PDA

View Full Version : Confidential paper waste disposal

Cobblynob
02-Dec-09, 14:27
Is there anywhere locally you can securely dispose of commercial or confidential paper waste, large quantities (eg archive boxes) , i.e. not suitable for a shredder without it suffering a meltdown?

simpsoney
02-Dec-09, 18:00
Dont think so in Caithness but i think there is a company in Inverness.

weeboyagee
02-Dec-09, 18:57
I was needing to ask just that very question in the past two/three days! I know of the place near Inverness but thought that surely there would be a service like that somewhere up here that, as asked, wouldn't put a shredder in overload or have someone feeding the thing for hours!

WBG :cool:

Murdina Bug
02-Dec-09, 19:50
I looked into this for work and we have been using Northern Recycling Solutions from Inverness (was previously part of Filevault). They service a number of local businesses and collect on a monthly basis. If you want them to shred the papers for you they will supply you with bags with plastic tie seals. I think they may actually incinerate rather than shred but not sure.

I can have a look for the contact details tomorrow if anyone wishes them. Katie Calder is the rep's name and she is very helpful.

Stack Rock
02-Dec-09, 21:07
The Council used to provide this service. The paper is buried in your sealed bags in Seater landfill tip. No-one will be rummeging about in there. However if your stuff is really 'top secret' this may not be suitable.

David Banks
03-Dec-09, 00:27
Is there anywhere locally you can securely dispose of commercial or confidential paper waste, large quantities (eg archive boxes) , i.e. not suitable for a shredder without it suffering a meltdown?

Being a true cynic:
I would question a company's definition of "securely dispose of."
And as for shredding, the information can still be retrieved.
The really confidential pages I'd put in the fireplace, and not waste a penny on the rest.

changilass
03-Dec-09, 00:31
Our private stuff is very securely gotten rid off. First it is shredded then put in a beeg bucket with water and make into fire logs and burnt.

Not that we have anything that confidential, just too tight to throw it away when I can get a free warm out of it and the wee man loves making the logs.

Rheghead
03-Dec-09, 02:28
I'm sure Dounreay get rid of truck fulls of confidential waste each year, try to find out who they use and perhaps they might take it for nothing.

Bazeye
03-Dec-09, 03:36
Lifetimes supply of toilet paper. Make sure you remove the staples first.:eek:

Cobblynob
03-Dec-09, 09:50
"I'm sure Dounreay get rid of truck fulls of confidential waste each year, try to find out who they use and perhaps they might take it for nothing"

This is what I had been wondering, surely in their drive for commercial projects they could offer this as a service locally? We would be willing to pay something towards the cost just to declutter!

Any Dounreay people out there who can tell us?

EDDIE
03-Dec-09, 10:02
"I'm sure Dounreay get rid of truck fulls of confidential waste each year, try to find out who they use and perhaps they might take it for nothing"

This is what I had been wondering, surely in their drive for commercial projects they could offer this as a service locally? We would be willing to pay something towards the cost just to declutter!

Any Dounreay people out there who can tell us?

Your files cant be that confedential if your trying to get it shredded for free or next to nothing.?
All you got to do is get a 45 gallon drum take the top of it and fill it up with your paper and put a we bit a petrol on it and light it job done