PDA

View Full Version : Gino De Campo

Kodiak
07-Dec-09, 21:05
I just saw on Channel 5 that Gino De Campo is to be charged with Animal Cruelity, in Austrialia, for Killing and Eating a RAT while he was on "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here"

This to me is silly as everywhere I know Rats are classed as Vermin. Does this mean that the Rat Catchers you see on TV will also be charged when they kill rats?

LMS
07-Dec-09, 21:17
He should be charged with cruelty to humans - the programme is revolting!!! It makes my stomach churn and I just couldn't watch it.

Rheghead
07-Dec-09, 21:35
This to me is silly as everywhere I know Rats are classed as Vermin. Does this mean that the Rat Catchers you see on TV will also be charged when they kill rats?

Was the rat in question vermin or a stage or pet rat?

Green_not_greed
07-Dec-09, 21:40
"Lives are being lost in the world due to starvation, whilst there is in fact a plentiful supply of rat meat everywhere, that could be used to give people the nutritional support they need!"

More at http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s3i64605

More sense in that than prosecution! :D

AngieMac
07-Dec-09, 22:11
I take it then that cruelty to insects does not interest the authorities or are we to believe that no insects were harmed in the making of this programme. Perhaps Australian rats are not classed as vermin. I'm quite sure that the kangaroos weren't too keen on parting with their testicles or crocodiles with their tongues. Seems crazy to me to single out the rat for special attention or was it just the fact that a contestant showed some initiative for once and did what mankind has always done and made use of the resources available to him? Good on you Gino

ShelleyCowie
07-Dec-09, 23:28
Oh for goodness sake what is the world coming too! Rats are killed every day. He wasnt the only one who ate the wee rat, food is food and they were hungry. I told my OH the other night i would eat him if i had to. He was a bit scared :lol: Also he went and got me something to eat then because i said i was hungry! ;)

Leave Gino alone. The show was full of things that they had to eat i thought was awful compared to a rat! Crocodile tongue, kangaroo danglies, anus..... :eek:

BINBOB
07-Dec-09, 23:30
I just saw on Channel 5 that Gino De Campo is to be charged with Animal Cruelity, in Austrialia, for Killing and Eating a RAT while he was on "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here"

I have read these rats were so tame ,no problem to catch,unlike the WILD rats.These rats were especially bred ,were used to being handled...........Justin has just said on the news,it was a wild thing ,running around the jungle........Wrong!!they were specially imported.

I personally have never felt happy about any of the animal/creepy crawlies being killed for the how,bit I do enjoy the show for the other trials.;)

northener
08-Dec-09, 11:07
I don't watch the programme, but I'm a bit intrigued by this.

Was the rat despatched humanely? If it was, then there's no grounds for prosecution. If, however the manner of death was uneccessarily cruel - then do him.

Can anybody enlighten me regarding exactly what happened?

Dusty
08-Dec-09, 19:47
Was the rat despatched humanely? If it was, then there's no grounds for prosecution. If, however the manner of death was uneccessarily cruel - then do him.

I believe that the rat in question was shown episodes of "Britain's got talent" and "The X Factor" until it lost the will to live. :lol:

ShelleyCowie
08-Dec-09, 20:08

There was part of the group taken away and put in an "excile camp" where food was minimal. 1 bed between 5 (or 6) of them. No luxuries like they had at base camp.

They were all starving so exterminated the rat. In a humane way. Ate the thing too.

kitty kat
08-Dec-09, 21:17

this is what they have been checking because it was not shown on stv.

young_fishin_neep
09-Dec-09, 00:17
they had a clip of them killing the rat on the itv website... gino cut the rats head of.. wich i think is perfectly humane, the rat feels no pain and die instantly... bit stupid charging him for it.. at the end of the day there must be more people in the world do this.. unfortunatly he chose to do it on tv and australia did not like this

x

bettedaviseyes
09-Dec-09, 12:31
there is more rats in london than people and pest controllers kill thousands a year i really dont understand what the big deal is...........

kitty kat
09-Dec-09, 22:08
there is more rats in london than people and pest controllers kill thousands a year i really dont understand what the big deal is...........

they are not worried about the killing or eating its the fact of was it a tame or wild rat :Razz

upolian
10-Dec-09, 00:39
they have cameras watching them...?

so why not go and stop him?

or did they just let him eat it all without saying a word:roll:

Aaldtimer
10-Dec-09, 03:59
As far as I understand it, they have been charged with cruelty to an animal because it was done for "entertainment purposes". i.e. Reality TV.
And quite bloody right too!:roll: