PDA

View Full Version : Knox lock-up / Kercher Murder Verdict

Ricco
05-Dec-09, 09:55
No, not Fort Knox.

What do you think of the verdict? Fair or harsh? I have my own opinion - fair and square for a devious pair.

tonkatojo
05-Dec-09, 10:17
The lass should appeal on mental grounds, she surly isn't the full shilling. (diminished responsibility)

Turquoise
05-Dec-09, 12:52
There are people who aren't the full shilling and then others who pretend not to be, when they have committed such an awful crime as this.

Personally, I think she wasn't as daft as she looked, by doing cartwheels while standing waiting to be questioned. Anyone innocent certainly wouldn't be cartwheeling???? She is a nasty piece of work and got what she deserves!

Tubthumper
05-Dec-09, 17:33
I'm a bit puzzled. How can it be that Americans are screeching with indignation at the nerve of the Italians, in sentencing such a sweet innocent US girl to 26 years in the clink for murder, based on such apparently flimsy evidence?
Could they be the same Americans who were screeching with indignation at the nerve of the Scots, for allowing one Abdelbasset Ali Al-Megrahi to go home to die in Libya, having been convicted of murder based on the flimsiest of evidence?
The only good thing is that once again they're going to boycott. Hopefully that means we won't get dragged into another pointless war and our economy won't be destroyed.

Kodiak
05-Dec-09, 21:03
How can any of us sitting here in our homes say whether it was a fair decision or not. We were not in court and we did not hear any evidence and we only got the editied version that the media put out.

So since none of us know the full story not one of us can say if they were guilty or not.

All we can do is to accept the verdict and the sentence.

Rheghead
05-Dec-09, 21:08
How can any of us sitting here in our homes say whether it was a fair decision or not. We were not in court and we did not hear any evidence and we only got the editied version that the media put out.

So since none of us know the full story not one of us can say if they were guilty or not.

We can say they were found to be guilty though.

Boozeburglar
05-Dec-09, 21:55
Guilty or not, she is damn hot! :)

Tubthumper
05-Dec-09, 21:59
That's a bit much, however will she be quite so hot in 26 years?
You might be in luck, she's likely to be desparate for company...

Boozeburglar
05-Dec-09, 22:09
I don't think she will serve 26 years, do you?

..and yes she would still be hot!

:)

trix
05-Dec-09, 22:17

eh?? div ye often fancy bonafide....evil people?? i think ye mite hev a screw loose yersel....!

The lass should appeal on mental grounds, she surly isn't the full shilling. (diminished responsibility)

but then, how do ye seperate who is a mental case an who is choost bad bad bad...?
'at wid mean that whoever wis bad bad bad wis indeed a mental case, because they da abide by 'e rules o' society.

its a very thin line i think....

northener
05-Dec-09, 23:46
I'm a bit puzzled. How can it be that Americans are screeching with indignation at the nerve of the Italians, in sentencing such a sweet innocent US girl to 26 years in the clink for murder, based on such apparently flimsy evidence?
Could they be the same Americans who were screeching with indignation at the nerve of the Scots, for allowing one Abdelbasset Ali Al-Megrahi to go home to die in Libya, having been convicted of murder based on the flimsiest of evidence?
The only good thing is that once again they're going to boycott. Hopefully that means we won't get dragged into another pointless war and our economy won't be destroyed.

Now, now, Tubs. Don't you know that the good 'ole USofA is the only country in the world that is capable of having a fair trial of Americans?

Anyone outside the US is incapable of reaching a just and fair decision where there are US interests (if the verdict goes against US interest, that is). If the verdict agrees with US opinion then the sentancing country can have a 'special relationship' with the US......lucky them.....

Rheghead
06-Dec-09, 00:04
Now, now, Tubs. Don't you know that the good 'ole USofA is the only country in the world that is capable of having a fair trial of Americans?

Anyone outside the US is incapable of reaching a just and fair decision where there are US interests (if the verdict goes against US interest, that is). If the verdict agrees with US opinion then the sentancing country can have a 'special relationship' with the US......lucky them.....

Same applies to Britain, remember that british girl who got done for shaking that baby to death in the US? She was immediately released from custody because of the international pressure put on the court.

Tubthumper
06-Dec-09, 00:09
Same applies to Britain, remember that british girl who got done for shaking that baby to death in the US? She was immediately released from custody because of the international pressure put on the court.
Forgot about her. Was she actually found guilty?

golach
06-Dec-09, 00:13

This is a perfect example of that

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1231315/Home-Secretary-rejects-Gary-McKinnons-ditch-appeal-U-S-extradition-despite-doctors-warning-hell-kill-himself.html

Stavro
06-Dec-09, 02:16

You have plumbed the depths with that remark, Boozleburger.

Very, very poor. :(

Rheghead
06-Dec-09, 02:23
Forgot about her. Was she actually found guilty?

I believe she was because she returned to UK and said she was gonna clear her name on appeal. At least that is how I remember it.

trix
06-Dec-09, 07:01
wis'ed louise woodward?

Ricco
06-Dec-09, 09:35
Now, now chaps and chapesses - lets not knox a nation. I merely enquired about the lass (hot totty or not), not her countrymen. There are millions of fine Americans, I'm sure. Remember - no nation has a clean bill of health.... well, the Swiss maybe.

Hopefully they will serve the full term of their sentences; once they are out they should marry each other and then their torment will continue. ;)

horseman
06-Dec-09, 10:58
I reckon that the correct verdict came up.
The case was amply viewed thru' all media options.
So now it will deteriorate into usa -v the world.. Sidestepping a young lass being 'slaughtered' during a very nasty (fuelled bye what I do not know)sexual session. Most of us manage to contain, our baser emotions an those who do not must take the penalties. Awfully blase' comment I know but it is my gut feeling in this case:~(

Setanta
06-Dec-09, 23:26

Why? we could ignore it

No, not Fort Knox.

What do you think of the verdict? Fair or harsh? I have my own opinion - fair and square for a devious pair.

Going by the evidence I think the sentence is way to harsh but having said that I think it will be overturned on appeal