PDA

View Full Version : blue moon

trix
06-Dec-09, 20:11
there will be a blue moon later 'iss month....

'iss is when there are 2 full moons in 'e same month. there is a full moon every 29 an a half days.
'e last full moon wis on wednesday mornin aboot half 7am, which wis 'e second o' december, so 'e next full moon wil be on.... hogmany, choost before half 7pm - ats prity cool i think :D

there is also goin til be an eclipse o' 'e moon too. no sure if 'e moon is up by half 7 so i da ken if we'l get til see'ed.

'e blue moon is a time for spontaneity an imagination, do something new an unexpected.
its a time til release your inhibitions an let go o' fears that limit or constrict ye, an explore a new way of being.
release negative memories, emotions and habits that hold ye back.

hunter's moon, anchestor moon, moon of the dead,
let go of limitations, welcome innovations instead,
cybele, circe, nephthys, hel,
in change is goodness an wishin well.

- Dallas Jennifer Cobb

Moira
06-Dec-09, 21:08
Thanks for that Trix - very interesting.

I have my own theories about Full Moons which have been borne out by my own investigations, experiences and beliefs. Your suggestion sounds much more upbeat however. I just hope that the " time for spontaneity and imagination etc." on Hogmanay this year doesn't end in tears and several blue moons for some. :)

Incidentally, I remember a wee musical band called "Blue Moon" from a few years ago. I used to really enjoy their music but I can't remember, for the life of me, the names of the individual members. Can you ask your Dad to drop me a PM and put me out of my misery? Cheers Trix. :)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
06-Dec-09, 23:26
Thanks for that Trix - very interesting.

I have my own theories about Full Moons which have been borne out by my own investigations, experiences and beliefs. Your suggestion sounds much more upbeat however. I just hope that the " time for spontaneity and imagination etc." on Hogmanay this year doesn't end in tears and several blue moons for some. :)

Incidentally, I remember a wee musical band called "Blue Moon" from a few years ago. I used to really enjoy their music but I can't remember, for the life of me, the names of the individual members. Can you ask your Dad to drop me a PM and put me out of my misery? Cheers Trix. :)

Remember Blue Moon the band,Moira.Moosie was on drums,not sure about the rest.

I hope there is a blue full moon,a pair of boobs printed on the moon for all to see.Sure wid be blue,I could say something dirtier,but its the Friendly Org so I'll keep that thought to masel.:)

Moira
06-Dec-09, 23:37
Thanks for that Cedric. My memory is a lot older than yours, hence the haziness. I wouldn't have known their nicknames anyhow.

Kevin Milkins
07-Dec-09, 00:27
Good info Trix. I often wondered where that saying came from.:)

trix
07-Dec-09, 00:29
Can you ask your Dad to drop me a PM and put me out of my misery? Cheers Trix. :)

i will do moira aye, il say it til him in 'e mornin :)

trix
07-Dec-09, 00:34
Good info Trix. I often wondered where that saying came from.:)

a blue moon occurs every 2.7 years kev, think its really cool that its happenin on hogmany. lots o' witches all over britian will be oot wi their broomsticks 'iss new year :)

crayola
07-Dec-09, 01:02
A Blue Moon coinciding with Hogmanay is a rare event and it makes for an extraordinary Esbat.

Moira
07-Dec-09, 01:31
Rare indeed!

achingale
08-Dec-09, 11:14
Thanks for that trix. I will be watching on Hogmanay as long as there are no clouds in the sky of course.

sjr014
16-Dec-09, 22:46
Does that depend on how many alcoholic bevereges consumed?!

Kevin Milkins
16-Dec-09, 23:55
I suspect that by midnight on hogmanay I should be in a perfect position to observe the blue moon.;):roll:

trix
17-Dec-09, 01:03
Thanks for that trix. I will be watching on Hogmanay as long as there are no clouds in the sky of course.

keep yer eyes peeled, ye mite see one o' ma friends ;)

Anji
30-Dec-09, 17:52
I hope trix doesn't mind me bumping this up to the top, just to remind everybody about the blue moon tomorrow night.

trix
30-Dec-09, 19:58
thanks anji.

hev ye seen 'e moon enite? isnt she beautiful??

gona start preparations for ma next witchy project...i hev a dying flooer and 7 twigs from 7 trees...which wis collected over 7 nights.

now, how the hell am i gona get some seaweed before tomorrow nite, withoot breakin ma neck :confused
time til call in some resources, me thinks - DAAADDD!!!!!!!!!!

last time i underwent major 'witchery stuff' i skailt 'e candle wax, which then cot fire, spread til 'e rose scented tissues, caused a tiny little explosion, which nearly burned 'e hoose doon :eek:

but it did still work..........;)

Liz
30-Dec-09, 19:59
I suspect that by midnight on hogmanay I should be in a perfect position to observe the blue moon.;):roll:

Hee hee. Just make sure you land the right way up Kevin!:lol:

David Banks
30-Dec-09, 21:23
Hee hee. Just make sure you land the right way up Kevin!:lol:

If e don't, e micht 'end up' be'an ae full moon

astroman
31-Dec-09, 02:41
There will also be a partial lunar eclipse on Hogmanay as well as a Blue Moon, making it an even rarer event.
More details at http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=95285

cuddlepop
31-Dec-09, 10:04
This has got a technical term but I cant remember what its called so I'll describe what I saw lastnight.

The moon seemed to have an enormous ring round it,like a huge circle or picture frame...just beautifully "magic" looking.:)

Anji
31-Dec-09, 11:36
thanks anji.

last time i underwent major 'witchery stuff' i skailt 'e candle wax, which then cot fire, spread til 'e rose scented tissues, caused a tiny little explosion, which nearly burned 'e hoose doon :eek:

but it did still work..........;)

Oh well, as long as it worked.......

The moon was beautiful last night, but I'm worried there might be too much cloud cover tonight. Fingers crossed!

Douglas Cowie
31-Dec-09, 13:31
[quote]
Incidentally, I remember a wee musical band called "Blue Moon" from a few years ago. I used to really enjoy their music but I can't remember, for the life of me, the names of the individual members. Can you ask your Dad to drop me a PM and put me out of my misery? Cheers Trix. :o)

The band had a few line up changes but the longest running line up was Jackie Macmaster on vocals and guitar, David Cormack on bass and vocals, Martin Hill on drums and myself, Douglas Cowie on lead guitar.

Now this is the really really spooky part, only ten minutes before reading this thread I had been speaking to David Cormack who is home on holidays for the New Year and we were discussing a reunion gig next Summer as its about twenty years since we last played together. We hope to do a gig in Wick probably in Gala week. Once we have organised everything I will post it on the Org.

crayola
31-Dec-09, 14:42
This has got a technical term but I cant remember what its called so I'll describe what I saw lastnight.

The moon seemed to have an enormous ring round it,like a huge circle or picture frame...just beautifully "magic" looking.:)
Was it one of these, maybe a moon halo?

Moon Light Effects (http://home.hiwaay.net/%7Ekrcool/Astro/moon/moonring/)

cuddlepop
31-Dec-09, 16:45
Was it one of these, maybe a moon halo?

Moon Light Effects (http://home.hiwaay.net/%7Ekrcool/Astro/moon/moonring/)

Yes it was indeed one of those and apparently its been like that for the past few nights.
I drew the short straw and had to walk the dogs so saw it for myself.
Thanks crayola.:)

you
31-Dec-09, 17:15
Hi. I was always told that it would be frosty if there was a ring around the moon. Too true so far!!!

JAWS
01-Jan-10, 10:03
I always understood that the halo round the moon was caused by small ice crystals in the upper atmosphere which resulted from it being frosty.