PDA

View Full Version : The WICK PANTO

jac1791
09-Dec-09, 00:20
I would like to say CONGRATULATIONS to wick players for another amazing Panto....
from Grant Mackenzie as the King right down to Caitlin Gunn as the little green fairy -- all you guys were great, I think you would be hard pushed to find anything better - no wonder Wick Players win so much .... Congratulations again guys ..

from POLTNEY NEWS

ginajade
09-Dec-09, 00:23
Yes an excellent night. Well done to all the local stars and those who worked hard behind the scenes.

The Pepsi Challenge
09-Dec-09, 02:54
Can anyone tell me when Wick Players were last at the Edinburgh Fringe?

Kevin Milkins
09-Dec-09, 03:32
Sounds like a good show, I am looking forward to going on Friday.:Razz

Alice in Blunderland
09-Dec-09, 07:26
The kids went last night with my parents and they had a great time.
They came home laughing and shouting and saying that they are definitley going next year as it was so good. They took a friend with them and it was his first time at Panto, he enjoyed it also. :D

Well done to everyone involved. :)

brandy
09-Dec-09, 09:06
cant wait we are going tonight!!

TanyaHorne
09-Dec-09, 09:44
I was there last night. And what a performance...the best one ive probably ever seen.
Really really anjoyable and highly recommended.

Well done all

sharona
09-Dec-09, 19:42
half of them dont need to dress up

Twiggy
09-Dec-09, 20:00
Beats Inverness-Edinburgh and all the rest--Well done all:lol:

bullielove
09-Dec-09, 20:12
Does anyone know if there is any tickets left? I would love to go but Im at the coo's tail as usual

nicnic74
09-Dec-09, 20:15
Theres a cpl for sale in the ticket section

jac1791
09-Dec-09, 20:29
Poltney News are still selling the tickets , off hand I think Thursday night full but there is a few tickets still available for Friday & Saturday night give us a call on 602986 and we can keep tickets for you to collect

Jacqueline

bullielove
10-Dec-09, 09:24
Theres a cpl for sale in the ticket section

Thanks Nicnic - I ve lefther a pm so hopefully I will get tonight (fingers crossed) :D

Thanks also Jac - however the only night I can go is the Thursday as its the same night the bairn is going with the school otherwise I would need to find a babysitter. :D

shamrock2007
11-Dec-09, 23:16
Well done to the Wick Players, they Panto was just fantastic. Laughed from start to finish. How good were Dotty Dettol & Muddles!!!!

Kevin Milkins
12-Dec-09, 08:32
Great show and enjoyed it from start to finish.:Razz:lol:

Was I the only one in the room that jumped out of my skin every time the witch or the fairy came on stage? (pyrotechnics), Mrs M thought it was hilarious as it got me every time.:eek:

It was 1982, the last time I went to a panto and expected it to last for about an hour, and three hours seem to fly by, I bet the cast will be knacked by the end of the week.

Well done to all and will look forward to next years production.

bullielove
12-Dec-09, 09:11
Just seconding what everyone else is saying.. The panto is brilliant!! Its the last night tonight - I heard that on Saturdays its sometimes the best night as they all go a bit crazy:lol:

Invisible
12-Dec-09, 09:31
Just seconding what everyone else is saying.. The panto is brilliant!! Its the last night tonight - I heard that on Saturdays its sometimes the best night as they all go a bit crazy:lol:

oh no they don't :lol:

redeyedtreefrog
13-Dec-09, 00:04
oh no they don't :lol:

Oh yes they did!

It was great, loved Muddles. And Tony.

Liz
13-Dec-09, 00:28
I really wish I could have gone as everyone has said how brilliant it was!

It's a pity they don't record it for DVD. I'm sure a lot of folk who can't go would buy it.

Kevin Milkins
13-Dec-09, 01:37
I really wish I could have gone as everyone has said how brilliant it was!

It's a pity they don't record it for DVD. I'm sure a lot of folk who can't go would buy it.

When we left on Friday there was a video camera on a stand at the back of the hall.

I will make some enquires for you Liz.

Fran
13-Dec-09, 04:37
Great performance, and lovely to see all the kids get on the stage.
Well done to one of the principal actors who had to go to A & E after a fall but came back to carry on, even though he was limping.
Also great that their raffle over the past few days raised nearly £3,000.

stivagorm
13-Dec-09, 05:47
Yes an excellent night. Well done to all the local stars and those who worked hard behind the scenes.

Oh No It wasn't LoL sorry couldnt resist. Yeah it was good but they could do with trying to turn on the extractor fan for all the smoke from pyrotechnics. Was a bit too smokey and no available refreshments at half time

Liz
13-Dec-09, 14:07
When we left on Friday there was a video camera on a stand at the back of the hall.

I will make some enquires for you Liz.

Aw cheers Kevin!:D

bcsman
13-Dec-09, 19:56
i went to the panto on friday night,i have to say it was fantastic.
never laughed so much since a long while.
muddles and dotty dettol were really funny.
good work by the wick players

KitKat
14-Dec-09, 18:51
Oh No It wasn't LoL sorry couldnt resist. Yeah it was good but they could do with trying to turn on the extractor fan for all the smoke from pyrotechnics. Was a bit too smokey and no available refreshments at half time

The extractors are turned on at the interval. They make too much noise to put on during the show.

As for refreshments, well there's an opportunity for a club or group to do some fundraising. Hire the kitchen, get a licence and sell some refreshments at events such as this.

wickscorrie
14-Dec-09, 20:02
hey fran that weren't what we heard, seems after the strictly come dancing sketch, the person in q got a splinter in their butt or back!

redeyedtreefrog
14-Dec-09, 20:09
hey fran that weren't what we heard, seems after the strictly come dancing sketch, the person in q got a splinter in their butt or back!

Thats what I heard too