PDA

View Full Version : Caithness Weather Warning

whaligoechiel
11-Dec-09, 21:25
According to MetCheck (http://www.metcheck.com/)48 Hour Forecast For Caithness (http://www.metcheck.com/48hrforecast.asp?lat=58&lon=-4&locationID=555) Wick on Thursday will be subjected to 375 mph winds
so better baton down the hatches

have a we look and see before some one spots the mistake I hope

changilass
11-Dec-09, 21:28
PAge is no longer there according to the link

northener
11-Dec-09, 21:32
I think I'll bring the washing in......

whaligoechiel
11-Dec-09, 21:33
now moved to Friday within last 30 seconds

Stack Rock
11-Dec-09, 21:33
Just had alook. Also similar high winds forcast for next friday. Beter start evacuating the area!!!!
PS I used my own link and no corrections have been made as yet.

Fluff
11-Dec-09, 21:35
someone better tie down the livestock!

whaligoechiel
11-Dec-09, 21:54
A weel us Caithnessians have turned wur collers up agenst a puf o wind in e past and survived
and i am sure we will again wur survivors

Rheghead
11-Dec-09, 22:06
it is not just in caithness but all over uk.

chocolatechip
11-Dec-09, 22:37
I think the best thing we can do is wait for Tugmisstress herself to give us advice on what to she is our own weather girl in Caithness if anyone can tell us what the weather she certainly can!!:D

Bill Fernie
11-Dec-09, 22:50
Hm = a few years ago in the big storm that took part of the roof at Wick High School all our windows were blown out of our sun lounge. That was I think with gusts of over 100mph. with over 300mph forecast on this site the house is gone.

I am posting an email to Denis Quaid ( Day After Tomorrow) right now to come and get us after I have burned my library - have you noted the big temperature drop also on this web site.

Bye .....off to start diggin my bunker in the back garden.........

Latest link - http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/7days.asp?zipcode=Inverness
Has there ever been purple in the web colours before.....

Phill
12-Dec-09, 00:39
Wick on Thursday will be subjected to 375 mph winds

So just a normal light breeze for us then.

Joefitz
12-Dec-09, 02:11
We have 38" of snow over the last three days, and the temperature is 3 degrees F, with more snow expected.
But it's expected to be 38 tomorrow........heatwave!!!!

changilass
12-Dec-09, 02:15
Ouch they have a gust of 424 for thur morning, wonder where we will be living on thur afternoon lol.

dx100uk
12-Dec-09, 02:18
:lol:

dx

Stack Rock
12-Dec-09, 09:55
Catastrophe averted - they now forcast wins of 7 -22 mph on those days !!!!!!

Tugmistress
12-Dec-09, 09:56
I think the best thing we can do is wait for Tugmisstress herself to give us advice on what to she is our own weather girl in Caithness if anyone can tell us what the weather she certainly can!!:D

my advice - ignore metcheck lol :lol:

ShelleyCowie
12-Dec-09, 11:25
my advice - ignore metcheck lol :lol:

good advice Tuggs! I checked met office website through yours and cant find any weather warnings. Will go with that as its reliable! :Razz

ciderally
12-Dec-09, 13:37
good laugh......thank you