PDA

View Full Version : Broadband email

Partan
09-Feb-04, 15:13
Hi Knowledgeable Caithness Folk

I plan to move to broadband in the near future with my current dial-up service provider (BT). Will I be able to keep my existing BT Internet email addresses?

Ta

Partan

Donnie
09-Feb-04, 15:24
It will be possible but not right at this moment. The BTOpenworld site states that over the next few weeks it will be possible to upgrade your existing account to BB. So aslong as you can wait a few weeks it's possible. It also says you will be contacted via your BT Internet email address when this is possible.

Even tho they moved the BTInternet help desk away from Thurso I still have it in my blood. Har har.

Broadband4Caithness
09-Feb-04, 17:34
Hi,

If you want to keep your BTinternet addresses and want to use a different ISP for BB then just change it to payg and you will have them kept but you still have to dial up every so often though.

They are trying to remove the Openworld branding off all BT products.

If you are wanting to stay the BT as we expect you are on BTopenworld product then go to http://www.btyahoo.com/internet/upgrade/help and it explains in here that you will still be able to keep your email address.

God I can remember the helpdesk too.

The Angel Of Death
09-Feb-04, 17:54
you have to dial in once ever 30 days or the account gets the chop

Partan
11-Feb-04, 09:40
Donnie, Paul, Angel

Thanks for taking time to help me on this. Your advice will help me to decide what to do about broadband. It's awful complicated for a country boyag like me!

Thanks

Partan

casper
19-Jul-04, 13:14
Hi

Just to advise - if you want to change your e-mail address to payg, you only have to dial in every 90 days to keep that e-mail address active.

Another option is to sign up for Premium Mail, which is available on the BT Openworld website - it is charges at £1.50 per month.

Finally, if you want to register for BT Yahoo BB and keep your existing BTOW e-mail address - this is now possible on the BT Openworld website. The prices for the BB packages have now come down slightly, and with most BT Yahoo BB packages you will be given a free modem and connection, along with an 0845 Technical Helpdesk.

Anonymous
20-Jul-04, 00:18
According to the speil I got when I signed up, I can keep my BTOW addy on Broadband.

Mind you, they lost my contract, admitted it as their fault, and "fast-tracked" my BB connection to the following week. Wahey! Well done BT!

Then, despite telling me Windows 98 was the minimum software requirement, they tied me into a twelve-month contract, then said, no, it's actually Windows 98 Second Edition.

Well, I guess I'll be better for the upgrade.

But I still wouldn't trust anything BT tells me. If I can still use my OW addy, after I've got BB - which I have, only I can't use it until I've upgraded - I'll be amazed.

I only persist with these con-merchants because there is so little alternative.