PDA

View Full Version : where can I get metal gates made??

suzy
03-Dec-09, 15:27
Hi, everyone,, who makes metal gates I need 3 small and 2 large. thanks Suzy

groater
03-Dec-09, 16:13
try caithness creels ?

DRM
03-Dec-09, 16:51
John Campbell at the Smiddy at Glengolly is good and reasonable.

Alice in Blunderland
03-Dec-09, 17:11
We got lovely gates mad by the blacksmith at Haster. He was excellent and they were very reasonably priced. :)

daisychain
03-Dec-09, 17:20
Sandy the blacksmith in Watten makes lovely gates

Bobinovich
03-Dec-09, 17:30
John Campbell at the Smiddy at Glengolly is good and reasonable.

Did me a lovely set of gates so highly recommended.

suzy
03-Dec-09, 22:24
thanks everyone, just got to choose who to go for and what they look like.

H
04-Dec-09, 09:21
You could try E & M Engineering down at the Scrabster Business Park.

They have a folder with photographs of gates etc that they have made and installed for other customers.

Phone number is 893702.

poppett
04-Dec-09, 14:09
E & M Engineering are brilliant. Good workmanship and excellent prices. They made the new gates for the West Church in Thurso if you want to check out the quality.

donnick
06-Dec-09, 12:35
sand at watten is a great blcksmith

George
07-Dec-09, 13:35
Hi Suzy,

I would recommend Haster Smiddy, you can contact William anytime on
01955 602532 he'll be able to show you some books to choose your pattern/design from!!

14-Dec-09, 14:53
Don Sutherland Lynnburn Cottage Haster (adjacent to the smiddy) made an excellent set of gates for us, custom designed & no problem. Fitted onsite with closer, hasp and tower bolts. He even painted the existing gate posts to match !!
First class craftmanship and excellent service.

Alice in Blunderland
16-Dec-09, 19:18
Don Sutherland Lynnburn Cottage Haster (adjacent to the smiddy) made an excellent set of gates for us, custom designed & no problem. Fitted onsite with closer, hasp and tower bolts. He even painted the existing gate posts to match !!
First class craftmanship and excellent service.

It was Don who made our gates and he spent so much time in planning them with us and came out a few times just to check on things. :D

J7
17-Dec-09, 13:45
William made gates for us and a beautiful job, excellent rates and dependable!
I believe he does all the Council gates including unique private gates, give him a try 602532!

Good Luck!

snowflakes400
17-Dec-09, 13:54
William made gates for us and a beautiful job, excellent rates and dependable!
I believe he does all the Council gates including unique private gates, give him a try 602532!

Good Luck!

I totally agree William made me a set of galvanised gates custom design they are really nice,he is a really friendly man easy to speak to we didnt have to wait long for the gates either!!We would highly reccomend him.

herenow
17-Dec-09, 14:05
I have to agree with the last 2 posts.

William at Haster made us two gates for the front of our house and they were just what we asked for. The gates were lovely and William was great!

Highly Recommended :)