PDA

View Full Version : Castletown Hotel

ss.sv650
03-Dec-09, 10:53
I note with interest that there was a nasty rant at the hotel a few days back which has now been removed, the only reason I can see for this is that it was outright lies.

However if it was should the poster reponsible not be big enough to post a 'sorry' and if it was not the case can the org tell us why it was removed.

I for one use the place a lot and have never been able to fault the staff or the food and whilst we all enjoy a good debate on the org and all have our own views I was suprised and shocked at the outburst and glad to see it has been removed.

At this time of the year and with the economy in the state its in we should be supporting our local and if you see or have a problem tell them so it can be fixed!!!

784pete
03-Dec-09, 11:00
have to agree never had a prob there and got the belly to proove it !!!!

only staff we really come accross are Evelyn, Clair, Russel and Pauline and all are first class and very approachable helpfull and grate fun and i would never hesitate to tell them if there was a prob with anythin

suppose you cant please every one all the time though but just keep pleasing the one that matter and ya cant go wrong !!!!!!

as i have said before on here though its an all round nice place to go and cant wait for the new fire to get lit !!!!

Keep up the good work and happy christmas to all the staff there:D

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
03-Dec-09, 11:03
I find the feed their tremendous but time and time again I find the service is slow..... one time having to wait over an hour and a half for main course..... in the dining room they said the bar was busy - which it wasn't because in my boredom I went through there to chat to a friend who was waiting for food there for ages - only to be told the dining room was exceptionally busy .....

But I know everywhere can have a slow day for whatever reason - but the staff are friendly and helpful and the food is amazing but dinner is not quick - maybe lunch time is different.....

Also had a great feed in the Norseman the other week which is owned by the same proprietor....

Fran
05-Dec-09, 02:04
I have found no fault with castletown or the Norseman. The staff are very friendly and welcoming and the food is wonderful. My cousins came up from sussex and they eat out all over the country and they said the carvery and the christmas dinner in castletown were 2 of the best meals they have ever had.