PDA

View Full Version : Will it be a white Christmas?

Venture
15-Dec-09, 01:22
For once I'm hoping the weather forecast posted on metcheck for the week beginning 21st December is correct. It's showing snow. Well Tugs can we believe it?

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/14days.asp?zipcode=wick

lister
15-Dec-09, 03:20
I hope so Venture,it'll make a nice change from rain and would be good for the kids to see and remember cos we haven't had many in the last decade or so and it just makes it feel more Christmassy.

I heard on the news that the bookies have slashed the odds so they must think so!

Tugmistress
15-Dec-09, 10:44
For once I'm hoping the weather forecast posted on metcheck for the week beginning 21st December is correct. It's showing snow. Well Tugs can we believe it?

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/14days.asp?zipcode=wick

wayyyyyyyyyy to early for me to be sure, but i am intrigued as metcheck are one of the worst sites i know of in my opinion.
i'll have a look this afternoon at the charts i like to use, they start coming out about 4pm so will report back my thoughts - btw it would be nice!
i been here since october 2002 and can remember one christmas day waking up to snow on the ground but it had gone by tea time, maybe 2005?

Invisible
15-Dec-09, 11:59
I do hope it's a White Christmas, I heard Carol from BBC Breakfast say that Siberian weather is making its way west towards us.

supernova
15-Dec-09, 13:22
I'd love a white Christmas but my husband is working nights in Inverness on 23rd and 24th and driving back Christmas morning. It would be a nightmare if he got stuck down there! :confused

sharona
15-Dec-09, 13:23
yes it will be a white christmas if you have got bad dandruff lol

embow
15-Dec-09, 15:20
Meteogroup which the PA(Press Association) use are predicting wind and quite heavy rain by the looks of things. Strongish westerly winds for most of the country.

dafi
15-Dec-09, 16:42
Im going to cross my fingers anyway!!

Tugmistress
15-Dec-09, 18:53
ok, just had a look and as i said, it's wayyyy to early to be sure, 5 days previous is as accurate as i can be.
at the moment the charts for christmas day up here are just showing a south east breeze with rain and temps of around 5c - in other words YUK

if you want i'll do a christmas forecast next monday evening?

Vistravi
15-Dec-09, 19:03
I'd love a white Christmas but my husband is working nights in Inverness on 23rd and 24th and driving back Christmas morning. It would be a nightmare if he got stuck down there! :confused

Know how you feel. My partner and myself are going up north to spent christmas with family and due to us both having to work xmas eve til 6 (time off not possible) we won't be leaving til about 8.

Sorry everyone but i really don't want a white christmas. Not being able to spent christmas with my family would make it a awful christmas!

supernova
15-Dec-09, 19:22
ok, just had a look and as i said, it's wayyyy to early to be sure, 5 days previous is as accurate as i can be.
at the moment the charts for christmas day up here are just showing a south east breeze with rain and temps of around 5c - in other words YUK

That would be great Tugmistress I trust your forecasts more than the metoffice and if there is any chance of snow I'd like to be forewarned :D

Venture
15-Dec-09, 19:39

I've had a look again and its changed to only having snow on Christmas Day. They must have gotten "wind" of your more accurate forecast Tugs. Ah well we can live in hope.[lol]

Dadie
15-Dec-09, 23:04
I can remember getting snowed out in Thurso on christmas eve ....unable to get home to mum and dads one year:(
I had to stay at Grannys and Christmas was just not "right" somehow...

Would be about 10 years ago???