PDA

View Full Version : Dear me.

Gleber2
23-Apr-06, 18:56
It seems the days of free speech and free elephants are over.We have at the helm, some-one who sees honest statements as sly digs and has stated that I shut up or leave. See my last post in the thread about thread closed.

For those who would rejoice and those who will be sad and all the others in between, Goodbye.

unicorn
23-Apr-06, 19:01
I for one will be very sad to see you go, your humour is light relief after a long day. It's a shame we all must be so serious all the time.

star glazer
23-Apr-06, 19:06
It seems the days of free speech and free elephants are over.We have at the helm, some-one who sees honest statements as sly digs and has stated that I shut up or leave. See my last post in the thread about thread closed.

For those who would rejoice and those who will be sad and all the others in between, Goodbye.

Goodbye elephant man and good riddance, hip hip hooray!!!!:lol: :lol:

changilass
23-Apr-06, 19:08
When you have a kid screaming in one ear and a couple of dogs barking in the other, its nice to bury your head in the laptop and have a wee chuckle, sorry to hear you are leaving

connieb19
23-Apr-06, 19:08
Goodbye elephant man and good riddance, hip hip hooray!!!! :lol:Maybe someone should start a poll. I don't want him to go...:(

changilass
23-Apr-06, 19:09
Goodbye elephant man and good riddance, hip hip hooray!!!!:lol: :lol:

Is that nastiness really called for?

killarifts
23-Apr-06, 19:10
tut tut,have we been upsetting people again gleber

unicorn
23-Apr-06, 19:11
Nastyness seems ok these days, it's humour where the problem lays.

star glazer
23-Apr-06, 19:14
Is that nastiness really called for?
yes.[evil]

Oddquine
23-Apr-06, 19:16
yes.[evil]

Why? :confused:

DW
23-Apr-06, 19:17

Come on G2, don't give up like this, make a trunk call to Ganesh.

Don't give a (ma)hoot for the threats, just stick around for the laffs.

star glazer
23-Apr-06, 19:19
You would be better joining Gleber2's private elephant forum, where egos are as big as trunks.

Chobbersjnr
23-Apr-06, 19:22
Why? :confused:

it's seems to be the qualifications you need to be an orger

humerlous, nasty, elephant hating oh the list goes on

I read this forum because of the humour, the topics I like to debate a drastically small percentage of you are actually interested in (anyone for double tracking or the best mic placement to record my pachyderm??)

so I'm a member of a recording forum

I love comedy, Spike Milligan is my hero & for the last wee while the org has been as entertaining as anything on TV............what's happening people

Cjnr

The Enigma
23-Apr-06, 19:29
What is it with this place? So many seemingly harmless threads seem to end up with people getting upset, upsetting others, being banned, or leaving???

Chobbersjnr
23-Apr-06, 19:32
What is it with this place? So many seemingly harmless threads seem to end up with people getting upset, upsetting others, being banned, or leaving???

good question & it always seems to be the funniest & most interesting posters

The Enigma
23-Apr-06, 19:50
Shame... I was enjoying all that elephant stuff too!

I post on other forums as well, and sure, theres arguments and things go off topic, etc, but never with the drastic results there are here.

Ah well, never a dull moment I suppose...

elaine
23-Apr-06, 20:19
Why is he off in the huff?

He didn't even get sent to jail!

teuchter
23-Apr-06, 20:35
Gleber2 come back all is forgiven. The elephant is dead, long live humour. If there's going to be no laughs allowed this forum could become a very depressing place to visit. We desperately need to have a little humour thrown in as well as serious discussions, so think about it and return with some fun in your heart and some mischief at your fingertips.

Bingobabe
23-Apr-06, 21:09
Dont leave i enjoy reading your posts they are amusing and witty[lol] :lol: people tend to get upset over nothing these days.

jings00
23-Apr-06, 21:24
Naw, don't go !

Cedric Farthsbottom III
23-Apr-06, 21:43
Gleber2.......ya eejit.Ye love your elephants and whats wrong wi' that?You are saying your goodbyes,why?Because not everybody agrees on the org.If all the folk who didnae agree on a subject left,all that oor visitors would see in the forum was a few windy bushes blowing across the Berriedale Braes.

A note to folk who have been lurking out the past few weeks.There is more haggis in Caithness than Elephants.....I won't say there aren't any elephants,as folk a hundred miles down the line believe their is a monster in their loch........or is there???????[para] [para]

So do as I do on the org.Remember Bullseye,the Jim Bowen years.

"Keep out of the black and into the red,
Ye get nothing in the org wi' elephants misplaced in a thread."

Chobbersjnr
23-Apr-06, 21:52
Gleber2.......ya eejit.Ye love your elephants and whats wrong wi' that?You are saying your goodbyes,why?Because not everybody agrees on the org.If all the folk who didnae agree on a subject left,all that oor visitors would see in the forum was a few windy bushes blowing across the Berriedale Braes.

A note to folk who have been lurking out the past few weeks.There is more haggis in Caithness than Elephants.....I won't say there aren't any elephants,as folk a hundred miles down the line believe their is a monster in their loch........or is there???????[para] [para]

LMAO

the lochness hefalump............

Gleber2
23-Apr-06, 22:45

In spite of popular belief, it is not the elephant, per se, that is the root of the dispute. I was told to sling my hook if I didn't like the way that the adminisraters ran the Org
I dared to openly criticise a decision made by the Admin and was accused of making sly digs which just isn't true. The sly digs were statements of fact and not sly at all. We are not allowed to state an opinion about day to day events in this cyber reality if we disagree with the Gods. No, I do not like the way they run the org and I will have to follow Mr. Fernies advice. He leaves me no choice.

Rheghead
23-Apr-06, 23:09
I was told to sling my hook if I didn't like the way that the adminisraters ran the Org..... I will have to follow Mr. Fernies advice. He leaves me no choice.

Take my advice,(it worked for me) take a wee break for a week or two, swallow your pride and then come back or decide not to come back. This may buy you time for some contemplation if you find it hard to take criticism.

golach
23-Apr-06, 23:34

Stop being a bliddy big bairn, and climb oot o your pram and fetch your toys back, ...what an attitude for a grown man, you have pushed and pushed the Admin for ages, when they slap your wrist you throw a tantrum....well if thats the way you want to play...its your loss owld one, we will live in peace without ye and CCWS will grow and grow. So long o owld mate......see you when you come to your senses [mad]

Chobbersjnr
23-Apr-06, 23:36
I don't find it hard to take honest criticism Rheghead. In fact I ask for it and always have taken it, in reality and cyber reality. This thing has happened, not because I was criticised, but because I dared to criticise what Chobbersjnr dubbed the Godistration.I thank you, however, for your wise advice.

Rheghead, Chobbersjnr is my son, I forgot that I had logged out and he on. Sorry for the confusion.

Moira
23-Apr-06, 23:43
Stop being a bliddy big bairn, and climb oot o your pram and fetch your toys back, ...what an attitude for a grown man, you have pushed and pushed the Admin for ages, when they slap your wrist you throw a tantrum....well if thats the way you want to play...its your loss owld one, we will live in peace without ye and CCWS will grow and grow. So long o owld mate......see you when you come to your senses

Well Golach - don't hold back any - just say what you think will you ;) The least you could do since Gleber2 is your "owld mate" is pick up some of the toys for him - maybe see if you can find his "dummy" too :p

kwbrown111
23-Apr-06, 23:50
where's the harm in a bit of humour (maybe some mis-directed). come on lighten up people life's to short

fred
23-Apr-06, 23:52
In spite of popular belief, it is not the elephant, per se, that is the root of the dispute. I was told to sling my hook if I didn't like the way that the adminisraters ran the Org
I dared to openly criticise a decision made by the Admin and was accused of making sly digs which just isn't true. The sly digs were statements of fact and not sly at all. We are not allowed to state an opinion about day to day events in this cyber reality if we disagree with the Gods. No, I do not like the way they run the org and I will have to follow Mr. Fernies advice. He leaves me no choice.

The moderators have some very hard decisions to make, it's a very difficult and thankless job, no matter what you do half the forum is going to be against you, no matter who you suspend they will have some friends to condemn you, it's more often than not a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

If people really do like this forum as much as they say they do then then I think the least we can do support the moderators and if you do disagree with one of their decissions PM them instead of trying to bully them into submission in public, would make their jobs a hell of a lot easier not having every decission tried in a kangaroo court here.

kwbrown111
23-Apr-06, 23:55
sorry i'm not really trying to bully but what's the harm in a bit of humour as i said lifes to short

Chobbersjnr
24-Apr-06, 00:01
Stop being a bliddy big bairn, and climb oot o your pram and fetch your toys back, ...what an attitude for a grown man, you have pushed and pushed the Admin for ages, when they slap your wrist you throw a tantrum....well if thats the way you want to play...its your loss owld one, we will live in peace without ye and CCWS will grow and grow. So long o owld mate......see you when you come to your senses [mad]

fetch your toys back & throw them at golach:lol:

kwbrown111
24-Apr-06, 00:02
just an after thought why was discrimination allowed in posts about so called tinks yet humour isn't. i replied about these topics and i got a warning

Chobbersjnr
24-Apr-06, 00:16
just an after thought why was discrimination allowed in posts about so called tinks yet humour isn't. i replied about these topics and i got a warning

hmmm here's wondering

kwbrown111
24-Apr-06, 00:20
what's the wondering about

kwbrown111
24-Apr-06, 00:21
Is discrimination allowed

changilass
24-Apr-06, 00:25
Is discrimination allowed

Do we really need to start this one up again, it was hashed out on a previous thread and all that happened was that it got out of hand.

Chobbersjnr
24-Apr-06, 00:29

allowed as much as humour

canuck
24-Apr-06, 01:46

You included me in the community when you declared me a heeder, you posted poetry for me, you always read what I had to write, you took me seriously or laughed at my jokes. Because of that I was persistant in working around the elephants and in so doing discovered insights that opened my mind to new ideas, maybe new ways to see our world. Thanks.

Ganesh
24-Apr-06, 02:00
Gleber2 come back all is forgiven. The elephant is dead, long live humour. If there's going to be no laughs allowed this forum could become a very depressing place to visit. We desperately need to have a little humour thrown in as well as serious discussions, so think about it and return with some fun in your heart and some mischief at your fingertips.

Thank you Gleber2 you have brought a light to the end of my search, for you are the only one who has compasssion for an immortal like me,have faith with all your fellow orgers that belive in your sayings. Do not give up now.

Rheghead
24-Apr-06, 09:52
By the way, Ganesh, are you still getting the whole of India in tizz by that trick you did a couple of years ago, when you looked like you were drinking milk out of a mug but you were really dribbling it down your front?;)

fred
24-Apr-06, 10:37
sorry i'm not really trying to bully but what's the harm in a bit of humour as i said lifes to short

I haven't seen any ban on humour, I've seen a few people pretending that the moderators banned humour so they can have a go at them but I haven't seen any ban on humour.

I saw a serious thread about Tescos taken over by a small group of people who would rather talk about something else and talk about it in as many threads as possible. I saw when the thread was no longer about Tescos it was locked and quite rightly, we are all diffferent and like to talk about different things it just isn't fair for one small group of people to force what they want onto everyone as who they are and as what they want to talk about.

Basically what happened was that a small group of people didn't like sharing the forum with others, some of the forum they liked but there were a lot of other people wanted to talk about boring things as well and they saw a way they could get rid of them, saw a way to control the forum and make what they wanted not what the others wanted. They formed a gang, with a badge to show they were in the gang, a word they would all use to identify themselves and they would just move in on any thread they didn't like and flood it. Bullying is exactly what was happening, people might not have realised that that was what they were doing but it was, plain and simple.

So you have a gang who thinks they now control caithness.org when all of a sudden a moderator steps in and shows them they don't. What do they do? Try bullying the moderators into leaving them alone by stiring up resentment against them on the forum, call them big brother and control freaks, tell everyone their rights of free speech are being abused, tell everyone the moderators have banned humour when infact they didn't ban anything at all.

golach
24-Apr-06, 12:04
I haven't seen any ban on humour, I've seen a few people pretending that the moderators banned humour so they can have a go at them but I haven't seen any ban on humour.

I saw a serious thread about Tescos taken over by a small group of people who would rather talk about something else and talk about it in as many threads as possible. I saw when the thread was no longer about Tescos it was locked and quite rightly, we are all diffferent and like to talk about different things it just isn't fair for one small group of people to force what they want onto everyone as who they are and as what they want to talk about.

Basically what happened was that a small group of people didn't like sharing the forum with others, some of the forum they liked but there were a lot of other people wanted to talk about boring things as well and they saw a way they could get rid of them, saw a way to control the forum and make what they wanted not what the others wanted. They formed a gang, with a badge to show they were in the gang, a word they would all use to identify themselves and they would just move in on any thread they didn't like and flood it. Bullying is exactly what was happening, people might not have realised that that was what they were doing but it was, plain and simple.

So you have a gang who thinks they now control caithness.org when all of a sudden a moderator steps in and shows them they don't. What do they do? Try bullying the moderators into leaving them alone by stiring up resentment against them on the forum, call them big brother and control freaks, tell everyone their rights of free speech are being abused, tell everyone the moderators have banned humour when infact they didn't ban anything at all.
Not often I agree with you Fred....but there is always a first time for everything and I with you all the way on this posting, I think gang, clique, are too strong terms to use, a bunch is more my opinon, I hope the Tesco issue can be resolved by other means

motopitcrew
25-Apr-06, 03:01
Nastyness seems ok these days, it's humour where the problem lays.

That is exactly what I was thinking.

zebedy
02-May-06, 22:25
MON GLEBER2

hehe

darkie@dreamtilt.com.au
07-May-06, 05:12
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j4/thursorobin/Project1.jpg