PDA

View Full Version : I've fallen in love!

Vistravi
01-Dec-09, 19:44
Saw my beautful baby for the first time today! I couldn't take my eyes off the screen! I've fallen in love! My wee monkey was being a rascal for the midwife though :lol:

I am 16 weeks pregnant and couldn't be happier. I was going to make this my 1000 post but 1005 is close enough lol.

goldenguernsey
01-Dec-09, 19:47
congratulations to you both x

cuddlepop
01-Dec-09, 20:07
Saw my beautful baby for the first time today! I couldn't take my eyes off the screen! I've fallen in love! My wee monkey was being a rascal for the midwife though :lol:

I am 16 weeks pregnant and couldn't be happier. I was going to make this my 1000 post but 1005 is close enough lol.

Thats a wonderful feeling when you see your babys scan for the first time.

You feeling any better or just as sick?:):(

Vistravi
01-Dec-09, 20:16
Thats a wonderful feeling when you see your babys scan for the first time.

You feeling any better or just as sick?:):(

Can eat no bother now but still being sick but its just fluids. hmm I do hope it passes very soon. I'm just thankful that its not everyday and alot during the day.

My mum's just seen the scan pictures and she thinks the one with my wee monkey's hand over his/her face is funny like i do. I love it, its the best picture of them. :lol:

upolian
01-Dec-09, 20:20
congrats:D you seem very happy and so you should be :D:D

cuddlepop
01-Dec-09, 20:23
Can eat no bother now but still being sick but its just fluids. hmm I do hope it passes very soon. I'm just thankful that its not everyday and alot during the day.

My mum's just seen the scan pictures and she thinks the one with my wee monkey's hand over his/her face is funny like i do. I love it, its the best picture of them. :lol:

Thats good news my sons girlfriend has stopped being sick but now has the most horrendoes indigestion.:eek:

That picture sounds just divine.:D

Venture
01-Dec-09, 20:25

Well done Vistravi, congratulations to you both.:)

gunnlass
01-Dec-09, 20:29
Thats why your cat was acting strange then : ) , congratulations!

Vistravi
01-Dec-09, 20:31
congrats you seem very happy and so you should be

I'm very happy. I thought i was 12 weeks so to find out i was 16 weeks was a surprise but a nice surprise. :D Skipped a month lol.

The pregncnacy wasn't planned and it came to a shock to both of us but after we got round the idea we were happy though my partner had mixed feelings. Now after seeing our wee one we have both fallen deeply in love and we're both looking forward to feeling it kick and meeting him/her.

Liz
01-Dec-09, 20:35

Oh yes forgot about that!:lol:

Congratulations Vistravi. Fair chuffed for you!:D

Vistravi
01-Dec-09, 20:35

Aye i realised the reason a couple of weeks afterwards. ;) She was actng weird for a few weeks before i posted my thread so she knew well before i did! She could've said :lol:

ShelleyCowie
01-Dec-09, 20:48
well i have said it before...but i will say it again! Congrats! :D

and you skipped a month you lucky thing!!

Vistravi
01-Dec-09, 21:00
well i have said it before...but i will say it again! Congrats! :D

and you skipped a month you lucky thing!!

My head is not designed for dates :roll: Its obvious as i was 4 weeks out :lol:

teenybash
01-Dec-09, 21:33
Aah how lovely for you..........and what a bonus finding ot you will deliver a month earlier.....congatulations......ginger nut/crunch biscuits for the sickness.......:)

upolian
01-Dec-09, 21:39
I'm very happy. I thought i was 12 weeks so to find out i was 16 weeks was a surprise but a nice surprise. Skipped a month lol.

The pregncnacy wasn't planned and it came to a shock to both of us but after we got round the idea we were happy though my partner had mixed feelings. Now after seeing our wee one we have both fallen deeply in love and we're both looking forward to feeling it kick and meeting him/her.

awesome i guess it would be a bit scary as it wasnt planned,you sound over the moon now so its all good :D you'l be so excited about it all,time to buy the name book and browse through the boy girl names now yay :D congrats to you both :D

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Dec-09, 22:17
Congratulations Vistravi:):).

Vistravi
01-Dec-09, 22:31
awesome i guess it would be a bit scary as it wasnt planned,you sound over the moon now so its all good you'l be so excited about it all,time to buy the name book and browse through the boy girl names now yay congrats to you both

Funny enough girl name is easy but boy names is really hard. We talked about what names we liked for a boy early as for a girl it was no question what she'd be called. We've settled on a boy name....... but that may change yet again.

At the moment i don't know who is more excited me, my partner or my family! My mum and his dad demanded scaned verions of the scan pics after the scan! Grandparents are very excited. :) I'm going to have to make sure our child isn't spoilt by anything but love.

Vistravi
01-Dec-09, 22:34
Aah how lovely for you..........and what a bonus finding ot you will deliver a month earlier.....congatulations......ginger nut/crunch biscuits for the sickness.......:)

Thank you, Aye it helps sometimes. The only thing that really helps most of the time is milk just out of the fridge but thats only for nauseus. It's not as bad as it was as i did have it chronic all day for three weeks straight and lost alot of weight due to not being able to eat properly. I love ginger biscuits so any excuse to eat them!

Vistravi
01-Dec-09, 22:38
congratulations to you both x

Well done Vistravi, congratulations to you both.

Oh yes forgot about that!

Congratulations Vistravi. Fair chuffed for you!

Congratulations Vistravi.

Thank you! The more i've seen of my babe's stubborn antics and character today the more i fell in love!! I can't wait untill he/she is moving about more and i can feel it and when i get to hold him/her. For now i am content in making sure he/she gets enough nutrients and stays in there for as long as they need to. Thats my job for now. Just got to not be so impatient!

KCI
01-Dec-09, 22:58
Aww, congratulations!

It seems like yesterday when I was in the same situation, but my little baby is now 10 months old, crawling everywhere and desperate to walk!

I had terrible sickness for months, and heartburn -cold milk, ice cubes, gaviscon and rennies chews were the only things that worked for me!

Enjoy as much as you can - time passes so quickly!

ShelleyCowie
01-Dec-09, 23:18
Oooohhh heartburn!! I will NEVER forget that! I had it chronic. Acid reflux too. It was awful. Would go through 2 packs of heartburn tablets a day easily. Nothing really worked though :(

Its all on u now Vistravi! [lol]

Dadie
02-Dec-09, 09:13
Congrats!
Didnt like to post anything earlier!
For the morning sickness its best to eat small meals frequently and I found by eating toast in bed before I got up would help.
For heartburn I cant really help but when pregnant with Lauren I ended up resorting to swigging from the gavison bottle:lol:
I have 5 weeks to go and I am getting scanned every 2 weeks as Lauren and Iona were both small and early which is a real pain!
But you will see more on your 20week scan as that is where they start to look like a baby.
Just take things easy if you are tired and put your feet up although you should be feeling not so knackered by now (but that comes back later) and enjoy the being pregnant stage as it may seem ages away untill you get to hold your baby but it soon comes round.
Ps start using bio oil on your tum, boobs and thighs now to try and lessen the stretch marks when they come, and, when you have a bump dont forget the bit below the bump you cant see:lol:

edayhouse
02-Dec-09, 14:40
Congratulations - try to rest plenty!!

Vistravi
02-Dec-09, 21:20
Congrats!
Didnt like to post anything earlier!
For the morning sickness its best to eat small meals frequently and I found by eating toast in bed before I got up would help.
For heartburn I cant really help but when pregnant with Lauren I ended up resorting to swigging from the gavison bottle:lol:
I have 5 weeks to go and I am getting scanned every 2 weeks as Lauren and Iona were both small and early which is a real pain!
But you will see more on your 20week scan as that is where they start to look like a baby.
Just take things easy if you are tired and put your feet up although you should be feeling not so knackered by now (but that comes back later) and enjoy the being pregnant stage as it may seem ages away untill you get to hold your baby but it soon comes round.
Ps start using bio oil on your tum, boobs and thighs now to try and lessen the stretch marks when they come, and, when you have a bump dont forget the bit below the bump you cant see:lol:

One of my work mates has 9 weeks left til her due date and she told me the exact same thing! I've got a wee bump starting which myself and my partner can only tell at the moment, and started using bio oil on anywhere that i could get stretch marks three days ago.

I've been quite bad as i'm still wearing underwired bras but i don't want to breastfed so its ok for now. Lukily enough they only got bigger so far at the very start a couple of months before i found out i was pregnant and haven't got any bigger .....yet! I hate wearing bras at night so not looking forward to when i have to!

My partner thinks it hilarious watching me apply the bio oil, i think he'll defintly help when i can't reach!

Lucky you having constant scans. I love seeing my baby. the pain and discomfort from the full bladder was worth it just to see my wee one. I've been booked in for my 20 week scan and can't wait to see my wee monkey again.

Good luck with your birth xx

Vistravi
02-Dec-09, 21:24
Congratulations - try to rest plenty!!

Trying! I have had problems with sleep and it swings from insomina to needing almost 10 hours! I've always been running on 7 to 8 hours sleep so its a bit odd to need more one week and then struggle to sleep the next. Working 40 to 45 hours every week takes it toll and makes me feel more tired by friday but will keep on doing it untill i can no longer do it and then drop back to 30 then 20 then perhaps 15 or 10. My boss has pretty much confirmed i can drop past my contract hours which is 20 if its for health reasons due to my pregnancy but 20 hours should be fine anyway.

I'm already thinking of going on maternity leave at the start of the month i am due or a week before i am due as i want to work for as long as possible and have the extra time with my baby not waiting for the time to come when he/she is ready to come out. If i don't have to i don't want to. Even thinking of just working right up to my due date! Shall see about that one nearer the time.

ShelleyCowie
02-Dec-09, 23:34
i had alot o scans too Dadie. Think it was 10 in total. Had a low placenta so they had to keep an eye on it to see if i cud have a natural birth. about 1 week before my due date the placenta moved so i was ok for natural birth.

Taken in and enduced 3 times. In labour for over a week. :eek: Then in the end, had the c-section anyway cos he didna want til come lol

In NO way is a c-section the easy way out! I was in so much pain, struggled to breast feed for the first few weeks. Struggled to stand or move in bed. It was awful.

Vistravi take it easy! Plenty o folic acid and suppliments for ya too!!! Next time i see ya then you are in trouble if u aint restin more! :lol: