PDA

View Full Version : Did your pet choose you?

Vistravi
14-Dec-09, 17:56
Did your pet choose you?

I firmly believe that my cat choose me as we are both well matched in personailty. My partner though she will go to him for cuddles and attention is in no way mistaken as to who Caramel thinks is her owner! Out of myself and my partner its me who she trusts fully and i'm the one who has to take her to the vets as she freaks out if he takes her. When i take her or we both do she is calm and sits well for the vet while cuddling into me. Since i've been pregnant she is much more for me. I'm hopeful that she will be fine with the new baby but will hate not being able to come in to our room at night while baby is in our room with us.

Aaldtimer
14-Dec-09, 17:59
Cats don't have owners...they have STAFF! LOL.:lol:

Vistravi
14-Dec-09, 18:40

True sometimes in my cat but other times i'm the boss. My partner is never the boss he is someone to annoy to Caramel at times :lol:

I very often get a look from her that says "I'm wasting away here, Feed me now!" She cracks me up sometimes. [lol]

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
14-Dec-09, 18:43
Dead right - I went to see Scappas sister to buy her (black and tan JRT bitch) and Scappa her Tri Colour Brother came and sat on my lap with his puppy eyes as she was bouncing round the walls... the rest they say is history - although I did buy them both!!!

froal
14-Dec-09, 19:03
I agree with this as well so true......:D
We have certain dogs that perfer me to my partner and my old Lurcher who's 13 next year has gone POTTY won't entertain my partner at all won't go out for the Loo won't even get off sofa the rest no problems but her no way..! :confused so i do it all if it wasn't for me she would poo either funny that eh..... !!!!
I think it's down to she knows she's getting on a bit now just sucks on to me like glue as a saftey thing i think !

porshiepoo
15-Dec-09, 13:19
Yep, my current Great Dane definitely chose me.
Long story but basically after the death of my last Dane I was never getting one again. Depression set in and after our holiday last year hubby saw the ad for Dane pups at Huntly.
We went down on a whim (the day after our holiday) and I said all the way down that I wanted a girl. A boy Dane would just be too painful and I'd feel like i was trying to replace Bailey.
Anyways once we got there and saw all 11 pups one pup in particular just sat by my side and stayed with me the whole time. (unusual for 12 weeks of age). All the other pups were running around playing but this one just stayed put with me.
Obviously I had to have it and then the owner told me that it was the only boy in the litter :eek:.

I know this pup isn't Bailey but his characteristics which are so distinct and unusual are exactly the same as Baileys. :lol:
I'm not suggesting that Huntly is Bailey reincarnated but I do think I was supposed to have him and the minute I got him in the car with me my depression started to lift and I had a smile plastered on my face for ages.
Hubby says it was the best money ever spent. Bless!

Birdie Wife
15-Dec-09, 14:38
My cocker pup chose me - when I went to view the litter at two weeks old, she was the one that crawled straight towards me and made a thorough job of licking my hand all over :D

Jeid
15-Dec-09, 15:04
Mesa chose me for sure. Went out to Balmore and there were 6 pups running around going crazy. Mesa came over and wanted up right away. She cuddled in and licked my chin while looking at me. I knew she was the one. Plus, when she was lying on the ground getting her tummy rubbed, she fell asleep... how could I resist that.

She's a bit crazy, likes people and likes cuddles. Bit like me.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb223/jeid2000/mesa.jpg

BigKev
15-Dec-09, 18:07
I totally agree!! Moby certainly chose me, i remember walking into the pet shop and having a
good look around the place, past the cats, rabbits and hamsters, but this one caught
my eye from accross the room. So i went over to say hello, and well, he wouldnt leave me alone!
he kept waving at me even as i went round the rest of the shop. Thats when i knew that it was fate i took
him home that day bringing years of love and companionship to our home and family. We truley miss him and im quite sure ill never find a firend like him again. R.I.P Moby the Goldfish

Leanne
15-Dec-09, 19:42
Boyd was one of a litter of 14 accidents that was going to be drowned. Me and my friend rehomed all the others but he was left over so I had to have him... Then when he'd calmed down (at 3 years!!!!) we got him a friend - Boyd picked Freddie as they were the two that got on the best out of all the rescues we saw! Freddie had had 7 home trials before us and was too much for anyone to deal with. He's actually quiet compared to my other dog so fitted in quite nicely ;)

StacNKel
16-Dec-09, 14:36
When we got our Holly she was the last one left and i fell in love with her straight away. My OH paid for her but as soon as we got her home it became apparent she decided i was to be her "best friend". She wont let him him walk her on his own will only go if i am going too and when i go to work she looks all sad and stays in the hall upstairs looking at the front door waiting for me! When we all come in, she ignores everyone else to greet me! My OH used to be jealous but now he doesnt mind too much as it means i have to everything for her coz she wont take anything from him!! Not even food or chews LOL

Julie Wilson
07-Jan-10, 12:39
I have one of the other 6 pups that was in Balmore the same time as Mesa. Maxx is a lovable, happy dog. When we got him from Balmore he was the only one out of the six with the brown shepherd markings and he had a slighty fluffy coat. Since he has grown his coat has gone quite curly. he is a very loving dog and is friends with everyone he meets, although he does get up to lots of mischief.