PDA

View Full Version : Is spring here?

unicorn
23-Apr-06, 13:47
Has spring finally arrived? Can we now hang out the washing without it getting soaked 10 minutes later? And is it true that a shower of rain actually makes your clothes softer when they are drying? Also what law says that when I painted outdoors yesterday it then rained but today I don't have time to paint and it is a beautiful day???

angela5
23-Apr-06, 13:51
Has spring finally arrived? Can we now hang out the washing without it getting soaked 10 minutes later? And is it true that a shower of rain actually makes your clothes softer when they are drying? Also what law says that when I painted outdoors yesterday it then rained but today I don't have time to paint and it is a beautiful day???

Is'nt it a super day unicorn for hanging out the washing..no sign of any rain clouds:p nothing better than washing swaying back and forward on the line;)
it can be so annoying when it rains and you have outdoor work to do.(the joys).

unicorn
23-Apr-06, 13:58
It is very annoying as it now has to be repainted as when the sun hits it, the paintwork is full of lots of small spots.

Billy Boy
23-Apr-06, 16:49
at last i think it's here. i got the first cut of grass today it was nice to get the smell of freshly cut grass again after month's of hibernation. long may it last?:grin:

cuddlepop
23-Apr-06, 16:50
If i ignore the snow on the cullens then spring has sprung.....
We,ve got a beautiful day here to as ling as you stay out the wind its bitting :p

The Enigma
23-Apr-06, 18:24
I saw swallows for the first time this year yesterday, flying around above the river (Thurso). Thats a sure sign spring is here or at least well on its way :grin:

Errogie
26-Apr-06, 18:14
I heard my first cuckoo in Lochaber on Friday the 21st.

stekar
26-Apr-06, 20:28
Put the washing out for the first time this year today, lovely day with a gentle breeze.

Next time I looked there were hailstones rattling down!

Got soaked bringing the washing in.....lol!

Geo
27-Apr-06, 12:08
Spring is trying its best but with the heavy hail showers yesterday the winter isn't giving up easily.

Whitewater
27-Apr-06, 15:53
I've attempted a couple of games of bowls, but it is still too cold even if you can stand the hail stones.

fred
29-Apr-06, 12:21
Yes, that's it, I heard it today, the first lawnmower of spring.

And in the distance I'm sure I heard that distinctive call of a strimmer.

Another long winter is over and once again the countryside reverberates with the sounds of summer.

obiron
29-Apr-06, 18:18
def ken its spring cos the fire goes off and the weather gets cold and the jumpers go on and the thick blanket is ready for going on my bed.

unicorn
29-Apr-06, 20:54
Did anyone else get sunburned today? my daughter has a bonny rosie red face lol and my cheeks are burned......

teuchter
29-Apr-06, 21:01
That'll teach you not to wave your bum out the window.

unicorn
29-Apr-06, 21:09
on my face!!

teuchter
29-Apr-06, 21:16
Well you never stated which set. And it is a Saturday night, the alcohol is flowing, and the imagination is running riot. I apoligies , but i still think the burned bum is funnier.