PDA

View Full Version : Save some money this Christmas

Invisible
10-Dec-09, 18:06
Before anyone says anything - I'm trying to be funny, and this probably is a pointless thread

Do you feel the pinch of the "Credit Crunch" & recession?
Do you have little festive cheer this year?
Are you running out of time to wrap presents?

Then look no further than a plastic bag! They are cheap, re-usable and once more will most likely contain the receipt of the Wallace & Gromit socks that your mother-in-law gave you.

If you have children and are feared of the consequences of the plastic bag, then use a newspaper. Sure it might seem like your gifting a bag of chips but look at the advantages, at least there will be something to read on Christmas morning.

I myself have used an old Foo Fighters poster as wrapping paper, and have saved a packet.

So what are you waiting for be original and recycle.

trinkie
10-Dec-09, 18:39
Good idea.

I have used unwanted wallpaper and it looked great. Also you can cut old plastic bags into strips to make 'string' the bright colours look good. Of course I cut up last year's cards for gift tags and enjoy the effect.

I have plenty Festive Cheer, and plenty time to wrap things up, but I am always short of lolly - and yet I love to give wee gifties ! So I keep the whole thing under control and I'm happy with that.

Good luck.

Lindsay
10-Dec-09, 19:38
What a fantastic idea!! I have loads of plastic bags under the kitchen sink!
I use my old xmas cards for the kids to cut up and "make" pictures out of they love it and it keeps them quiet so mam & dad can have a hot cuppa!!

teddybear1873
10-Dec-09, 19:38
I recycle my bog roll.

Invisible
10-Dec-09, 21:34
I recycle my bog roll.

Good for you! Lets all save the planet this Christmas