PDA

View Full Version : Which delicious snack should be brought back?

steeko
11-Dec-09, 00:23
Mine is the Coconut Boost bar!

changilass
11-Dec-09, 00:34
Right this minute - any and all - I have the munchies.

joxville
11-Dec-09, 00:35
Deep fried squirrel.

Boozeburglar
11-Dec-09, 01:14
I don't think regurgitation is desirable in any circumstances. Then again, birds do it!

Kevin Milkins
11-Dec-09, 01:21
Hedgehog flavoured crisps, and black midget gems that taste of licorice and were very hard.:Razz

Wizzbang
11-Dec-09, 03:49
Glees The last time I saw them was back at school in the early 70s
also Spangles and maybe opal mints

butterfly
11-Dec-09, 04:07
Five centred Fry's chocolate Cream.

Dadie
11-Dec-09, 06:05
cremola foam.... i know its cheating a bit as its technically a drink but it was good dry too.

american gal
11-Dec-09, 09:02
puffs remember those 10p crisps my fav

kriklah
11-Dec-09, 09:54
those little white chocolate discs/coins with animals molded on them. there was a squirrel, newt, turtle, cant remember the rest, but i always loved getting the squirrel. havent seen them for about 25 years, but would love to get them again, the white chocolate was absolutly scrummy, not the same as nestles white (which is just as scrummy!!) or the standard white mice you can still get, there was jsut something about it that made it really......well scrummy!!!!

ohh and yes the hedgehog flavourd crisps were a fav back then too!!

girnigoe
11-Dec-09, 10:54
Peachies Chip Butties SMOTHERED in vinegar.......... yum...yum.. :)

Invisible
11-Dec-09, 11:33
I sort o mind a sweetie called Secret or summit. It was gooooooooood

jings00
11-Dec-09, 13:22
mint cracknell

tartanyorkie
11-Dec-09, 13:49
Cadburys Milk Tray in a bar

Kodiak
11-Dec-09, 14:24
Creamola Foam this is sadly missed by many and should be brought back!!!!

http://i45.tinypic.com/iyo4cz.jpg

henry20
11-Dec-09, 14:35
Orange Aero!!

Kirdon
11-Dec-09, 15:48
Gundy ( don't know if you spell it like this) from the "Gundy wifie" in Barigoll Street.

maidenmania
11-Dec-09, 16:06
Cabana (like a bounty wi caramel n cherries) & Splicer (fruit flavoured chewy thing) were my favs as a teenager.

Thumper
11-Dec-09, 19:04
GOLDEN CUPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please,please,pretty please!:) x

Saveman
11-Dec-09, 19:38
Chelsea Whoppers!!

wicker8
11-Dec-09, 19:38
mine has to be mint cracknel bar

George Brims
11-Dec-09, 19:42
I'll join the two people who mentioned the mint cracknell bar (thanks for reminding me), but my greatest wish would be for the Cadbury's Amazing Raisin Bar.

joxville
11-Dec-09, 19:44
Chelsea Whoppers!!
A little shop in my home town sells them, I saw them on my last trip there in the summer.

joxville
11-Dec-09, 19:45
Tutti Fruttis, MB Bars, and as mentioned by Wizzbang, Glees.

telfordstar
11-Dec-09, 19:52
Tutti Fruttis, MB Bars, and as mentioned by Wizzbang, Glees.

you still get tutti fruities. Mine has to be 10p puffs and there was pic shaped 10p crisps i used to love as well piglets i think they were called.

ShelleyCowie
11-Dec-09, 20:11
Gundy ( don't know if you spell it like this) from the "Gundy wifie" in Barigoll Street.

I know how to make that! :D LOVE gundy! Get a jar usually every christmas from my great auntie aswell!

northener
11-Dec-09, 20:15
Nesquik milk shake powder - used to come in a square tinnie....luvverly.

bingo1
11-Dec-09, 20:26
I used to love gundy i used to buy it fae jannets shoppie at the bottom of coach road! havent tasted it for years.

coastown
11-Dec-09, 22:37
Old english spangles anyone remember them , pan tablet and pan lollies :)

Saveman
11-Dec-09, 22:40
A little shop in my home town sells them, I saw them on my last trip there in the summer.

Where's your home town? I'd pay good money to taste those sweet treats again ;)

butterfly
11-Dec-09, 23:14

I remember the pan lollies! Gibby's van used to come round the North School with them at play time.:)

sjr014
12-Dec-09, 07:50
toffee yo yos, cheese n tomatoe puffs, peachies chips and the fry's five centre. mmmm

glenniepup
12-Dec-09, 16:56
Yep I remember the old english spangles:D do you remember tobamory tatties they were covered im cinnomen and had a wee gift in them:)

neepnipper
12-Dec-09, 17:14
Chelsea Whoppers!!

They sell these on www.aquarterof.co.uk (http://www.aquarterof.co.uk) look good but have never tried them, are they like squidgy chocolate fudge?

I remember in the eaaly 70's getting lemonade ice lollies which had a solid sherbert centre, yummm!

poppett
12-Dec-09, 23:19
Milk tray bar, Frys five centres and golden cups already mentioned. I miss Cadbury lime bars and strawberry bars most of all.

Betty
12-Dec-09, 23:39
Yep I remember the old english spangles:D do you remember tobamory tatties they were covered im cinnomen and had a wee gift in them:)

I think in Wick we used to call them 'lucky tatties', and I bought mine from 'Tattie Steven's'. I don't think they came in a wrapper and I don't ever recall an incident where a youngster accidently ate the 'prize'. What a carefree life we lead away back then.

Hen Broon
13-Dec-09, 08:35
I see aquarterof shres rising through the roof
http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/lucky-tatties-p-1410.html

only me
13-Dec-09, 17:45
it has to be spanish gold

donnick
13-Dec-09, 20:03
Danny craig ice cream yummy was the best ever .Never tasted better mind you had to set the money on the counter as he would never take it oot ur hand .........yes i know its not a sweety but just thought i would add it :)

froal
13-Dec-09, 20:14
Yip Spangles and Fry's cream for me too........!!!!!!!:D

bish667
14-Dec-09, 13:07
Fish and Chips, crisp things :D

lister
14-Dec-09, 13:59
Fruit salad and black jacks...time travelling sweets..
pity my fillings wont cope anymore.:(

George Brims
14-Dec-09, 23:55
You can still get Tobermory Tatties some places, though without the annoying plastic toy. In the indoor market in Inverness there's a sweetie shop away in the back that has all sorts of old fashioned sweeties. They also have Capaldi's ice cream.