PDA

View Full Version : Kittens or a barn cat and a kitten

munron
06-Dec-09, 20:15
Hi

Does any of the rescues have a couple of kittens / youngsters or a barn cat and a kitten? I am looking for a couple to live in my shed but they will have all the comforts of home with a heated room or hay to snuggle into, toys and beds.

Kittens / youngsters would be prefered to get used to the young children that may chase them around but if an older barn cat was looking for a home it could teach the kitten the ropes.

I am in no rush so I am happy to wait for the right ones to come along, which may well be after Christmas.

Ricanna
06-Dec-09, 20:34
I have many and various if they can be caught. Very good condition and fed but outside cats so not yet pick up-a-ble!

munron
06-Dec-09, 20:43
Hi Ricanna

I did think about feral cats but to be honest my young lad had so much fun with my mates barn kitten I would like to get him one he could play with.

In saying that if I get one kitten I would be willing to take on something else as long as it would be company for kitten.

I am not a cat person so I am not to sure on the dynamics of a cats world to be honest.

Fran
07-Dec-09, 03:15
Cats Protection are always looking for nice outside homes for their abandoned outside cats. Also Balmore has so many cats needing a home, even 5 of them who are one family.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
07-Dec-09, 10:17
Cats Protection are always looking for nice outside homes for their abandoned outside cats. Also Balmore has so many cats needing a home, even 5 of them who are one family.

OOOH Nicola if you're going to Balmore a look i'll come with you - and do the handling tests to save you have to pick up haha :-)

munron
07-Dec-09, 11:04
I will take you up on that KOT, I am a bit worried that no-one will rehome a cat to someone who cringes when they come near them :) Although the bairns and the husband are cat friendly, they will provide the love and I can provide the food.

Liz
07-Dec-09, 13:44
I have many and various if they can be caught. Very good condition and fed but outside cats so not yet pick up-a-ble!

Did you know that Cats Protection will pay for them to be neutered and provide you with traps to catch them?

It is really good of you to feed them.

Liz
07-Dec-09, 13:46
I will take you up on that KOT, I am a bit worried that no-one will rehome a cat to someone who cringes when they come near them :) Although the bairns and the husband are cat friendly, they will provide the love and I can provide the food.

Either Cats Protection or the SSPCA would be delighted to rehome cats with you!

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
07-Dec-09, 18:51

well im up your way on Wednesday with deliveries so if you want to go up a look :-)

munron
07-Dec-09, 19:36
Thanks Liz but you havent seen me with cats :) I am a screamer

MA, email me with what sort of time you are about and I will see if I have a Donald sitter :)

Liz
07-Dec-09, 19:41

MA, email me with what sort of time you are about and I will see if I have a Donald sitter :)

Oh ye beeg feardy!:lol:

They would just be glad to get a lovely outside home. Just don't scream when you go to look at them!lol

Leanne
07-Dec-09, 19:46
I have a lovely fluffy cat that is manx cross rag doll. He is a floppy ball of fluff but a brill rat catcher! He will stand up to dogs and loves people. Just not me. He has become an outdoor cat as he refuses to come in the house now (he's a big ball of fluff so can cope) - he has several nice dry barns to choose from and frequently sleeps with the horses. You are welcome to him if you like. He's very friendly and not your normal catty cat...He also doesn't have a tail so even more makes him like a big teddy bear!

But then there are lots of cats in Balmore and the like and he sort of has a home (just not with a person that he likes very much) so it would be a shame to deny one of those a home...

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/l34nn3_k4ut/IMG_1184.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/l34nn3_k4ut/IMG_1239.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/l34nn3_k4ut/IMG_0882.jpg

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
07-Dec-09, 19:46

crikey I HAVE SEEN HER WITH CATS..... my cat tries to climb up her leg way very sharp claws when she's not noticing.....it's fair enough to scream then......

ps lovin your cat and dog pics leanne

Leanne
07-Dec-09, 19:47
crikey I HAVE SEEN HER WITH CATS..... my cat tries to climb up her leg way very sharp claws when she's not noticing.....it's fair enough to scream then......

I want your cat! She's a doll!

ShelleyCowie
07-Dec-09, 20:22
I used to be petrified o cats before i met my OH. I wasnt brought up with them. Was used to dogs, horses and small rodents like hamsters, gerbils, rats and degus. Also rabbits.

When i first came to my OH's house his black cat Eoin (passed away now) was in the window behind the sofa and i didnt know. I heard something coming from behind the curtains which was like no sound of a cat because it didnt have a voice box....i was across the room like a shot and my OH has never let me live that down.

then i was introduced to fintan and from then on i loved cats cos he was so friendly!

So if i can get used to them im sure anyone can lol.

munron
07-Dec-09, 20:23
I want your cat! She's a doll!

She is not a doll, she is evil and homes in on me the minute I set foot in the shed - she stalks her prey and when I am least expecting it she pounces. It is amazing I have not scared MA to birthing on the spot :)

Your cat is lovely but I prefer your dog - I want a grey / lurcher / whippie but OH wont budge.

How do you think yer kitty would feel being chased by children shouting catty catty and lifting it up etc?

Leanne
07-Dec-09, 20:28
How do you think yer kitty would feel being chased by children shouting catty catty and lifting it up etc?

It copes reasonably well with the dogs doing the playbow-pounce-pin-cat-to-floor. As soon as the game is over Bailey is rubbing his head up their legs! Must get it on vid :)

munron
07-Dec-09, 20:28
So if i can get used to them im sure anyone can lol.

Ha ha Shelley I am afraid my behaviour is deep rooted for no reason at all, I just dont like small things and small things with sharp claws are the worst :) Completely irrational :)

munron
07-Dec-09, 20:31
It copes reasonably well with the dogs doing the playbow-pounce-pin-cat-to-floor. As soon as the game is over Bailey is rubbing his head up their legs! Must get it on vid :)

If you are sure you are wanting to rehome Leanne I can come over a look (look, not touch so maybe MA can come with me to protect me ha ha) one day, I can still get a rescue kitten as well. I would like them to have company although I know that cats are not that social but a good teacher for a young one would be good (I think).

Leanne
07-Dec-09, 22:06
If you are sure you are wanting to rehome Leanne I can come over a look (look, not touch so maybe MA can come with me to protect me ha ha) one day, I can still get a rescue kitten as well. I would like them to have company although I know that cats are not that social but a good teacher for a young one would be good (I think).

Just need to talk it over with my other half. He wasn't ever supposed to be a barn cat and we never planned on rehoming him (all our animals are with us for life). But at the end of the day the cat hates me :( Don't know why - my other cat thinks I'm the bees knees...

Where abouts are you by the way? Are you away from the main road?

munron
07-Dec-09, 22:18
We are in Weydale BUT it is a fast single track road right beside the shed. Honest Leanne thinking about it I would be sick if anything happened to him, maybe he is happy just pootling around your place. I am in no rush and I can wait until the right kitties come up.

Liz
07-Dec-09, 23:23
Oh what a beautiful cat Leanne and great photos!

I love your dog's ears!:lol:

I know Munron and her family would be really good to him but it sounds like he has a wonderful home with you.

BINBOB
07-Dec-09, 23:35
Just need to talk it over with my other half. He wasn't ever supposed to be a barn cat and we never planned on rehoming him (all our animals are with us for life). But at the end of the day the cat hates me :( Don't know why - my other cat thinks I'm the bees knees...

Where abouts are you by the way? Are you away from the main road?

Awww........please keep him,there are so many homeless cats around and he looks so at home and lovely.Please.please keep him.:(

BalmoreSSPCA
07-Dec-09, 23:42
Hi Munron

How about two gorgeous cats that have been used to being outside and are great hunters. They are lovely cats and very friendly. Their picture is in the rehoming section at the top of the page. They are called Bob and Tigger. Hope you like them. Cheers

Audrey

munron
08-Dec-09, 07:46
Hi Audrey

Do you think they will cope with living outside? In the shed. I couldnt take them in the house but if they are happy outside I will mention it to OH.

Cheers

Leanne
08-Dec-09, 13:47
OH says no way. There are lots of other cats that need rehoming and if my boy is happy just being fed and not inside then I guess he's OK. He's a good boy and is actually friendlier when he is out (think he just likes to be able to run if he wants).

I hope you find a kitty :)

BINBOB
08-Dec-09, 16:10
OH says no way. There are lots of other cats that need rehoming and if my boy is happy just being fed and not inside then I guess he's OK. He's a good boy and is actually friendlier when he is out (think he just likes to be able to run if he wants).

I hope you find a kitty :)

So happy he is staying....bless.;)