PDA

View Full Version : Thread closed

ice box
23-Apr-06, 13:18
Well i see the tesco poll thread has been closed and i for one would of like to post on the poll but for some reason i couldn't because some people think that elephant are the main topic of the forum .Don't get me wrong i like a laugh at the best of times but don't you think you lot are taken it too far that threads are getting closed because of it .:Razz

Gleber2
23-Apr-06, 13:26
A topic becomes what the posters make it. Many threads go off topic and don't get closed. Why this one? If enough orgers want to joke about elephants why should big brother decide to lock it. A fair number of people have loosened up and joined the fun and apart from disputes about buzzards, there has hardly been an argument on the board since the elephant was invented. Loosen up,admin.

angela5
23-Apr-06, 13:28
Well i see the tesco poll thread has been closed and i for one would of like to post on the poll but for some reason i couldn't because some people think that elephant are the main topic of the forum .Don't get me wrong i like a laugh at the best of times but don't you think you lot are taken it too far that threads are getting closed because of it .

Are you suffering from a memory problem this morning ice-box:p jeepers what's wrong this morning......:confused: laugh and the world laughs with you!!!!

unicorn
23-Apr-06, 13:34
Ok no more humerous posts from me at all, I shall stick to absolutely serious..

angela5
23-Apr-06, 13:36
Ok no more humerous posts from me at all, I shall stick to absolutely serious..

me too! i'm going to try and be serious...ouch! it's gonna hurt![lol] [lol]

ice box
23-Apr-06, 13:42
Memory is fine i just want tesco .

ice box
23-Apr-06, 13:44
O no! there comin to get me what have i done .

angela5
23-Apr-06, 13:44
Memory is fine i just want tesco .

Your not alone..i'm sure there will be other chances for you to vote.

ice box
23-Apr-06, 13:48
Your not alone..

i know there out side knocking n the windows ....

scorrie
23-Apr-06, 13:51
A topic becomes what the posters make it. Many threads go off topic and don't get closed. Why this one? If enough orgers want to joke about elephants why should big brother decide to lock it. A fair number of people have loosened up and joined the fun and apart from disputes about buzzards, there has hardly been an argument on the board since the elephant was invented. Loosen up,admin.

If enough orgers want to joke about elephants then simply start a thread called Elephant Jokes. You can all post away till your heart's content then and we can all observe how many posts it takes before nausea sets in. The way I see it is that it is not the elephant jokes that are supposed to be funny, it is the barging into another thread, and talking over other people, that is the source of amusement. I love humour and encourage it to be brought to this board in spades. Let's, however, keep it in its rightful place and, above all, let's have some fresh and original material and stop wringing a stone that dried up some time ago.

krieve
23-Apr-06, 14:13
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j85/kriever/gpalacea35.gif http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j85/kriever/154.gif

changilass
23-Apr-06, 14:16
If enough orgers want to joke about elephants then simply start a thread called Elephant Jokes. You can all post away till your heart's content then and we can all observe how many posts it takes before nausea sets in. The way I see it is that it is not the elephant jokes that are supposed to be funny, it is the barging into another thread, and talking over other people, that is the source of amusement. I love humour and encourage it to be brought to this board in spades. Let's, however, keep it in its rightful place and, above all, let's have some fresh and original material and stop wringing a stone that dried up some time ago.

This has beEn used on numerous occasions as a way to diffuse what couLd bEcome a very heated arguament, in which case the thread would be Pulled anyway. I will However, try not to mAke too maNy references To the above.

scorrie
23-Apr-06, 14:30
This has beEn used on numerous occasions as a way to diffuse what couLd bEcome a very heated arguament, in which case the thread would be Pulled anyway. I will However, try not to mAke too maNy references To the above.

What a fantastic tactic. Perhaps if we send leaflets of elephant gags into Iraq then all the trouble will stop.

I find it a bit puzzling that the people who were supporting heated debate on the boards are also the same ones diffusing potential heated debates with the use of hilarious and infinitely entertaining elephant gags. Why not simply employ a scouse accent and say "Aright, CAAAAALM DOWWN" instead?

Gleber2
23-Apr-06, 15:05
Nothing wrong with heated debate as long as it doesn't get personal and petty. This elephant agitator looks for serious debate, not nescessarily heated. As all have noticed, the org has been pretty quiet the last while and the pachyderm, for some, has been the only point of interest to brighten up our drab days. It's like getting slapped in the face wi a deid buzzard, it's great when it stops. OK, serious shall be my middle name from here on as we don't want to see serious threads being locked. Ahm off till 'e gulag!!!

golach
23-Apr-06, 15:20

Scorrie
I agree with you on this point, the Tesco Poll was a serious posting and I feel sorry for Robin who origionally posted the poll. And I feels ashamed in a way for the infantile elephant jokes that took over, I believe this was probably due to it being a Saturday night and excess of Bon Homme or what ever crept in and took over the normally sensible Orgers. I like the Elephant jokes, they have shown that there is humour in CCWS and amongst the Orgers. But keep the Humour where it belongs, and a poll is not a subject for ridicule

Gleber2
23-Apr-06, 16:03
Humour in the mind of the reader, beauty in the eye of the beholder. At no point was anything or anybody ridiculed.

golach
23-Apr-06, 16:10
Humour in the mind of the reader, beauty in the eye of the beholder. At no point was anything or anybody ridiculed.
I disagree owld mate, I thought the Poll & thread WAS ridiculed, the Elephants should be kept in their proper place NOT in a debate about the whys and wherefores of Tesco coming to Wick, but obviously you and I have differing senses of humour and values. But keep taking the humour tablets, one might work one day.

Gleber2
23-Apr-06, 18:50

It seems that Admin are not happy about "my little digs"(quote from PM) and I have been invited to join the other forum or set up my own if I am not happy with the way things are run here. No one is above criticism and on an open forum, statements of fact do not represent little digs unless some-one is on a power trip and believes in his own omnipotence.

fred
23-Apr-06, 19:25
It seems that Admin are not happy about "my little digs"(quote from PM) and I have been invited to join the other forum or set up my own if I am not happy with the way things are run here. No one is above criticism and on an open forum, statements of fact do not represent little digs unless some-one is on a power trip and believes in his own omnipotence.

This chap got invited to a free jaz club, "what do you want me to play?" he asked, "this is a free jaz club" they replied "you play what you want to play".

So he sits at the back of the room playing Bah Bah Black Sheep all evening and never got invited again.

Chobbersjnr
23-Apr-06, 19:30
This chap got invited to a free jaz club, "what do you want me to play?" he asked, "this is a free jaz club" they replied "you play what you want to play".

So he sits at the back of the room playing Bah Bah Black Sheep all evening and never got invited again.

bah, bah it's jazz..........................................jazz & even bah bah blacksheep can be jazzy & humerous & fun to play

DW
23-Apr-06, 19:43

Aye, but they didnae kick him out of the club and take away his trumpet.[lol]

fred
23-Apr-06, 20:22
bah, bah it's jazz..........................................jazz & even bah bah blacksheep can be jazzy & humerous & fun to play

Not when everyone else is playing Sweet Georgia Brown it isn't.

Chobbersjnr
23-Apr-06, 20:23
Not when everyone else is playing Sweet Georgia Brown it isn't.

wanna bet:evil

they laughed Charlie Parker off the stage at first.....................go figure

fred
23-Apr-06, 23:05
wanna bet:evil

they laughed Charlie Parker off the stage at first.....................go figure

No, you've lost me there.

Did he sit playing Bah Bah Black Sheep all evening?

Chobbersjnr
24-Apr-06, 00:32
No, you've lost me there.

Did he sit playing Bah Bah Black Sheep all evening?

he may as well have for the reaction he got

anyway fred this is as off the wall as elephant food in flippin' Tescos' man

get serious or you'll be banned:p [smirk]

ice box
24-Apr-06, 11:39
Ok the reason for this post i put on the closed thread was for the people of the org to understand the seriousness of the tesco poll thread. If someone was going to attend the meeting in thurso college and thought that if they printed of the page of the poll and sent it to the planning committee just to show that they had 90% backing from the caithness and surrounding area supporting the plans. But because of the humor that was posted on it it wouldn't of been taken seriously that was the reason for my post sorry if some people were offended by this but some thing have to be taken seriously at time to time .