PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Shopping - A new concept

maggie
03-Dec-09, 18:30
I know its too late for this year, but if we can get this sorted, then maybe next year will be a totally different ballgame.
The simple ethos - Santa presents for the children would all be the same. All other gifting between consenting adults would be as follows:
At the moment A(you) buys a gift for B(me) and B(me) buys a gift for A(you).
What if A(you) buys a gift for A(you) and B(Me) buys a gift for B(me).
Yes we all buy our own gifts from each other.
Instantly Christmas takes on an entirely different hue. In November and December, no more queues of gloomy, harrassed folks - no the shops would be full of happy smiley people, all buying gifts for ourselves. No more unwanted or useless pressies, no more burden of wondering to buy Auntie Jean, no buying expensive gift wrap and spending hours making beautiful parcels. You just buy lots of gorgeous pressies for "ME" and Auntie Jean and the rest do the same. Sorted.
Then all there is to do, is buy, write and send lovely Christmas cards to all our friends and loved ones. Get to the shops and buy lots of Christmas food and goodies (there will be loads of time to plan and cook it) and settle down to enjoy an peaceful stress free festive season, happy in the knowledge that there are loads of fantastic presents waiting for you on Christmas morning and that you'll love every one!
Hope this takes off. I'm looking forward to Christmas next year already.
Seasons greetings to you all.
Maggie

MSD
03-Dec-09, 20:04
I've got that one beat. You dont buy me anything and I wont buy you anything. Less hassle, no reason to say thankyou, more money in your pocket for the important things in life............Beer.

dirdyweeker
03-Dec-09, 20:09
I love Maggie's idea the most. I would also find someone to invite me for Xmas dinner so I can open all my gorgeous self bought pressies, dine out then come home and enjoy a glass or two of wine surrounded by all i bought.:D

MSD
03-Dec-09, 20:55
that real spirit of christmas eh? greed, the want for crap to fill your house with stuff

Kodiak
04-Dec-09, 15:12
No, No, No, No and just in case you did not understand NO.

This would completely ruin the whole Idea of Christmas Presents. This is Giving and not receiving.