PDA

View Full Version : Repair of Camera?

Sunflower
11-Dec-09, 11:52
Hi, is there anyone local that can look at a Panasonic Lumix camera. I was trying to download some photos and the camera just died. I have checked the battery and it is charged and I have also checked the cable in another camera and it works fine. The zoom lense is also stuck in the open position and when I turn it on/off it isnt even making a noise?
Thanks in advance
:)

futurelegends
11-Dec-09, 13:46
Have you checked your Guarantee/Warranty to see whether it is still covered, if so contact the Manufacturer before delving into it's innards.

It could save you a lot of money.

The Angel Of Death
11-Dec-09, 15:23
Last camera i fixed was stuck with the lens open i just put enough pressure on it to pop it back into place and its worked fine since

Obiously if its in warrenty get it done proper but if its out then try it and see worst case is its still broken

John Baikie
11-Dec-09, 16:39
Best place for camera repairs is AJ Johnstone in Glasgow, call them or email them for a quote first though.
http://www.ajjohnstone.co.uk/

Kodiak
11-Dec-09, 17:42
Depending on which model it is, it might cost more to be repaired than to buy a new Camera. As far as I know there in no one in Caithnes who would be able to repair this as by what you described it sounds like an Electronic problem. If you are determined to get it repaired I would suggest you contact the retailer from where you bought it.

Sunflower
11-Dec-09, 22:50
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will get some quotes to see if a repair is going to be a viable option. Thanks again. :)

Aaldtimer
12-Dec-09, 03:44
One last suggestion...clean the battery contacts, both on the battery, and in the camera!
Always look for the simplest explanation.;)