PDA

View Full Version : Academy v Brechin

AfternoonDelight
05-Dec-09, 13:19
Latest update - the match is off due to the pitch in Brechin being unplayable...

:~(:~(

AfternoonDelight
05-Dec-09, 13:28
Confirmed -the team bus is on it's way back...

Metalattakk
05-Dec-09, 16:08
Ach, that's disappointing. :(

embow
05-Dec-09, 16:30
Ach, that's disappointing. :(
Aye! and very expensive for a club like the Academy. All the costs to pay out again.

fender
06-Dec-09, 09:38
Who called the game off? The Sunday Post is reporting that it was not the match referee.

I hate to say this but I suspect that if the home team were playing the old firm they would have tried their hardest to get it on. Cynical, who? me!

This shows in my opinion a complete sign of disrespect to Academy by Retch-in.

If the SFA deside that the game has to be played mid week I believe that Academy should ask for a cancellation due to all their players having the 'flu!!!! Who is going to check on that.

I am so angry about this. Just ask Chick Young.

Stack Rock
06-Dec-09, 09:56
Was it you who was on radio Scotland about 5.45 yesterday speaking to Chick? If so well done.
What a wasted journey for all concerned, team & supporters.

fender
06-Dec-09, 10:49
Yes. Guilty as charged. Actually surprised to get through but good criack. Sitting in the Thrumster pub car park speaking to the nation.

jambo
06-Dec-09, 12:41
was down in brechin yesterday for match and all i can say is that i wasnt surprised match was cancelled as rain was pouring down and there was a lot of water on the ground and roads the conditions were bad.

veritas
06-Dec-09, 15:51
Game re-sheduled for Tuesday night at 7-45pm ko

veritas
07-Dec-09, 18:40
According to the Brechin City FC website

"There will be a precautionary pitch inspection at 9.30 am on Tuesday 8th December to see if the re-scheduled Active Nation Scottish Cup tie with Wick will go ahead.
Further rain has fallen on the pitch but the forecast is better for tomorrow so officials are hopeful that the game will go ahead."

cherokee
07-Dec-09, 20:31
Is the match still for tomorrow night at 7.45pm ?

wickscorrie
08-Dec-09, 00:24
Good Luck to everyone involved with Wick (Players, Coaches,and Comittee) for tomorrows game.Lets hope for some community spirit from the Brechin folk to help you get this game played,as by what I have heard they never mucked in to see if they could get the game played.Not like the locals who bent over backwards in there efforts to get the pitch playable for the first game.

embow
08-Dec-09, 07:39
On or off? Hope the water drains away by 7.45pm? Are they going to take a chance and get it given the go ahead at 9.30 then find the water hasn't gone by the time the match ref turns up? It should either simply be off or on at 9.30am.
http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2009/12/08/sportstory14227147t0.asp

AfternoonDelight
08-Dec-09, 12:21
The game has been given the go ahead - let's hope there's no repeat of Saturday's farce!

By the way - it was a LOCAL referee that called the game off. The Brechin management later admitted it was possibly a tad premature and the game might have been able to go ahead. MHM!

Oh - and thanks to the Highland Council discretionary fund for paying for today's bus - very decent! :Razz