10-Feb-04, 08:53
Hogmanay? The dyslexic answer to a lump of hard wood?
http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb070.gif

(Apologies to all who have difficulty with words and letters)

Anonymous
10-Feb-04, 09:58
Sorry folks, I was simply try to ram the fact that some of the smaller exchanges in the county still need registrations down everyone's throat. As Wick and Thurso were so well supported when they were given a little push, I'd hoped that the remaining exchanges being on the front page of the site every day until they got enough registrations would be the final push they needed to get them finished off. I would have removed the sticky status as I did with Wick when they reached their target. As I dont have time to do anything else to do this job, I'd hoped it would be an effective way of continually pushing the need for broadband in Caithness.

So, moving to another forum kills that idea. You can all thank Colin for responding to your complaints and sorting out the forum for ya.

jjc
10-Feb-04, 22:01
You can all thank Colin for responding to your complaints and sorting out the forum for ya.

Thanks Colin :D