PDA

View Full Version : Ranting About Banking

ragdollyanna
03-Dec-09, 11:38
Is anyone else horrified that:

HBOS are to begin charging £1 for everyday you are overdrawn (nothing like taking advantage of people's current financial difficulties)

The entire board of RBS have threatened to resign if the Government intervenes to stop them receiving ridiculous bonuses (LET THEM - THEY'VE DONE A RUBBISH JOB)

Not to mention it looks like the banks aren't going to have to pay back the OTT charges they have been rooking us for over the years...

I know banks are businesses but given the current economic climate and the fact that banks are largely to blame for it.... WHAT'S IT ALL ABOOT?!?!?

Come with me in my rant.....

spurtle
03-Dec-09, 11:51
Are there any other ways of managing your money without using a bank? I hope there is as I'm fed up.
One time I got a late cheque in of £700 and put it in, there was a direct debit coming out which was going to make me £20 over my overdraft so I phone my manager and asked them to please hold it off as they could see there was a cheque waithing to clear, the response was " I'm sorry , there's nothing I can do", so I was charged £35.00
Down with banks and set up your own personal one, I don't see why not.

ShelleyCowie
03-Dec-09, 11:59
Me and my OH were outraged about it! [evil]

I think its rediculous! Not only do we now have to pay to be in our over draft but bank charges are still there because they won the court case.

An over draft is meant to be a safety net for people. Before i had an over draft i was over-drawn by 7p. Ended up paying £35 for the 7p!

I absolutely hate banks! I really do. :confused

tonkatojo
03-Dec-09, 12:10
Systematically sack the lot, re- negotiate their contracts if they want a job back include all previous settlements IE; the notorious FRED. If this doesn't work finish the bank completely, immediately re-brand it and start again without the encumbrances of Fred the Shed and all the others. Periodically go through all the banks and do the same.

Phill
03-Dec-09, 12:12
Shelley, are you sure the £1 charge isn't for unauthorised overdrafts?

i.e. only if you go overdrawn without an overdraft or beyond it's limit.

Angela
03-Dec-09, 12:20
Phill, I'm with HBOS too and I can confirm that the £1 a day charge is for authorised overdrafts. I have a £1,000 agreed 'facility' but if I am overdrawn by even 1p a day now I will be charged £1 a day for this!:mad:

As for the RBS directors, the thing to do would be to call their bluff and wave bye bye to them. [lol] Their greed and arrogance are beyond belief.[evil]

Phill
03-Dec-09, 12:21
Systematically sack the lot, re- negotiate their contracts if they want a job back include all previous settlements IE; the notorious FRED. If this doesn't work finish the bank completely, immediately re-brand it and start again without the encumbrances of Fred the Shed and all the others. Periodically go through all the banks and do the same.

I could bring my trebuchet to this party!

I think the gov't or the judiciary on behalf of the public should be launching recovery action on all the money that has been put up to bail the banks out.

i.e. recover the last 10 years bonuses of every director / executive / senior manager of every bank that has had public money.

Renegotiate (dictate) their contracts to minimum wage and legal minimum hol's etc.

And then beat them about the head with a rancid turkey before sending them to the trebuchet.

tonkatojo
03-Dec-09, 12:23
I could bring my trebuchet to this party!

I think the gov't or the judiciary on behalf of the public should be launching recovery action on all the money that has been put up to bail the banks out.

i.e. recover the last 10 years bonuses of every director / executive / senior manager of every bank that has had public money.

Renegotiate (dictate) their contracts to minimum wage and legal minimum hol's etc.

And then beat them about the head with a rancid turkey before sending them to the trebuchet.

Although I have no quibble with my banks I will second this motion on behalf of common decency.

Phill
03-Dec-09, 12:25
Phill, I'm with HBOS too and I can confirm that the £1 a day charge is for authorised overdrafts. I have a £1,000 agreed 'facility' but if I am overdrawn by even 1p a day now I will be charged £1 a day for this!

YOUR!!!!!!INFARCTION!!!INFARCTION!!!!!INFARCTION!! !!!JOKING! :eek:

Vote with your feet, get the hell out. That is outrageous!

Phill
03-Dec-09, 12:35
Although I have no quibble with my banks I will second this motion on behalf of common decency.

I can't grumble with our bank either.
We've been with the HSBC for years for various financial services, both business & personal. Currently we use First Direct (part of HSBC) for personal banking which I would recommend to anyone.
HSBC have recently opened up in Inverness so they are a little closer but still too far for those that need branch services.

pat
03-Dec-09, 12:52
As most of the banks employees are really government employees now - why not make them all on council employee rates pf pay - will wipe a smile off many of their smug faces and make them realise how everyone else survives.

tonkatojo
03-Dec-09, 12:54
As most of the banks employees are really government employees now - why not make them all on council employee rates pf pay - will wipe a smile off many of their smug faces and make them realise how everyone else survives.

Without the pension rights EH.;)

Phill
03-Dec-09, 13:03
Without the pension rights EH.;)

Snatch them off 'em too.

How many people have been left with little or no pension due to the bankers?

now, what's that word that rhymes with bankers.......

tonkatojo
03-Dec-09, 13:12
Snatch them off 'em too.

How many people have been left with little or no pension due to the bankers?

now, what's that word that rhymes with bankers.......

Apparently the council tax would be half'd if the gold plated pensions of the councils were rescinded, your thoughts ??.

Phill
03-Dec-09, 13:54
Apparently the council tax would be half'd if the gold plated pensions of the councils were rescinded, your thoughts ??.

Is this the pensions of a few exec's?

tonkatojo
03-Dec-09, 17:25
Is this the pensions of a few exec's?

Probably, but it would be next to nowt if the final salary whatnot didn't apply.