PDA

View Full Version : Santa's Grotto Thurso

Thurso Town Improvements
12-Dec-09, 11:04
Santa's Grotto is open in Caithness Horizons today 10:30-12:30 and 2pm-4pm.

balto
14-Dec-09, 00:18
is that santa finishisd in the town hall for this year, missed it yesterday.

igglepiggle
14-Dec-09, 11:10
Big thumbs up to the santa this year, looked quite real!! (i hope i havent burst anyones bubble) he really spent the effort with the kids asking them questions, kids loved it... maybe that is because they got 2 sweets !!! Well done Town Improvements, better locations this year also!

Ash
14-Dec-09, 12:09
took my daughter on saturday and she loved it, but I was hoping for the one from last year, i was convinced he was santa :D

Thurso Town Improvements
14-Dec-09, 20:13
I am Sorry you missed the Grotto it is now finished. We only do two Saturdays so we do not clash with the Round table who does a fantastic sleigh, they will be starting soon.

It is amazing how many people of all ages went to the Grotto including big family groups; it was really nice to see.

The first Saturday was mental in the afternoon we asked every to exit by the back door, thank you for doing this and taking time out to visit us and for the donations which came to £149.00, the balloons took in just over £60.00.

The kids really enjoyed the Grotto; over 250 kids from the Schools in P1 and some nurseries went to Santa’s during the week, thanks to the teachers and helpers.

I would like to thank the Staff in Caithness Horizons, without their help we could not have pulled this off, especially Christine, thanks also to Robert MaGregor, the council Gardener’s (I always have them ducking and diving in their own time!) Santa & helpers, the TTIA Committee and Volunteers. You all did an amazing amount of work and gave up lots of free time for the Community, in most cases many hours.