PDA

View Full Version : Meow or Woof

Invisible
03-Dec-09, 15:10
Here is one to split the orgers - Cats or Dogs which do you prefer as pets (not to eat :lol:)?

Dogs get my vote, lovely companions. Every cat ive been in contact with has scratched me.:mad:

Liz
03-Dec-09, 15:11
Love them both!:D

Connor.
03-Dec-09, 15:23
Cats > Dogs it's a scientific fact.

evelyn
03-Dec-09, 15:25
I'm with Liz on this.
evelyn

changilass
03-Dec-09, 15:26
Dogs everytime.

Cats sit on your knee looking like butter wouldn't melt whilst sticking the claw in - they are evil wee critters that dig up my flower beds and crap in them, dirty critters.

I can think of other reasons but that will do for now.

Invisible
03-Dec-09, 15:30
Cats > Dogs it's a scientific fact.

you take your extremist ideas elsewhere lol :lol: - muhahaha
p.s. this is not a dig at Cat lover, just a progression from a facebook quote.

Phill
03-Dec-09, 16:12
Cats wi' lashings of HP sauce.:Razz
Oh, not to eat!

Dogs then, definitely dogs.

Geo
03-Dec-09, 16:22
Dogs have owners, cats have servants. :)

I like them both but unlikely to get another cat due to the amount we have lost to the road over the years.

NLP
03-Dec-09, 17:08
Have both, can't say I prefer one over the other.

ShelleyCowie
03-Dec-09, 17:09
I like both cats and dogs. I have 2 cats, but have always had dogs in the past. :)

The thing i like about cats - They always like a cuddle.

The thing i like about dogs - Taking them for walks. Get me oot the hoose!

Venture
03-Dec-09, 17:45
It has to be dogs. Moira's signature on the org says it all. ;)

tonkatojo
03-Dec-09, 18:02
I'm with Changi on this one I second her emotions.;) the record was brilliant as well. Smokey Robinson I think LOL.

cuddlepop
03-Dec-09, 18:08
I'm a doggy person much more fun to have around.:D

Shelly, you should meet our wee collie she acts just like a cat cuddled up beside you on the sofa wanting here ears stroked,we're waiting for the day she starts purring.:lol:

Joefitz
03-Dec-09, 18:15
The Egyptians worshipped Bastet, the Cat Goddess, and look what happened to them!!!

Fran
04-Dec-09, 01:31
I love both, always used to have one of each. Cant be without my dog, a great companion and keeps my back warm as he lies next to me!!

teenybash
04-Dec-09, 01:39
So hard to chose that I can't. I love cats for their independant ways and dogs for their kindness in being trusted friends.
Nope can't chose as I love both my cats and three doggies...............:D

chocolatechip
04-Dec-09, 01:44
I have both and 4 gerbils and a rabbit!!

Rheghead
04-Dec-09, 01:46
Cats for me. Dogs just love you for what they can get out of you. :)

Big Jean
04-Dec-09, 01:49
Cats, cats, and more cats, for me . All indoor mind, so no digging in other folk's gardens .

Metalattakk
04-Dec-09, 01:55
It all comes down to what you were brought up with, I believe.

As a child, there was always a cat around. We never had dogs at all. Consequently, I understand cats - they way they behave and react, and why, and what their needs are - much more than dogs.

I don't dislike dogs, I just don't understand them. I dare say they don't understand me either. :D

The other thing about having a dog is that, because I was never brought up with one, I could never be able to trust myself to train one properly. I see, all around me, people who barely have a basic control of their dogs.

I'll stick with what I understand, if that's all right with you. ;)

sweetpea
04-Dec-09, 12:29
I would love to have a dog but can't because I work full time. I was brought up with cats but I'm wary of them and I don't like it when they milk tread on your lap.
Small furry animals for me. I have 7 rabbits at the moment and a hamster.

Angela
04-Dec-09, 13:12
MEOW for me - I love my cat! :D

I'd like to have a canine companion as well, but as I live in a city flat and can't get out that much, it would be a miserable life for a dog. :(

madman
04-Dec-09, 13:37
both for me i have 5 rescue cats and 6 mad dogs:lol:

LMS
04-Dec-09, 20:35
Neither, can't stand dogs or cats. Both incredibly smelly and hairy.

BINBOB
04-Dec-09, 23:58
Neither, can't stand dogs or cats. Both incredibly smelly and hairy.
Just like some folk,then....give me a dog any day!!!;)

Vistravi
05-Dec-09, 00:25
It all comes down to what you were brought up with, I believe.

As a child, there was always a cat around. We never had dogs at all. Consequently, I understand cats - they way they behave and react, and why, and what their needs are - much more than dogs.

I don't dislike dogs, I just don't understand them. I dare say they don't understand me either. :D

The other thing about having a dog is that, because I was never brought up with one, I could never be able to trust myself to train one properly. I see, all around me, people who barely have a basic control of their dogs.

I'll stick with what I understand, if that's all right with you. ;)

I'm the same but i was brought up with always having dogs not cats. We had cats when i was about 2 but he was catnapped and deliberately turned feral by being dumped miles from anywhere. When he eventually came home he had to be let loose. My parents didn't have any other cats untill my brother got his two and my dad got his abysinnin(sp) cat and i must have been about 10/12 then. Technically i was brought up with both but dogs had more presence than the cats. I just like cats more and much prefer them over dogs. Just felt more comfortable with them.

Odd though as now i am allergic to dogs! Nothing bad its just my nasal passages in my nose sort of block up and i feel like i have a really bad cold.
I knew the previous occupier of the house we are in now had a dog as i was in the house prehoovering by us sorting out the boxes into places to go for a few hours and just felt like i had suddenly developed a bad cold and my nose was so blocked. Took about a week for that to shift and many hoovering and deep cleaning to allow it to pass. Suppose being allergic to their fur and being very scared of them is an excuse to keep telling my partner we can't have a husky!

topotheuk
05-Dec-09, 00:27
have both so canna say one over the other. Cats and dogs both have different things that I like. I will stick my neck out though and say my favourite animal would have to be horses. I love my dogs and cats, but nothing can beat me horses! :)

tigger2u
05-Dec-09, 01:09
Cats are evil! never trust a cat. once you do they look at you with cute eyes and when you look away your hand is scratches to pieces.

They are the devils helpers [evil]

[lol]

Tom Cornwall
05-Dec-09, 20:21
- they are evil wee critters that dig up my flower beds and crap in them, dirty critters.

that's why I HATE cats... I don't care too much for dogs either...

Invisible
05-Dec-09, 20:59
Cats are evil! never trust a cat. once you do they look at you with cute eyes and when you look away your hand is scratches to pieces.

They are the devils helpers [evil]

[lol]

I agree with this statement

sassylass
05-Dec-09, 22:20
Dogs, they truly are man's best friend. Cats are nice too but they make me sneeze.

Kirdon
06-Dec-09, 21:42
Dogs every time, cats should only be on farms and the like where they can take care of vermin. Never did hear of a Guide cat for the blind or a search cat, A dog will give its life for you but a cat is only interested in itself.

Loraine
06-Dec-09, 23:33
It's a funny one this - I've had several cats in the family and then one after moving out but now I don't have any and I'm a dog lover!! I think it's just that they love attention and give you so much more back than cats do!

froal
08-Dec-09, 17:50
With 8 dogs i'd have to say Woofs :D but i also loves cats too don't have one maybe some day !:roll:

Rheghead
10-Dec-09, 12:34
interesting article

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/6772062/Dogs-are-better-than-cats---at-least-scientifically-speaking.html

Invisible
10-Dec-09, 12:44
interesting article

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/6772062/Dogs-are-better-than-cats---at-least-scientifically-speaking.html

It seems like in the top photo of the article the dog is looking up to the cat saying "I told you so".

Miss Mack
18-Dec-09, 20:18
Only cat owners like cats ![disgust]