PDA

View Full Version : Scrap cars near Wick

Doleve
24-Apr-06, 20:44
I was at Newton near Wick for the first time in daylight today in a long time. All those scrap cars and mess at the side of the road and half way down the hill is expanding, not getting smaller.It has spread all the way round the 3 sides that the road is not on of a little cottage. It looks terrible to say the least.It must put tourists coming from the south right off the place.
Can the council do nothing about this?

misty woman
24-Apr-06, 21:20
Compleatly Agree With This,it Is A Compleat And Utter Disgrace.they Should Be Made To Tidy The Land Up.i Feel Sorry For Their Neighbours.

misty woman
24-Apr-06, 21:41
They have been cleaning up their land they have got rid of alot of the scrap it used to be alot worse.THEY SHOLD BE MADE TO CLEAR IT ALL UP.NOT JUST SOME OF IT.

connieb19
24-Apr-06, 21:48
I've seen far worst than that .Where? :confused

misty woman
24-Apr-06, 21:52
I've seen far worst than that .WHERE EXACTLY HAVE YOU SEEN WORSE?I THINK YOU WILL BE HARD PUSHED TO FIND SOMEWHERE WORSE!

Alice in Blunderland
24-Apr-06, 21:59
WHERE EXACTLY HAVE YOU SEEN WORSE?I THINK YOU WILL BE HARD PUSHED TO FIND SOMEWHERE WORSE!
I dont know if you realise that your capitals mean you are shouting frowned apon by the powers that be you'll end up in org jail for a wee while.No one likes being in org jail as you can look but you have to hold your tongue:confused

connieb19
24-Apr-06, 22:08
For a start i did'nt say i'd seen worse up here but down the road i've seen some place they try and call a farm more like a health hazard .For a start, you didn't say, down the road. Thats why i asked you where you had seen worse.:confused

ice box
24-Apr-06, 22:11
For a start, you didn't say, down the road. Thats why i asked you where you had seen worse.:confused
Yes but i didn't say it was hear neither

Doleve
24-Apr-06, 22:11
I thought i read something in the Groat years ago, but it appears to be worse especially round the little white cottage on newton and the scrap is in a lot more fields than it used to be.It also seems to be used by a messy contractors.It really seems worse from Newton than it used to maybe from the main A99 road it looks like its improving but along Newton there is more "newer" old cars appearing.I also thought i say rats near one f the buildings when i walked past.

Doleve
24-Apr-06, 22:13
When passing Reiss ive noticed that the place at the juction has improved but not so at newton.

lasher
24-Apr-06, 22:15
Surely the land owner can do what they want with the land.

Doleve
24-Apr-06, 22:22
Is that the front door of the house or the barn.Ithink at either place you would be hard pushed to tell the difference between the barn or the house.
Lasher, You need planning permission to start a scrap yard.Would you like to live near either of those places? What about the family in the little white cottage at newton that is surrounded by the junk and rubble of his neighbour?

2little2late
24-Apr-06, 22:25
I drove past that scrap heap a couple of weeks ago and it is an utter disgrace. If I lived at Newton Hill I would be complaining to the council immediately. It's enough to put people off wanting to buy a house in the area.

ice box
24-Apr-06, 22:28
Is that the front door of the house or the barn.Ithink at either place you would be hard pushed to tell the difference between the barn or the house.
Lasher, You need planning permission to start a scrap yard.Would you like to live near either of those places? What about the family in the little white cottage at newton that is surrounded by the junk and rubble of his neighbour?
Doleve that is someone lively hood that your on about as far as I'm aware that is the persons work place. How would you like it if someone came on here and started slagging our place off i know i wouldn't be very happy .

lasher
24-Apr-06, 22:35
I don't stay there so can't comment.

AR
24-Apr-06, 22:38
I have friends who live at newton hill.That place is discusting.Most likely unhygenic(?) too. They have lived there for years and told me there have been complaints to the council, people look at it, 2 or 3 cars are removed and 4 or 5 return soon afterwords. It is definatly expanding all around the Mathesons house, if that was mine I would be seeking legal advice on the mess round it, as the mess was not in that area a few years ago.
If I ran a business out of that I would be very embarassed. Running a couple of minibuses does not require an eyesore does it?

misty woman
24-Apr-06, 22:40
I have friends who live at newton hill.That place is discusting.Most likely unhygenic(?) too. They have lived there for years and told me there have been complaints to the council, people look at it, 2 or 3 cars are removed and 4 or 5 return soon afterwords. It is definatly expanding all around the Mathesons house, if that was mine I would be seeking legal advice on the mess round it, as the mess was not in that area a few years ago.
If I ran a business out of that I would be very embarassed. Running a couple of minibuses does not require an eyesore does it?well said!

ice box
24-Apr-06, 22:44
There is not just a mini bus running from there there is a contractor that is there to and the rumble that you all see is the contractors. If you look you will see that most of they stuff at the road side is working machinery .

ice box
24-Apr-06, 22:51
Well another way that i see it as if you don't live there it shouldn't bother you let the people that live in the are deal with it because it's been like that for the last 25 year and it cant bother them that much or something serious would have been done by now . A there is also two other business up there and there just as but if not worse when you try to get past there is tractors and lorry blocking the roads .

AR
24-Apr-06, 22:53
Is that what its called????working machinery?? It looks nothing like callum millers!haha.
It looks like rusting rubbish. Oh yeah the 19 oatcakes fordson major moves once in a while! As someone else said isnt planning permission required for that sort of change of use from croft to scrap yard( most of the mess) / contractors(laughing) yard.On that subject if its a croft would the crofters commision be interested in the 'decrofted' parts?
Would you have them work on your place if they live and work like that?Bet they do nothing for their neighbours!
Its still a very off putting mess at very least.Im defo. going a walk or cycle round there tomorrow to be appauled by it now.

AR
24-Apr-06, 22:56
Ive seen it get worse and moving in my lifetime which is more than 20 years that i came remember seeing it. It has stopped houses from being bought.

2little2late
24-Apr-06, 22:57
Well another way that i see it as if you don't live there it shouldn't bother you let the people that live in the are deal with it because it's been like that for the last 25 year and it cant bother them that much or something serious would have been done by now . A there is also two other business up there and there just as but if not worse when you try to get past there is tractors and lorry blocking the roads .

I think the biggest complaint is the amount of scrap cars which create an eyesore. Nothing wrong with the contractors machinery. The contractors will have permission as they will have applied to run a business from the premises, but whoever the scrap cars belong to, do they have permission to keep them there? I doubt it very much, as there is no recognised scrap yard in Wick. I remember a couple of years ago did the Highland council not have an amnesty on scrap cars in the county that they would be taken away for free and crushed?

Surely the amount of scrap on Newton Hill isn't allowed. It is even noticeable from the A99.

ice box
24-Apr-06, 22:58
Some people are never happy

I'm not saying that is a picture perfect place but and yes a clean up would do it no harm but its still someones lively hood and like i said it the neigbhour problem not our .

susan.leith
24-Apr-06, 22:59
As a visitor to Caithness, I have to say I was very much aware of the number of scrap vehicles lying around. I don't know how easy or difficult it is to dispose of scrap vehicles, so can't comment on that, but it was an eyesore : (

ice box
24-Apr-06, 23:01
I think the biggest complaint is the amount of scrap cars which create an eyesore. Nothing wrong with the contractors machinery. The contractors will have permission as they will have applied to run a business from the premises, but whoever the scrap cars belong to, do they have permission to keep them there? I doubt it very much, as there is no recognised scrap yard in Wick. I remember a couple of years ago did the Highland council not have an amnesty on scrap cars in the county that they would be taken away for free and crushed?

Surely the amount of scrap on Newton Hill isn't allowed. It is even noticeable from the A99.
i did hear that there was a free uplift for cars and i also heard them at newton were putting cars off for scrap .

angela5
24-Apr-06, 23:02
It is even noticeable from the A99.

A complete eyesore.

Icebox, if that junk yard was on your door step would you defend it then?

AR
24-Apr-06, 23:02
Its very noticeable,from all angles.By the way those premises and people work i doubt they would have the correct permissions. A working farm or garage is fine but that it neither of those.Alan Ross's and Nicolson stuff is always changing as it is all things that are being used, but that is rusting cars etc.Still nothing wrong with old battries, oil and antifreeze as well as petrol and diesel poisioning the ground.Surely SEPA could do something about that.

AR
24-Apr-06, 23:03
i did hear that there was a free uplift for cars and i also heard them at newton were putting cars off for scrap .
1 lorry load off and then more returns bit by bit..............

2little2late
24-Apr-06, 23:03
Some people are never happy

I'm not saying that is a picture perfect place but and yes a clean up would do it no harm but its still someones lively hood and like i said it the neigbhour problem not our .

In what way are all the scrap cars someones livelyhood. If they are running it as a going concern and have planning permission then fair enough, but I doubt very much they will have. This is the reason we need a scrap yard in Wick. All it takes is for one vehicle that no one else wants and gives it to someone with all intentions of doing it up to sell but never get around to it. Then it leads to two cars, then three cars and so on........

ice box
24-Apr-06, 23:05
A complete eyesore.

Icebox, if that junk yard was on your door step would you defend it then?
no i would'nt but its not on my door step and iam not the one complain .

Venture
24-Apr-06, 23:08
I think Im right in saying that the contractors business which has machinery where all the scrap cars are is not registered as being at that address. Its the home of his parents.

connieb19
24-Apr-06, 23:08
icebox, if its none of our business and you are so concerned about peoples livelyhood, then why did you mention the place at Reiss. Why is that your business? And why is it ok to slag them off? I'm not picking but you've been a right grump these last few days.:roll:

AR
24-Apr-06, 23:09
Apparantly they are very difficult to buy parts from! It is illegal to accept cars for scrap without dispossing of them legally( not the case here). It is the land owners (i)responibillity.
Why would anyone defend that mess. Its a croft.Farm junk on a small scale is normal but that!!!!

angela5
24-Apr-06, 23:10
no i would'nt but its not on my door step and iam not the one complain .

But it is in our town.

AR
24-Apr-06, 23:11
I think Im right in saying that the contractors business which has machinery where all the scrap cars are is not registered as being at that address. Its the home of his parents.
When you say that im fairly sure your right.It should be moved to Milton

connieb19
24-Apr-06, 23:16
It's time of the month you know lolI thought so..lol:p

AR
If the cars were about the town in this day and age the last recorded keeper would be charged with there uplift and disposal. Anything would be better than that. It has stopped me buying a house at Newton as well as putting me offthe whole Hempriggs area.According to the people in the solicotors im not the only one.

2little2late
Well if they didnt take the rusty old cars that are lying about in the town then you lot wuold complain about that so you cant win it's better up there out of the road than lying around the street and bairns in about it .

But, it's not better off up there at all. It is a complete eyesore. So, you don't care about the people of Newton Hill then? Surely your not saying that when we all have to get rid of our own cars dump them at Newton Hill? Come on please icebox, let's not make a bad discussion of this. Whether we live up there or not we all need to stand together and not let things like this ruin our beautiful countryside.

AR
24-Apr-06, 23:18
But, it's not better off up there at all. It is a complete eyesore. So, you don't care about the people of Newton Hill then? Surely your not saying that when we all have to get rid of our own cars dump them at Newton Hill? Come on please icebox, let's not make a bad discussion of this. Whether we live up there or not we all need to stand together and not let things like this ruin our beautiful countryside.
heer heer!!

krieve
24-Apr-06, 23:18
The scrap should not be moved to milton its not his scrap so you should get your facts right his business is a contractor.

Venture
24-Apr-06, 23:19
I dont think they are running it as a working scrap yard more a case of the majority of the cars did belong to them at some time. When they become unroadworthy they just lie there and rot rather than being sold on.

AR
24-Apr-06, 23:22
The scrap should not be moved to milton its not his scrap so you should get your facts right his business is a contractor.
I meant that tounge in cheek as thats where part of the mess maker(as in 1 member of the family) lived or maybe still does.

connieb19
24-Apr-06, 23:22
Is this the same farm that had all the dead sheep lying about?:cry:

Venture
24-Apr-06, 23:25
Spot on connie19

slinky
24-Apr-06, 23:42
im new to this forum and all i can see is total rubbish being spoken by the same old lot over and over again ,no wonder over past few months has their been so many long term members left ,and yes before u say it i was watching over yous long before i registered,dont no why all i hear is the same old dribble out off the wannabe users who want to be as famous as so and so lol instead of posting so much rubbish why dont you all take a look at wot uve posted over past few months maybe years and wonder why just ask urself why ur opinion is so needed and maybe ul think twice about it ,especially when it dosent concern you or anything u like or even you want to like or hate for that fact,by any means take some time read your last 3 month posts and wonder why, where as if i didnt post wot would be said even then wot should be said, or your correct, is ur posts right if not why bother ,rember caithness.org is mainley for visitors or people trying to get information about our homeplace not be put off by forum users arguing or trying to outwit each other the whole time stand back think, and read ur last dozen posts .:confused

AR
24-Apr-06, 23:42
Good point kreive, certanly needs cleaned up but thats fly tipping. Not me allowing myself and others to dump sometimes dangerous and toxic rubbish on my land with my permission and not cleaning up the hazards which wind up seaping into the ground as well as into the ditches as well as going into the burn at the bottom of newton and running into the Wick River

AR
24-Apr-06, 23:46
im new to this forum and all i can see is total rubbish being spoken by the same old lot over and over again ,no wonder over past few months has their been so many long term members left ,and yes before u say it i was watching over yous long before i registered,dont no why all i hear is the same old dribble out off the wannabe users who want to be as famous as so and so lol instead of posting so much rubbish why dont you all take a look at wot uve posted over past few months maybe years and wonder why just ask urself why ur opinion is so needed and maybe ul think twice about it ,especially when it dosent concern you or anything u like or even you want to like or hate for that fact,by any means take some time read your last 3 month posts and wonder why, where as if i didnt post wot would be said even then wot should be said, or your correct, is ur posts right if not why bother ,rember caithness.org is mainley for visitors or people trying to get information about our homeplace not be put off by forum users arguing or trying to outwit each other the whole time stand back think, and read ur last dozen posts .:confused
What you have said here could be very valid especially where Tesco is concerned or petrol prices etc but I dont know what your point is on this thread?

eastend
24-Apr-06, 23:52

well said slinky

Venture
24-Apr-06, 23:53
slinky - that must be the longest sentence Ive ever read on this forum which, can I remind you is a public forum. This is somewhere to be used to discuss the public's opinion on whatever subject they choose to reply to.......just as you did.

ice box
24-Apr-06, 23:54
Well if dont like it you didnt have to register this is only people opinoins and thats why it a message board .

slinky
25-Apr-06, 00:00
What you have said here could be very valid especially where Tesco is concerned or petrol prices etc but I dont know what your point is on this thread?the point is every thread not just this one this is the new one thats getting used for putting our county down :confused:

slinky
25-Apr-06, 00:04
Well if dont like it you didnt have to register this is only people opinoins and thats why it a message board .well said its wot im saying you understand its a message board not debating board or wannabee councilor or mp board just a usefull message board or i think it should be more off a news board or worthley imformation board cause after all read back if u were a visitor planning to come would u read on about the bad parts i certainley wouldnt

AR
25-Apr-06, 00:06
What have sims got to do with this?!!!? I for 1 like something positive to come from this, like that scrap to go from newton as well as reiss and the trikie area. Reiss and newton are peoples land so should be able to get some form of court order to get those cleaned up. And as for the trinkie some form of major deterant, as well as the fact there is recycling centers taking away fridges and the like to be disposed of properly.

slinky
25-Apr-06, 00:07
do you seriously think you going to sell free sim cards what a cheekyes my mate does sell a lot actually why not it saves us all the time it takes to get them after all you go to inverness youll pay 15 pound min for one as i said ur an example ice boy about butting in on threads dont u think wot has it to do with you are u a bobbie or sim card dealer well i say no so wots ur point

slinky
25-Apr-06, 00:09
What have sims got to do with this?!!!? I for 1 like something positive to come from this, like that scrap to go from newton as well as reiss and the trikie area. Reiss and newton are peoples land so should be able to get some form of court order to get those cleaned up. And as for the trinkie some form of major deterant, as well as the fact there is recycling centers taking away fridges and the like to be disposed of properly.well said i aint posting no more back as id being doing same as wot im on about but i will answer any thoughts through pv message if ur not happy :roll: or dont see wots happening

slinky
25-Apr-06, 00:11
i certainley wouldnt come too if there charging for free sim cards .oh well we cant be all as cool as you i guess

slinky
25-Apr-06, 00:14
my point is that ur trying to rip some poor sod off .th edeal only comes out 1 a month and i know if i was wanting a card id pay the buttons for one off him like i have done ,wonder why the shops still sell them at that price then have u got the link for these free sims mister cool can i have it pls :D

ice box
25-Apr-06, 00:14
What have sims got to do with this?!!!? I for 1 like something positive to come from this, like that scrap to go from newton as well as reiss and the trikie area. Reiss and newton are peoples land so should be able to get some form of court order to get those cleaned up. And as for the trinkie some form of major deterant, as well as the fact there is recycling centers taking away fridges and the like to be disposed of properly.
Yes i would like to see it cleaned up to but there is no sense in shaming people about there proparty it been like that for year and there is alot more scrap place round the country than there .

angela5
25-Apr-06, 00:15

I'm shocked to see the photo krieve put on about the trinkie, if someone has gone to the bother of taking it out there to dump, why not go over to the airport there is plenty recycling there. The council up-lifts bulky items, there is no need for this.
Volunteers go and clean up the trinkie for the summer, i just did'nt realize the work they had in front of them. Pretty sad really.

ice box
25-Apr-06, 00:21
th edeal only comes out 1 a month and i know if i was wanting a card id pay the buttons for one off him like i have done ,wonder why the shops still sell them at that price then have u got the link for these free sims mister cool can i have it pls :D
yes the offer my be done but the still getting them for free and the offer come and goes ever month

And less of the mister thank

AR
25-Apr-06, 00:22
The rubbish at the trinkie looks alot worse than i thought but maybe its been there for ages before all the new services arrived?Or have i got rose tinted specs?
Slinky, maybe shaming will work!!!

angela5
25-Apr-06, 00:28
The rubbish at the trinkie looks alot worse than i thought but maybe its been there for ages before all the new services arrived?Or have i got rose tinted specs?
Slinky, maybe shaming will work!!!

They've been cleaning the trinkie up now for a few years. I think they possibly face this problem each time.

krieve
25-Apr-06, 00:28
shaming who ???????

AR
25-Apr-06, 00:29
The owners of the land concerned at Newton or Reiss as well

slinky
25-Apr-06, 00:34
Slinky, maybe shaming will work!!!dont know who thinks ie all the surfers idea off sending all the rubbish back will work etc cant see how in long run will it work either as its the general public who are to blame fair enough big companies are to blame for making the products and selling them after all wot do we want them to stop making them if it dosent improve or wot can they do to improve it after all if every bit off rubbish we found different products etc i think wed starve or go thirsty its the public who should be more aware and tougher laws for littering etc i think

krieve
25-Apr-06, 00:40
The owners of the land concerned at Newton or Reiss as well
no i don't think you should be naming anyone when the are not here to defend themselfs.

Bingobabe
25-Apr-06, 00:41
dont know who thinks ie all the surfers idea off sending all the rubbish back will work etc cant see how in long run will it work either as its the general public who are to blame fair enough big companies are to blame for making the products and selling them after all wot do we want them to stop making them if it dosent improve or wot can they do to improve it after all if every bit off rubbish we found different products etc i think wed starve or go thirsty its the public who should be more aware and tougher laws for littering etc i thinkBlah blah blah blah youre getting a bit like a duracell battery you just keep going on and on and on.lol

ice box
25-Apr-06, 00:44
Blah blah blah blah youre getting a bit like a duracell battery you just keep going on and on and on.lol
Isnt this what its all about we just keep on running lol

AR
25-Apr-06, 00:46
no i don't think you should be naming anyone when the are not here to defend themselfs.
Thats why its stayed a bit vague.Like they did with the sheep.

krieve
25-Apr-06, 00:46
bingobabe Blah blah blah blah youre getting a bit like a duracell battery you just keep going on and on and on.lol

lol i am sure slinky will run out before to long even duracell don't last that long :evil

krieve
25-Apr-06, 00:50
Thats why its stayed a bit vague.Like they did with the sheep.
what has it got to do with you or anyone else?

slinky
25-Apr-06, 01:04
Blah blah blah blah youre getting a bit like a duracell battery you just keep going on and on and on.lolyou have to when people dont listen go ply bingo or something useful if ur bored

Bingobabe
25-Apr-06, 01:30
you have to when people dont listen go ply bingo or something useful if ur boredNo not bored i quite enjoy the org it just gets tedious when people like you come on and slate people for having a difference in opion.

AR
25-Apr-06, 13:39
Kreive one member of that family has been found to neglect their sheep reacently in court.I have been seeing what doesnt go on there for years, as in not caring for the animals.I have never done anything about it but someone must have reported them for neglect.Its everyones business if animals are being harmed etc.There has been anorxic sheep and cattle there for as long as i can remember.
As for the eyesore its anyone who passes the places problem as well as the suffering neighbours.

ice box
25-Apr-06, 13:48
Kreive one member of that family has been found to neglect their sheep reacently in court.I have been seeing what doesnt go on there for years, as in not caring for the animals.I have never done anything about it but someone must have reported them for neglect.Its everyones business if animals are being harmed etc.There has been anorxic sheep and cattle there for as long as i can remember.
As for the eyesore its anyone who passes the places problem as well as the suffering neighbours.
i don't think that this is the place to discus that recent court case on here as i think it's still in action. You could be done with slander and the person ain't here to defend them selfs.

JAWS
25-Apr-06, 14:11
Perhaps somebody should report them to the SSPSC. [lol]

AR
25-Apr-06, 14:13
As i have said before i havenot mentioned names, how can things be slander when they have been found guilty?Im not speculating with names and going on about the animals from a 3rd party just my own eyes and what the Groat has reported.

misty woman
25-Apr-06, 15:16
When you say that im fairly sure your right.It should be moved to MiltonI dont think some how!

angela5
25-Apr-06, 15:21
hmmm! some thoughtless person thought it was okay to dump their 2 seater sofa on the roadside just before haster, i just don't understand some people. There was no need for that.[mad]

AR
26-Apr-06, 13:43
I dont think some how!
How do you mean dont think so? The one of them that attempts to be a contractor lives at milton so possibly the stones and building rubble etc should be moved there so they see the eyesore that they are causing from their own windows.

krieve
26-Apr-06, 13:48
How do you mean dont think so? The one of them that attempts to be a contractor lives at milton so possibly the stones and building rubble etc should be moved there so they see the eyesore that they are causing from their own windows.
lmao next you will be complaining about the way he dresses . Have you never had foundations dug or building work done?

AR
26-Apr-06, 13:53
I have had work done but on those occasions I dont recall David miller dumping the rubble at his house or at his fathers.I was told it went to seater(a licenced dump).That was once it was removed from the building site.

ice box
26-Apr-06, 14:12
How do you mean dont think so? The one of them that attempts to be a contractor lives at milton so possibly the stones and building rubble etc should be moved there so they see the eyesore that they are causing from their own windows.Sounds to me that you have something against this person did he do a a ruff job for you .:cry:

AR
26-Apr-06, 14:17
I dont think that would get anywhere near my house to put it very mildly.

I have heard that reputation (and word of mouth)is very important in the building industry.Im not going to take that statement any further as it maybe considered liablus(?spelling!).

ice box
26-Apr-06, 14:32
just to let you know that the rubble that you see is for a hard standing for parking machines on and i dout he would do work for you AR .

Geo
26-Apr-06, 14:38
On a slight tangent, why do some farmers put cars in the middle of their fields?

Is it so they don't have to pay to dump them or is meant as a modern day scarecrow?

ice box
26-Apr-06, 14:41
On a slight tangent, why do some farmers put cars in the middle of their fields?

Is it so they don't have to pay to dump them or is meant as a modern day scarecrow?
It's to scare the fox away from the lambs

Geo
26-Apr-06, 14:47
Does it work? Foxes seem happy enough to walk around cars in urban areas.

ice box
26-Apr-06, 14:52
Does it work? Foxes seem happy enough to walk around cars in urban areas.
Seems to its just some strange thing they have done for year .

Doleve
26-Apr-06, 18:54
What have I started here?lol. I just thought the powers that be could arrange to have this EYESORE on such a pretty place tidied up. What got me thinking was that I was speaking to another person going round newton a walk at the same time as me saying that was the only bad point to an otherwise fine view. Surely the owners know what a mess they have and that they could make a proper effort to tidy it up.

Foxy
26-Apr-06, 19:22
The cars that farmers put in fields are for keeping the geese off there grass.

misty woman
27-Apr-06, 10:32
I dont think that would get anywhere near my house to put it very mildly.

I have heard that reputation (and word of mouth)is very important in the building industry.Im not going to take that statement any further as it maybe considered liablus(?spelling!).well said!i certainly would never let him near my house to do any of work.i have seen one job he did.compleat mess.

Venture
27-Apr-06, 19:34
Ice Box -- the explanation of the cars warding of foxes from lambs cant apply to this farm anymore as they have been banned from keeping sheep by the courts. The suggestion to bring the contractor sons equipment and rubble to Milton where he stays would literally go down like a ton of bricks and certainly wouldnt be tolerated by the good residents of the village.

AR
27-Apr-06, 22:49
I meant puting the mess to milton it was a bit of a joke.sori.
so why should people at newton have to put up with it?

Venture
28-Apr-06, 08:44
Maybe its because they are doing nothing about it. Lets face it this eyesore has grown gradually over the years. If they are getting off with it they will keep doing it. Rest assured if you or I did the same in our garden the Council would be down on us fast. I hope Bill is noting the public's discontent at the situation and will hopefully get soething done.

mysophales
28-Apr-06, 10:37
you have to when people dont listen go ply bingo or something useful if ur bored

Have you ever thought to type your message into Microsoft word, spell check it, then cut and paste it into .org
It could even help some of your comments make some sense.

crofter
29-Apr-06, 01:02
Well there is also the place at the junction at reiss Charlie Harold's. I wouldn't call that a palace and the tourist pass there to get to groat that doesn't seem to put them off. So what newton got thats different from there at least we newton it's off the main road and no were near a tourist attraction.
I am new to Caithness.org but what I have read so far I don't see what enjoyment you get from naming someone and slagging them off especially when you're hiding behind a false name. I suppose you think you live in a palace yourself! What's this guy ever done on you? From reading the English in your criticism I bet he's better educated than you.

crofter
29-Apr-06, 01:08
error new to

scrapydoo
29-Apr-06, 01:18
I am new to Caithness.org but what I have read so far I can't see what enjoyment you get from hiding behind a false name, naming someone and slagging them off. What has this guy done on you? I suppose you think you live in a palace yourself! From reading the english in your criticism I bet he is better educated than you.
Crofter you are also hiding behind a false name we all are. As for Icebox slagging of that person all he said was it's not a palace!

QUOTE Crofter I suppose you think you live in a palace yourself! From reading the english in your criticism I bet he is better educated than you.

Are you not slagging icebox off ?

Is it ok for everone else to pass judgement on the place at Newton? half of the posts on this thread are slagging of the owners for ever little thing they seem to do.

slinky
29-Apr-06, 01:21
Have you ever thought to type your message into Microsoft word, spell check it, then cut and paste it into .org
It could even help some of your comments make some sense.who asked you [para]

scrapydoo
29-Apr-06, 01:24
It's a public forum!

crofter
29-Apr-06, 01:26
Crofter you are also hiding behind a false name we all are. As for Icebox slagging of that person all he said was it's not a palace!

QUOTE Crofter I suppose you think you live in a palace yourself! From reading the english in your criticism I bet he is better educated than you.

Are you not slagging icebox off ?

Is it ok for everone else to pass judgement on the place at Newton? half of the posts on this thread are slagging of the owners for ever little thing they seem to do.
You are missing the point I said I don't see what enjoyment people get from naming someone and slagging them off and yes I agree I am pointing out to Icebox that unless you are perfect yourself you should leave others alone. Also when everyone is hiding behind false names why should someone actually be named and slagged off?

scrapydoo
29-Apr-06, 01:33
You are missing the point I said I don't see what enjoyment people get from naming someone and slagging them off and yes I agree I am pointing out to Icebox that unless you are perfect yourself you should leave others alone. Also when everyone is hiding behind false names why should someone actually be named and slagged off?
No i am not missing the point! ok his name should have not been mentioned but then you are slagging Icebox off about his english so you are just as bad.

scrapydoo
29-Apr-06, 01:40
is this post not slagging the owners of newton of

quote AR

connieb19
29-Apr-06, 01:41
What a carry on!!!!!

crofter
29-Apr-06, 01:42
I totally agree no one should be named and slagged off. Everyone on here is hiding behind false names so why should we be allowed to name anybody and give address too?

ice box
29-Apr-06, 01:45
Well for a start crofter i am not slagging anyone off here all i did was name one person to state what place i was on about. If you would take the time to read the thread you would notice that I'm not slagging off the other person neither. Iam just stating facts and i ain't getting into an argument other this .Its just petty narrow minded people that cause problem for others

ice box
29-Apr-06, 01:47
I totally agree no one should be named and slagged off. Everyone on here is hiding behind false names so why should we be allowed to name anybody and give address too?I will learn from my mistakes .

crofter
29-Apr-06, 01:49
No i am not missing the point! ok his name should have not been mentioned but then you are slagging Icebox off about his english so you are just as bad.
Yes when we can all hide behind false names but I don't agree with naming anybody and slagging them off. I have not named Icebox!! The guy who was named was slagged off with name and address given

scrapydoo
29-Apr-06, 01:52
i agree what a bunch of moaning
Moaning bananas!

crofter
29-Apr-06, 01:58
Yes but at newton you dont see the brie running out the of the barn at his front door not like reiss .
Cattle don't have toilet pans so I'm afraid that happens.

ice box
29-Apr-06, 02:01
What a carry on!!!!!Not as much of a carry on as i seen in shore lane a wee while ago this drunk lassie struggling up the hill :lol:

connieb19
29-Apr-06, 02:03
Not as much of a carry on as i seen in shore lane a wee while ago this drunk lassie struggling up the hill :lol:Was that me ice box?

ice box
29-Apr-06, 02:09
Was that me ice box?I wasnt implying it was you ...why you assume that were you that lassie :lol:

crofter
29-Apr-06, 02:10
I pass the Reiss site everyday and the house is the part with the new roof, new windows, newly pointed walls and the white door with letterbox. The byre is actually joined on but it has 3 wooden doors.I don't believe it was the person living there who built it all in one but if that doesn't bother him I don't see why it should bother any of us! Not everyone is fortunate enough to be born into wealth and able to afford to build new houses.

ice box
29-Apr-06, 02:12
Cattle don't have toilet pans so I'm afraid that happens.Like i say you learn from you mistakes .

scrapydoo
29-Apr-06, 02:12
Yes when we can all hide behind false names but I don't agree with naming anybody and slagging them off. I have not named Icebox!! The guy who was named was slagged off with name and address given
He was not slagged off and his exact address was not given.

ice box
29-Apr-06, 02:21
I am new to Caithness.org but what I have read so far I don't see what enjoyment you get from naming someone and slagging them off especially when you're hiding behind a false name. I suppose you think you live in a palace yourself! What's this guy ever done on you? From reading the English in your criticism I bet he's better educated than you.I cant be bothered with with people that want to just nip pick on little spelling mistakes.

ice box
29-Apr-06, 02:27
Ok if i have offended anyone on here i do apologize this thread has been taken to far .

Chillie
29-Apr-06, 03:25
Ok if i have offended anyone on here i do apologize this thread has been taken to far .

Why apologize? if someone does not want to see other people's lively-hood then don't walk/drive near it:mad:

Venture
29-Apr-06, 09:31
What is the point in having this forum on here if people cant voice their opinions or give genuine information on a subject. Fair enough sometimes people are named and shamed and we do all hide behind our "names", but dont forget the forum is monitored by Admin and anything untoward or slanderous would be dealt with immediately. We might not know who the poster is but Im sure that the Moderator does and could take the matter further if need be in a dodgy situation.

Peoples opinions are important and sometimes the truth hurts but I dont think posters in general should be criticised just for posting something thats staring us all in the face. Ive seen articles in the local paper which show reference to peoples opinions on a subject ON THIS FORUM. So all you "too scared to post people who choose to criticise others" dont worry Big Brother or Big Mod is watching over us.

jambo
29-Apr-06, 09:48
i have been reading this posts and as far as i can see icebox was out of order by naming the owner at reiss and i hope he does learn from his mistake and not name names.

2little2late
29-Apr-06, 14:17
Can we keep to the subject of this thread please?