PDA

View Full Version : John Burke mot services

Kathy@watten
08-Dec-09, 14:56
Hi everyone just a quick post to say today I used John Burkes MOT service for the first time through in Wick and got first class service and was impressed with the set up he has up at the industrial site just opposite the plumb centre. I was having a 3.5t horsebox MOTd and it was hassle free and excellent...would highly reccomend to all van/horsebox folks!

lybsterlad
08-Dec-09, 18:35
i use mcconnechys and have always found them excellent, with excellent customer service they also have fully qualified mechanics, don't like people who are not trained mechanics working with ma car, will stick way mcconnechys

poppett
08-Dec-09, 18:45
Thanks for the feedback Kathy. It`s good to hear of excellent customer service.

S&LHEN
08-Dec-09, 18:51
I always thought John Bourke was the trained mot tester at mcconechys but hes just started up on his own:confused

i use mcconnechys and have always found them excellent, with excellent customer service they also have fully qualified mechanics, don't like people who are not trained mechanics working with ma car, will stick way mcconnechys

Turquoise
08-Dec-09, 18:55

John Burke worked at McConechy's for many years and is an excellent mechanic. He is now working as an independent mechanic and I for one would certainly recommend him.

Kathy@watten
08-Dec-09, 19:31
For the purpose of a cat 7 test there are only 2 places in Caithness able to do this MOT and Mconachies are not one of them, whereas John Burke is, and my post was to recommend his new venture as a good experience for folks like myself who need a test for a 3.5t vehicle. I was not there to have any repairs or whatnot done, but have found many garages unkeen to touch a bigger vehicle in the past. It is not very nice for folk to use the recommendation area to post about the stuff they find to grumle about...surely there is space in general for that! As for John Burke 5* MOT service, many thanks!

shaz77
08-Dec-09, 19:39
i can recommend john burke 100% just put my car through today for its m.o.t great customer service... highly recommend. A+++++:D

superceltic
08-Dec-09, 22:11
I have always used mcconnechys as well and would highly recommend them

lybsterlad
08-Dec-09, 22:23
For the purpose of a cat 7 test there are only 2 places in Caithness able to do this MOT and Mconachies are not one of them, whereas John Burke is, and my post was to recommend his new venture as a good experience for folks like myself who need a test for a 3.5t vehicle. I was not there to have any repairs or whatnot done, but have found many garages unkeen to touch a bigger vehicle in the past. It is not very nice for folk to use the recommendation area to post about the stuff they find to grumle about...surely there is space in general for that! As for John Burke 5* MOT service, many thanks!
sorry was not havin a grumle (grumble) as you stated was merely recommending mcconnechys on recommendation page did not grumble about john burke

scorpion
08-Dec-09, 23:02
sorry was not havin a grumle (grumble) as you stated was merely recommending mcconnechys on recommendation page did not grumble about john burke

In fairness to Kathy@watten ,she started this thread to recommend John Burke ,if you want to recommend somebody else then it should be done in another thread !!

lybsterlad
09-Dec-09, 14:20
In fairness to Kathy@watten ,she started this thread to recommend John Burke ,if you want to recommend somebody else then it should be done in another thread !!
I was merely giving my opinion, my recommendation on my experiences on MOT, dont think another thread is required. each person is entitled to an opinion i gave mine, as Kathy@watten gave hers

northener
09-Dec-09, 16:41
John Burke was the MOT tester at McConechys for a long time before setting up on his own.

poppett
09-Dec-09, 19:39
I thought the main point of Kathy`s thread was to inform folk with a class7 vehicle for test that there was an alternative to Sutherlands at Reay.