PDA

View Full Version : Buzzing noise in Wick?

Bobbin
08-Dec-09, 00:16
Is it just me or has anyone noticed a constant buzzing noise in Wick recently? If I open my bedroom window at night, it's a noise similar to maybe a freezer running or an airplane in the distance.
At first I thought it was maybe the windmills at tesco or something but on further investigation it seems to be more so down towards the centre of town, beside the river area.
It's there constantly, even keeping me awake some nights, so I'm pretty sure someone else must have heard it too. At least, I'm hoping so!:eek:

canuck
08-Dec-09, 00:23
Oh Wick, I hope that you are not about to explode!!!!

Kevin Milkins
08-Dec-09, 00:37
I often walk the dogs very late at night up past the Coghill bridge, and it is "I think" an electricity sub station near to the caravan park.

I don't notice it in the day time because of the noise pollution from all the other activity going on around the town, but it does sound quite load at night.

Bobbin
08-Dec-09, 00:42
Thanks Kevin, that would make a lot more sense than the previous post.
If it's an electric sub station then there's no chance of it going away. It's just so annoying once you're aware of it. And I hate having to sleep with the windows closed.

trix
08-Dec-09, 00:58
its no 'e sweemin pool is'ed? i ken i live aboot ayre an i hear it all 'e time.....da ken what it is but lek a fan sound or somethin.....

Bobbin
08-Dec-09, 01:04
Thanks Trix, that's another possibility. Think I'll have to go out investigating tomorrow night and see if I can narrow it down a bit.

Fran
08-Dec-09, 02:44
There have been a lot of helicopters visitng in the middle of the night. Each one seems to sit for ages and ages with the engine running. there was one at 2am yesterday and it was noisy for a while.

lister
08-Dec-09, 03:48
Is it just me or has anyone noticed a constant buzzing noise in Wick recently? If I open my bedroom window at night, it's a noise similar to maybe a freezer running or an airplane in the distance.
At first I thought it was maybe the windmills at tesco or something but on further investigation it seems to be more so down towards the centre of town, beside the river area.
It's there constantly, even keeping me awake some nights, so I'm pretty sure someone else must have heard it too. At least, I'm hoping so!:eek:

Maybe it was an Ann Summers party???:lol:

weegie
08-Dec-09, 17:05
Its the freezers at somerfield , someone who lives locally has complained over and over about the noise and I can hear it at night , thank god they are closing soon !

upolian
08-Dec-09, 19:07
Maybe it was an Ann Summers party???:lol:

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz [lol][lol]

Kirdon
08-Dec-09, 19:12
bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz [lol][lol]

Ahhhhhh ok! got it now!!!

sharona
08-Dec-09, 19:38
May be its a big massive bee buzzin lol

trix
08-Dec-09, 21:01
or a rabbit....:Razz

Bobbin
08-Dec-09, 21:06
Maybe it was an Ann Summers party???:lol:Sorry, Im only 13 years old so I dont know her but please feel free to enlighten me. :roll:

Bobbin
08-Dec-09, 21:09
Its the freezers at somerfield , someone who lives locally has complained over and over about the noise and I can hear it at night , thank god they are closing soon !I think you're right. The worst it's been is when I've been down towards Somerfield. Jeepers, why are they not made to do something about it?

lister
08-Dec-09, 21:19
Sorry, Im only 13 years old so I dont know her but please feel free to enlighten me. :roll:

First person i've heard of passing their driving test before they were 13 eh??
Posted 19/06/09....
If yer old enough to drive a car woman then yer old enough to not need enlightened:roll::roll:

butterfly
08-Dec-09, 21:22
Sorry, Im only 13 years old so I dont know her but please feel free to enlighten me. :roll:

Jeepers Bobbin,please be aware of your previous posts on here.13 my erse.:lol:

Bobbin
08-Dec-09, 21:28
First person i've heard of passing their driving test before they were 13 eh??
Posted 19/06/09....
If yer old enough to drive a car woman then yer old enough to not need enlightenedActually I posted that for a friend of my mums. I told this to the people who pm'd me at the time. Thanks for showing sooo much interest in me to trawl through my previous posts though. Obviously nothing better to do with your time!(insert suitable smiley)

lister
08-Dec-09, 21:32
Actually I posted that for a friend of my mums. I told this to the people who pm'd me at the time. Thanks for showing sooo much interest in me to trawl through my previous posts though. Obviously nothing better to do with your time!(insert suitable smiley)
Think nothing of it,,consider it at service...
Thankyou

weeksider
09-Dec-09, 00:26
weegie ,
Yes i think you are correct with the noises from Prestos frezers ,heving been making a racket @ nights lately

wakens folk up in middle of night ,need seen to :(

Phill
09-Dec-09, 10:37
why are they not made to do something about it?

Get hold of the Environmental health Dept' if the noise is that bad, they have the power.

Or it could be all the UFO's that are now running riot since the MoD closed the X files!!!
:eek:

thebigman
09-Dec-09, 13:05
If folks having noise problems call 01955 607737 the EHO will deal with it.

No complaints recieved so far.

Camra
09-Dec-09, 13:36
I understood it had been tracked down to the cemetry, where once hardworking fishermen were now turning in their graves at the thought of our harbour having been turned into a pleasure boat marina due to the incompetence of our mollycoddled politicians.

northener
09-Dec-09, 16:26
I understood it had been tracked down to the cemetry, where once hardworking fishermen were now turning in their graves at the thought of our harbour having been turned into a pleasure boat marina due to the incompetence of our mollycoddled politicians.

As opposed to leaving it empty, Camra?

Maybe the buzzing noise is actually a droning noise coming from people who wish to live in the past.........:Razz

Even Chance
09-Dec-09, 17:59
Good point there Northener.
Im delighted with the marina, and will be using it for many years to come!

Back on topic, Ive also heard a noise eminating from the river area in the middle of the night. It sounds like a fan to myself.