PDA

View Full Version : Kids Disco last night in Skinandis

topotheuk
12-Dec-09, 14:53
Hi, a big thank you to all the kids who came along to Skinandis last night.

Someone left a purse behind. If it was your child, please get in touch so we can arrange to have it returned.

:)

*Martin*
12-Dec-09, 14:58
Out of curiosity, what time did the later disco finish at?

kc
12-Dec-09, 18:14
I got there just on half nine to pick mine up and kids were being told that was it finished. I'm glad I went early as the note said 9.45.

daz
12-Dec-09, 18:40
same here,i went at half nine glad i went when i did,disco was finished and all the kids were standing outside freezing,but yeh the note said 9.45 finish ??????
I got there just on half nine to pick mine up and kids were being told that was it finished. I'm glad I went early as the note said 9.45.

*Martin*
12-Dec-09, 21:21
I picked up my daughter at 9.45 and she was frozen. There was still quite a few kids waiting about then. My nephew got picked up at 9.30 and they say they'd been waiting 10mins by then.

I take what they say with a pinch of salt since they're only 9.

Just curious as to what happened.

Kathy@watten
12-Dec-09, 22:10
There was a little confusion as to what time disco was finished but all kids were kept in till their lifts arrived which was being checked by adults, some wished to watch for their lifts outside and were supervised again by adults. Think the notes from school said differently to the org times...never mind all kids safely seen to their lifts and good time had by all, thanks for coming!

topotheuk
14-Dec-09, 14:04
Yes, some of the little darlings downright refused to stay inside in the warmth. We tried to keep all children inside in the warmth - believe it or not we didn't really want to be standing outside in the freezing cold either, but what do you do when a bunch of confident children refuse to do as told and ignore all you say? As Kath said, we all made sure children were safe, if not warm!
For the children who said the disco finished 10 minutes before 9.30 - yes there were some children who stood in the front hall as they didn't want to be there. There were some children who had been asking if they could go outside to the chipper and go a walk up the street. Obviously we did our best to keep them all in the building, and managed to do so without too much effort, but if the children didn't want to be there in the first place, what can we do? The DJ did not play the last song until 9.30pm.

I will add, though that the last child did not leave until just after 10pm. There were plenty of parents who did not pick up their children until well after 9.45pm. So even if the disco did finish as you thought at 9.45, why were parents still so late?

Anyway, can we get back to the original theme of this thread and find the girl who lost her purse????? If you think it belongs to your child, please pm me. Thanx