PDA

View Full Version : Mind Machine

Rheghead
07-Dec-09, 14:41
Quite exciting stuff in Florida with technology that will allow people with disability to communicate. However I can see a darker side to a variation of this technology with interviewing suspects of crime and forcing their guilty secrets from them. Maybe that is a good thing? Are we socially prepared for such an invasion on our minds?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/6744874/Computer-program-allows-users-to-write-with-their-minds.html

upolian
07-Dec-09, 14:55
that is amazing!

joxville
07-Dec-09, 19:41
I don't want a machine that can write for me, I want one that'll bring me a coffee whenever I feel like one. :D

Each
07-Dec-09, 19:56
I read an article 15 years ago in the press about the US military impplanting chips into the necks fighter pilots to control weapons on their jets by thought rather than actually having to press any buttons.

Tha reason was that it too long for the body to send a signal through the nervous system to the trigger finger and for it to work, solution - just to plug a computer directly into the central nervous system.

Anyone with a mobile phone - your one step closer to becoming cybermen....:eek:

3of8
09-Dec-09, 17:27
I read an article 15 years ago in the press about the US military impplanting chips into the necks fighter pilots to control weapons on their jets by thought rather than actually having to press any buttons.

Tha reason was that it too long for the body to send a signal through the nervous system to the trigger finger and for it to work, solution - just to plug a computer directly into the central nervous system.

Anyone with a mobile phone - your one step closer to becoming cybermen....:eek:

Watched a program last night, Mighty Ships, USS Nimitz I think it was. Fighter pilots in F18's have helmets that do exactly that. Look at the other aircraft and the missile locks onto it in a split second. Amazing. The helmets cost $100,000 apiece though.