PDA

View Full Version : Boxing rabbit?

Korky
05-Dec-09, 09:17
i have a 6 month old rabbit that i acquired now for about a month. She was doing great but recently if i go open her hutch and put my hand in she grunts and tries to box me, and also to my husband.

I take her in the house almost everyday for a few hours where she hops about quite happily and likes being stroked and is just brilliant around my 2 kid and no grunting or boxing.

Anyone any ideas or advise on how i can resolve this?

unicorn
05-Dec-09, 10:53
she has become sexually mature and is becoming hutch aggressive due to this, don't pull your hand away when she comes at you as thats what she wants. neutering her would sort out this problem.

Korky
05-Dec-09, 12:10
Thanks for that! hubbie was sayin she had to go but i can explain to him too now-(she is lovely but he was worried she may hurt girls,) phew - thanks again.

unicorn
05-Dec-09, 12:38
Giving her a teddy can also help, give it a try before neutering.

sweetpea
05-Dec-09, 13:06
I agree give her a teddy, 2 of mine have teddies. If any of them are bad in the house I put them back to their hutches and say 'no' then they learn that if they do it they are put home.

Korky
05-Dec-09, 17:51
Ok i will give that a try - not like we havent got loads of teddies in the house already! Im sure my girls wont miss one!! Thanks for advice

purplelady
06-Dec-09, 00:31
Have to agree with the teddy bear worked with our bunny she was a nitemare xxxxxxx