PDA

View Full Version : dragonforce

rangers1873
06-Dec-09, 13:06
were any others orgers at the gig last night,what a gig it was all four bands gave it everything and were really enjoying themselves and got the crowd going, dragonforce were brilliant , that hermin li is some guitarist and the singer has a amazing voice, cant wait for trivium in march hopefully it will be just as good

David B
07-Dec-09, 14:34
I took my son to the gig. It was a great night out and a pleasant surprise. 4 bands for £16 is also good VFM.

I actually thought Sabaton were the best band of the evening.

Some impressive mosh pit action going on. Alas, I am too old for all that, but I did get bumped into a few times.

I'm still deaf this morning.

I've seen Trivium before and am unlikely to go and see them again. However, Live Wire are at the Ironworks in March. They are a fantastic AC/DC tribute. They have 2 singers - one for each era. I recommend them.

onecalledk
07-Dec-09, 14:48
bumped into the drummer in the car park behind the venue earlier in the day, wasnt there for the gig at night though although the sound check sounded good (from the car park anyway ...)

have seen Trivium when they supported Iron Maiden and they were awful. Swearing every second word whilst punching your fist in the air does NOT make you a rock star, especially if you shout out of tune to your songs, glad i hadnt paid to see them as a headline. In comparison Iron Maiden were amazing...

K .

rangers1873
07-Dec-09, 19:01
I took my son to the gig. It was a great night out and a pleasant surprise. 4 bands for £16 is also good VFM.

I actually thought Sabaton were the best band of the evening.

Some impressive mosh pit action going on. Alas, I am too old for all that, but I did get bumped into a few times.

I'm still deaf this morning.

I've seen Trivium before and am unlikely to go and see them again. However, Live Wire are at the Ironworks in March. They are a fantastic AC/DC tribute. They have 2 singers - one for each era. I recommend them.

i agree with you about sabaton they were magic. everyone of the band played with a smile on there face, and my hearing is just starting to get back to normal. my son got a picture taken with one of there guitarist at the end of the night and he got a high five from him as well.i have my tickets for livewire and also got my tickets to see airbourne at glasgow in april saw them last november and they were brilliant, ill just have to hope trivium have one of there better nights only bought tickets as my son wanted to see them.

Connor.
08-Dec-09, 14:14
I was at it with my girlfriend. It was a great night, wasn't too impressed with Dragonforce however i do agree with Sabaton being best of the night. That was originally the only band i wanted to see when i went down. They had the crowd going really well and as you said there was mosh pits and circle pits, it was pretty crazy. Good night and my throat is still sore from all the shouting and screaming :eek:

David B
08-Dec-09, 14:27
i agree with you about sabaton they were magic. everyone of the band played with a smile on there face, and my hearing is just starting to get back to normal. my son got a picture taken with one of there guitarist at the end of the night and he got a high five from him as well.i have my tickets for livewire and also got my tickets to see airbourne at glasgow in april saw them last november and they were brilliant, ill just have to hope trivium have one of there better nights only bought tickets as my son wanted to see them.

I saw Trivium when they supported Maiden. They were ok - expect more mosh pit action - but I don't think they have developed an original sound. When I hear them on Kerrang there is nothing unique about them. However, my son thinks they are great and that I am just a boring old fart. He's half right.