PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Cobain

scotsboy
23-Apr-06, 18:08
Any Nirvana/Kurt Cobain fans out there? I caught a docu-movie on telly last night called Curt & Courtney and found it fascinating did a wee bit more research today on the net and am even more intrigued – I was aware that he died under suspicious circumstances but was not aware that the volume of evidence, and matters that require investigation was so great.

http://www.cobaincase.com/

doglover
23-Apr-06, 22:28
A great loss to the music industry and to his many fans....

I thought at the time his death was very suspicious considering he had made an earlier suicide attempt. I did not think much of his wife or the way she treated him, she seemed to put on an act in front of the media. Perhaps she was hoping to promote her own career! Poor man he was troubled and I dont think she helped matters.

ps. I still listen to his music and the words appear to be a cry for help.:(

Jeid
24-Apr-06, 02:58
Got the video. He committed suicide.

Chillie
24-Apr-06, 03:18
Got the video. He committed suicide.
Tried your link does not work, he was good what a waste, sorry old question WHY!?

The Pepsi Challenge
24-Apr-06, 11:21
A nice guy, easily midlead by the trapping of success and a headcase of a wife. Met him at the Southsider Bar, in Edinburgh, once. He asked me if I had any Benilyn.

willowbankbear
24-Apr-06, 11:31
:Razz Smells like teen spirit is in my top five , absolutely brilliant tune

Bingobabe
24-Apr-06, 12:36
Kurt cobain a legend in his own right may he R.I.P

garycs
24-Apr-06, 16:16
One of the all time greats, In Utero is one of the permanent residents of my cars CD changer. Nirvana, and Cobain in particular, had an influence that is still evident in the music of many current groups.

scotsboy
24-Apr-06, 19:11
Is that true Pepsi:) Did he have a cough then;)

Thing I found most disturbing from the film was what a lovely wee lad he was growing up, and the break up of his parents obviously had a huge effect on him, the way he was drawn into drugs was frightening.

As has been mentioned, he seemed to be a guy with a heart and not at all materialistic - good guy.