PDA

View Full Version : super markets price war

tonkatojo
12-Dec-09, 20:33
the national news has reported a petrol forecourt price war, ASDA says all of the 179 nation wide forecourts will charge £1.039 for petrol and £1.059 for diesel , this is maximum,Tesco has announced it will follow suit (notice follow never leading). I wonder if us up here will get the full benefit, pigs might fly. It will be a merry rip of from tesco yet again.:(

Kevin Milkins
12-Dec-09, 22:22
the national news has reported a petrol forecourt price war, ASDA says all of the 179 nation wide forecourts will charge £1.039 for petrol and £1.059 for diesel , this is maximum,Tesco has announced it will follow suit (notice follow never leading). I wonder if us up here will get the full benefit, pigs might fly. It will be a merry rip of from tesco yet again.:(

Dam,,,,,,,,,and I put £20-00 worth in today.:~(

tonkatojo
12-Dec-09, 22:26
Dam,,,,,,,,,and I put £20-00 worth in today.:~(

I know how your feeling Kevin I put £37.98 yesterday and am not chuffed but having said that I think we will have only lost 1pence per litre from the Wick Scrooges. :(

Stack Rock
12-Dec-09, 23:30
Drove past Tesco's Wick tonight - according to the roadside price display they have dropped their fuel prices by 2p a litre

tonkatojo
13-Dec-09, 11:01
Drove past Tesco's Wick tonight - according to the roadside price display they have dropped their fuel prices by 2p a litre

Well thats 2/3 of the price quoted on telly, but that's par for the course with Wick tesco, we never get the full benifit or cut that else where does. That's why we need an ASDA store, a store that treats all the stores the same with a one price policy, not the tesco system of screw as much as possible out of them, even dunnets were on par with them for the past week.
It was reported by the AA that oil prices have been falling for the past 6-8 weeks, ask yourselves why tesco has been increasing fuel prices in the last 6-8 weeks. What I can't believe is some people genuinely don't want an ASDA.:(