PDA

View Full Version : Did you know....

Tugmistress
23-Apr-06, 17:19
The first decimal coins were introduced in the United Kingdom on this day in 1968. The new five and ten pence coins were designed to correspond both in size and value to the shillings and florins they would eventually replace when full decimalisation came into effect in 1971.

Kenn
24-Apr-06, 22:41
All those prices to be changed no exact equivalent but then you would be too young to remember that Tuggs!

golach
24-Apr-06, 22:43
All those prices to be changed no exact equivalent but then you would be too young to remember that Tuggs!
Oh the youngsters of today, no wonder the country is in the state it is

Cedric Farthsbottom III
24-Apr-06, 22:56
1971.....the year that wee Cedric popped out to say"hello".Cheers for the memories Tugmistress.:D

Tugmistress
25-Apr-06, 08:12

ok i'll admit i was too young to remember the 1968 bit, but i remember the '71 decimalisation, i got such a shock when my nana gave me some new money to go to the village shop for her like i used to every weekend :D (she used to send me every week prearranged with the shop mannie for her magazine ;) as it was only around the corner in the village where we lived near hull)