PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else not started on Christmas yet?

Kathy@watten
09-Dec-09, 17:40
Yikes apparently Christmas is going to be on the 25th of this month!! I have yet to do a thing towards the seasonal event...please tell me I am not alone in the mammoth task that is Christmas. Kids are easy to sort out they are still at the age where a few bits and bobs please them and am not into ridiculous spending anyway, but have not organised a menu, other family gifts or a tree...it's all a little overwhelming and now don't know where to start! If one more mother tells me that them done, wrapped and posted I will cry!

footie chick
09-Dec-09, 17:50
I've not done anything planning Inverness tomorrow hopefully will get it all sorted then.

changilass
09-Dec-09, 17:54
I've made my christmas cake and fed it a few times but thats about it.

Well one has to get one's priorities right.

footie chick
09-Dec-09, 17:56
I've made my christmas cake and fed it a few times but thats about it.

Forgot about that I have made cake forgot all about feeding it :eek:

sharona
09-Dec-09, 19:41
santa has not started christmas yet

ShelleyCowie
09-Dec-09, 19:50
Oh dear Kathy....:eek:

I am about 80% of the way through mine. Not sure if the pay cheques are gonna cover the last of them tho but it has to!

Fingers crossed you get sorted soon! :D

We made our Christmas cake and it looks like most of it has gone already! Cant blame myself because i dont like it.....but the kids and my OH can be blamed! :roll:

sharona
09-Dec-09, 19:52
made mine then eat it

Kathy@watten
09-Dec-09, 19:54
Lol Shellybain, not the sort of replies I want to hear....only want to hear from the Christmas hapless individuals not the smug done or nearly done ones! Once I actually decide to start shopping in ernest I will shop till I drop and do it in a day, am good at lists and working throught them in a methodical fashion. Am not succuming to the trip to Inverness am keeping it local as per normal, too long spent on the road going to Inverness and the shops are silly busy.

Leanne
09-Dec-09, 19:56
I've not started yet either!! I've got a few presents that I need to post but nothing as far as decs or tree... Menu - I'm not cooking it so dunno (working xmas day :( )

House is a bomb site due to renovations so nothing's getting done until the dust settles... next september?

sharona
09-Dec-09, 20:13
there nothin like shopin in your own town

BINBOB
09-Dec-09, 22:08
Christmas 2009 all sorted,now looking for pressies for christmas 2010!!I know...........boring!!:lol:

KCI
09-Dec-09, 22:11
Don't worry - I am the same!
I have bought most of the kid's presents, but still haven't organised a tree, decorations, cards, or presents for everyone else!

I am finding it really hard to get the time to do things - I have a stroppy 8 year old and a 10 month old who is constantly on the move, as well as occasionally having a 15 year old, so my house is chaotic enough!

Never mind, we will get there in the end! :eek:

Venture
09-Dec-09, 22:26
Well folks if you are stuck for ideas on what to give as pressies check out this website. Some really unusual gifts from a couple of pounds to thousands.;)

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/new-arrivals/index.html

golach
09-Dec-09, 22:30
Bah Humbug, I wish it was the 6th of January 2010 and this time of year was all over.:(

ShelleyCowie
09-Dec-09, 22:34
Lol Shellybain, not the sort of replies I want to hear....only want to hear from the Christmas hapless individuals not the smug done or nearly done ones! Once I actually decide to start shopping in ernest I will shop till I drop and do it in a day, am good at lists and working throught them in a methodical fashion. Am not succuming to the trip to Inverness am keeping it local as per normal, too long spent on the road going to Inverness and the shops are silly busy.

Lol sorry! If it makes u feel any better im making my own christmas cards this year and am nowhere near done of them! :eek: And i really should have the ones that need posted done by now.

Im sure you will get it all done though. I would not have mine nearly done but just had to start early because i knew i couldnt afford it in bulk this year like i usually do. :confused

balto
09-Dec-09, 22:37
well sad to say that im fiinished, just nee to wrap the kids presents, but that will be one on xmas eve, as its to much trouble to wrap it then hide it again, but pleased with myself.

Phoenix200416
09-Dec-09, 22:49
This year it seems that christmas has gone right over my head! No christmas decorations or a tree. I have some icicle lights up on the front of the house, but only just though to put them on (I left them up from last year LMAO)

I brought some random christmas gifts from Inverness the other week. Nothing planned. Just some smellies for both sexes and some chocolates. I've written a list of things that have more thought attached to go with the smellies as I am feeling a bit guilty now! Just need to buy the things on the list!

As for Christmas cards...well I used to be pretty good and have them written and sent out at the beginning of the month...well I haven't even brought any yet! Yikes! So you are not alone Kathy! I may end up using some christmas cards left over from last year at this rate and hope that the recipients didn't get the same cards last year!

Phoenix200416
09-Dec-09, 22:50
Well folks if you are stuck for ideas on what to give as pressies check out this website. Some really unusual gifts from a couple of pounds to thousands.;)

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/new-arrivals/index.html
I love that site! Except I would find myself buying things for myself rather than as gifts if I shop on there!

Vistravi
09-Dec-09, 23:08

Ach inverness trip for shopping is overrated. There isn't anything that internet shopping can't beat.
I live in ness but i got most of mine on ebay or amazon. I don't have the time to go round the shops, spending a fortune on things that just aren't special enough. I certainly can't get anything for my partner in ness shops as he is ver hard to buy for.

Unfortunatly mine is properly not a reply you want to hear now as i am almost done. I've just got to wait for a few things now.

teenybash
09-Dec-09, 23:23
Haven't started yet, not a card written or a present bought.............must get it done this week................:confused

Kathy@watten
09-Dec-09, 23:35
Well made a start with son tonight we made the cards, he wanted to do snowmen so we used red cards and he tattie prined the snowmen on them all and we put tinsel hats on them and tartan scarves, now just got to get the pressies, tree, decorate the whole house and wrap stuff..... will have to improvise I think and be handing out a lot of baking and jars of jam at this rate! Lots of my friends like to get veg from the field for Christmas dinner so that's easy and cheap...will have to make some hampers up and make them pretty and sorted...If only everyone was so simple!

Leanne
09-Dec-09, 23:54
will have to improvise I think and be handing out a lot of baking and jars of jam at this rate!

They'd be more than happy with your offerings!! We definitely need to join the WI. Will you go with me for moral support?

Invisible
10-Dec-09, 12:50
Not put up the tree, or my grandparents tree (which is a tradition), not made up a Christmas list (which even though I'm nearly 22, family still ask me for one), not bought all out-going presents yet as I've ran out of ideas.

But I have made a Christmas song compilation for the office to make the day fly in.

Dadie
10-Dec-09, 13:59
Thought i was organised. then i had a fun filled trip to raigmore sprung on me on tues. dont know when or if i will get out anytime soon! :eek:
im the model patient from hell as all i want to know is when will i get home!
this hospital handset thingy is not letting me do much!

horsegirl
10-Dec-09, 20:56
Sorry dont no if this is the place till do this but i need to tell someone.

I was enjoying doing my xmas shopping i getting excited about all the cool things i was buying for everyone. I love suprises - but thats the whole fun of xmas not knowing whats in the pressies!!!!!

Well to cut a long story short this year again my mother in law was asking my hubby what are the kids getting and what we are getting everyone else........... just so she can go buy the same thing or buy the stuff b 4 us to make out she has had a good idea. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

My hubby never seems to learn to keep his mouth shut and say its a suprise.

Sorry for putting this in ur thread but does anyone else have the same problem with mother in laws

Vistravi
10-Dec-09, 21:07

I was enjoying doing my xmas shopping i getting excited about all the cool things i was buying for everyone. I love suprises - but thats the whole fun of xmas not knowing whats in the pressies!!!!!

Well to cut a long story short this year again my mother in law was asking my hubby what are the kids getting and what we are getting everyone else........... just so she can go buy the same thing or buy the stuff b 4 us to make out she has had a good idea. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Sorry for putting this in ur thread but does anyone else have the same problem with mother in laws

Thats just spiteful! [evil]

Get her told or get the hubby to learn to say its a surprise!

Vistravi
10-Dec-09, 21:09
Lol sorry! If it makes u feel any better im making my own christmas cards this year and am nowhere near done of them! :eek: And i really should have the ones that need posted done by now.

Im sure you will get it all done though. I would not have mine nearly done but just had to start early because i knew i couldnt afford it in bulk this year like i usually do. :confused

Lol i'm finished my cards well almost! Still have two to do and post. A job for the weekend ;)

Thumper
10-Dec-09, 21:26

OMG it sounds like you have my ex mother in law :eek: she did that all the time but now that we dont speak she cant [lol] x